Fpse for Android News

GITech
Primary Device: HTC ONE Max
Operating System: STOCK
ROM: STOCK

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby GITech » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:58 am

awesome schtruck! I knew somethin' wasn't right!

But your the one who found it, so hats off to you! :)

Ahhhh, feels good to be heard! 8D

what are the chances on that customizable frame limiter?

Thanks man,
Jay

dannejanne
Primary Device: Xperia PLAY
ROM: Stock

Postby dannejanne » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:05 pm

The version with fixed framelimiter isn't uploaded to market yet, right?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:37 pm

no the next update will be released within 24hours with all fixes awaited.

hiei
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android

Postby hiei » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:52 am

Just my curiosity. I know all these bugs have been getting worked on and fixed, but a little while back you had mentioned you'd restart analog support for xperia play. Was just curious if that was still in the works or not. Thanks.

-hiei

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:01 am

My goal is to make just one version for all devices, but for now all my attempt failed, just because Sony's library work using Native Functions that do not work Android < 2.3.

So i'm trying to find a workaround of this problem, by doing external program, but my attempt has failed too, because Sony's library want only to bind onto OpenGL view....and actually i use Canva view.

All ideas are welcome.

hiei
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android

Postby hiei » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:58 pm

I don't really know anything about coding so I'm just throwing it out. But couldn't you create an option within the program that allows the the use of the native library? Like its just another setting option? Then you could chose to use the analog on the xperia. Just a thought.

-hiei

FireStorm
Primary Device: SimpleMobile|HD2
Operating System: Nandroid_v2.3.7
ROM: DorimanX

Postby FireStorm » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:58 am

hiei wrote:I don't really know anything about coding so I'm just throwing it out. But couldn't you create an option within the program that allows the the use of the native library? Like its just another setting option? Then you could chose to use the analog on the xperia. Just a thought.

-hiei

dunno how startup for apps work on android, but some apps "exibit" the behavior associated with checking files, so isnt it possible to put a flag or check or switch somewhere in the program, so when FPse starts up it checks for those specific native libs and starts with said mode enabled, if not, it starts normally?

This method will increase the size, and might take an extra second to start the app, but at least it will be a "seamless" experience like your aiming for... reminds me of the good old days and having to use the -widescreen switch for BF2 and BF2142...

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:29 am

I am glad that schtruck is working on a fix for the framelimiter. I'm playing almost all games with framelimiter enabled because it runs much to fast (yeah! :D) without it. I mean, if schtruck and ldchen managed to create such a great psx emulator, I would like to suggest developing a port of DeSmuME (os Nintendo DS Emulator). ;)

Btw. schtruck are you going to release the new version soon?

dannejanne
Primary Device: Xperia PLAY

Postby dannejanne » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:54 am

Rotkaeqpchen wrote:soon?

Very soon he said in a recent post.

I'm also eager for the new framelimiter as the current one makes some games unplayable, like Legend of Mana.

Without framelimiter the game goes in like 100fps without trouble. Enabling the framelimiter makes the game run in about 47fps. Which point to the framelimiter being broken as the emulator clearly can run the game in almost twice the speed without it.

MegaBubble
Primary Device: Xperia play
Operating System: 2.3
ROM: stock

Postby MegaBubble » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:52 pm

schtruck wrote:My goal is to make just one version for all devices, but for now all my attempt failed, just because Sony's library work using Native Functions that do not work Android < 2.3.

So i'm trying to find a workaround of this problem, by doing external program, but my attempt has failed too, because Sony's library want only to bind onto OpenGL view....and actually i use Canva view.

All ideas are welcome.

Yonghz the creator of n64oid said hes going to implement touch pad support into his emulator when android 4.0 becomes available on the xperia play. I guess he knows a way using android 4.0 to add support without limiting the version.

Also I have an idea but im not sure if it would work, would it be possible to have an app that runs in the background that detects presses on the xperia touch pad and outputs them as scancodes? It means the touch pads would be limited to digital control rather than analog only but at least it would work.

Return to “News”