Fpse for Android News

polandbear193
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Android

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby polandbear193 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Is FF9 supposed to be really wonky with sound? Sound doesn't play during cutscenes (SPU sync is on), sound slows down / speeds up randomly (especially during battle transitions), and instruments don't hold notes when they're supposed to.

MGS works perfectly (sans codec not being able to be read very well). These are the only two games I tried on my Inspire 4G.

hiei
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby hiei » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:06 pm

Aside from the bugs postes I must say I'm very happy cheats have been fixed. Just a tiny note about that. In cheat menu it says cheat 1 then cheat 1. I think its supposed to be a 2 lol. Just a tiny misspelling but the codes work now so I'm very happy. Every now and again I like to use codes so its a big plus for me. :D

-hiei

MSteam
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play
ROM: Stock

Postby MSteam » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:05 pm

Now emu is much faster. Thanks for not stopping to work on it.

But with latest version i can't see any difference with "Screen filtering on\off". I used to play with SF, but now it seems like it's always OFF.
Also, there is no voices in Resident Evil 3 anymore.
And old savestates won't work.

I hope thees bugs will be fixed soon :)

fyatwyrio
Primary Device: tmobile LG G2x
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: stock

Postby fyatwyrio » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:57 pm

fyatwyrio wrote:Does any one else with a tegra 2 device, especially a G2x, have issues with the dual core options? It's hard to tell if there is any improvement when the dual options cause such erratic frame rate issues. Turning them off does help but it sucks to not be able to use them on a dual core device. Thanks.

Oh yeah, and audio popping. The popping even occurs I the menu.

Any other tegra/G2x users with the same issues?

bidaum
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: samsung gs2

Postby bidaum » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:34 am

FF7 now runs silky smoth but screen filtering isnt working anymore :(
Samsung gs2
Let us play in epix settings!! Will post any requested settings/info needed for fix :)

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Screen filtering is only active when you have set Fast draw into video menu. (just below screen filtering option)

About no speed up, it's not because you have still stuttering into Audio that FPse is not faster, on my Xperia play speedup is very visible, even in game play.

And for example if i want to play to Bloody roar 2, while this game is high res, my Xperia play run it a bit slow, so sound is stuttered, but using new DMA, and setting framskipping, this game is really fast and Sound is perfect.

About Old savestate , problem seems related to new DMA core, i'm working for the next version to make it compatible with old savestate.

I made somes works too on compatibility list, Star Ocean will be into the list of the game that will work into next version.

Mar
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire HD
ROM: Android 2.3.3 (Stock updated)

Postby Mar » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:54 am

Not sure which of the latest 3 or 4 updates has done it, but it's really wrecked FPSECE for me :/
I only have two games on my phone (tiny SD card), but they used to work pretty well.
As of the latest few updates, i've pretty much only had problems with it.

Game 1: Final Fantasy 8
Ok, there's alot of issues with this game :) but most of them have been dealt with and it was playing pretty well a few version numbers ago. For some odd reason, sound goes away when videos run - but return once you get back into "play" mode.

Game 2: Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
This game wont run at all anymore, used to run (allthough with some slowdowns at times) pretty well.
All this game does when booted up is show the Sony logo, and then stop there - nothing else happens.

I've tried tweaking with the settings, uninstalling - clearing caché - redownloading and installing and all sorts of thing to get it working like it used to. No luck, I should try with some more games to see if it just aint' working perfectly on my phone anymore.

Edit: just tested with Final Fantasy Tactics - that one runs pretty well at 59fps (though even with the improved sound emulation, it still sounds like it slows down the music a bit?) - so I can play games :P just not all the ones I used to be able to play. I dont have any other games to test :D as most of my PSX games were sold decades ago.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:08 pm

@schtruck

I also got missing sound on resident evil 3
Its like thay start to talk but instantly stops.

Paresite eve 2
Is stuck on published by square electronic arts screen.

Catch ya later..
Galaxy note 9 exynos

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:14 pm

FF8 and Harvest moon need SPUsync on.

About Parasite Eve 2, yes snif, we lost compatibility, we'll check the reason, but are you sure it worked in 0.10.53? because i've tested on PC version and it seems we lost compatiblity times ago.

Grape
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S

Postby Grape » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:39 pm

Games are still freezing after quicksave/quickload. Samsung Galaxy S.

Return to “News”