Fpse for Android News

Mr_President
Primary Device: Galaxy S II
Operating System: Android
ROM: MIUI official

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Mr_President » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:13 am

schtruck wrote:0.10.63:
- Fix Config save which fix many problems.

Now on the market.

I think FPse is very stable now.

thanks for feedback.

Oooh finally! That was an annoying bug. Glad it's gone. Gonna download it now :). Ps: You forgot to post the change log on Android Market ;).

EDIT: Gonna do it tomorrow instead. Market says there's a new update for Fpse but I cant download it :P. Not even a uninstall/reinstall fixes it.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."

hiei
Primary Device: Xperia Play
ROM: Stock

Postby hiei » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:39 am

Bug for ffiv update
Attachments
shot_000004-1.jpg
shot_000004-1.jpg (102.43 KiB) Viewed 14072 times

Grape
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S

Postby Grape » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:14 am

After update still freezing on quicksave/quickload.

Mr_President

Postby Mr_President » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:31 pm

I downloaded it and did my settings. And saving the config after setting my external pads doesn't bug Fpse out so congrats on that :). But... it still doesn't save the pads as default. When I try running a game there are no onscreen pads there =/.

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Postby D69K » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi all :)

I downloaded it and did my settings. And saving the config after setting my external pads doesn't bug Fpse out so congrats on that :). But... it still doesn't save the pads as default. When I try running a game there are no onscreen pads there =/.

try clearing data for FPSE

REPORTS

* Saving Config is working perfectly.
(except for "Dual Core Boost" and "Thread Priority" doesn't save for each game, it's kind of universal, once you set it ON in one game, it stays ON an all other games, once OFF it stays OFF in all games !!

* "Dual Core Boost" and "Thread Priority" is giving me an opposite effect !! it slows gaming for about 4-10 fps. (tried with Rayman - DOOM - Castlevania SOTN) need more testing. all post more in-depth report about this later

* when changing skins it doesn't let me change the skin directly and i have to set skin to Disabled and then set it to external to choose the new skin. "and sometimes it doesn't even work that way and i have to exit FPSE and reenter again to change it !!" and sometimes it crashes and gets me back to main menu of the FPSE

SUGGESTIONS Please consider them :geek:

* it would be nice to make back button exits the current game "I mean when not set to a pad button" instead of having to go to menus than quit than quit again !!

* it would be nice to have an autoload function that loads the latest savestate when i open the game.

HTC SENSATION using FAUX 0.2.4 kernel
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

Mr_President

Postby Mr_President » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:26 pm

D69K wrote:Hi all :)

try clearing data for FPSE

That's what I did. Doesn't help :P. After some more testing I noticed that I can't get external pads to work at all! To save them as default atleast. Ok here's the rundown...

In version 0.10.62 I could first clear the data. Then do all the settings EXCEPT choose an external pad. That means sound, video and input settings, like enabling/disabling the different onscreen buttons. Save as default and exit. If I then would run a game, I'd have all those settings saved with the native onscreen pads. But if I instead launched Fpse, changed to external pads, saved as default and then ran a game they would all use the external pads.

If I do it exactly like this with the 0.10.63 version, I would NOT get the external pads to work. This results in having no pads at all actually! Hope this helps :).

yooin14
Primary Device: galaxy s
Operating System: nothing

Postby yooin14 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:20 pm

HI,

I have been away from fpse for awhile and recently i have updated.

Now, I having trouble when I load or save the real time saving feature.

When I press either save or load my saved file,

Screen get stucks, laggy and music just plays however when I go to setting and get back to the game, trouble is gone.

I didnt touch any setting. dual core support is unclicked.

I have samsung verizon galaxy s.

Thanks!

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:08 pm

I've been having some trouble with savestates as well. In FF8, I can load my saves just fine, but if I then try to save to the memcard, the game freezes.

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Postby D69K » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:19 am

i900frenchaddict wrote:
D69K wrote:Hi all :)

* "Dual Core Boost" and "Thread Priority" is giving me an opposite effect !! it slows gaming for about 4-10 fps. (tried with Rayman - DOOM - Castlevania SOTN) need more testing. all post more in-depth report about this later

HTC SENSATION using FAUX 0.2.4 kernel

Strange, it works for me (HTC Sensation ARHD 3.6.5, Bricked 1.5), very visible on Tekken 3 (but faster without "thread priority", just with "dual core boost")

OK after a LOT of testing with different builds and kernels.

the result is almost identical with every build i tried, the conclusion is:
the new dual core feature is good but it only works with some games i've tested (Tekken and some others)
other games like Rayman, Castlevania SOTN and medievil are giving opposite effect.
it makes gaming laggy and stuttery even though it shows 60fps and in some games it cuts 4-10 fps.
anyway this new feature is great for some games but not all of them.

* and btw transparency is broken
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

JKotlowski
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Motorola Droid X2
ROM: Final Fantasy VIII

Postby JKotlowski » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi guys, I'm having a bit of an issue. I've run into the infamous deck glitch in FF8 in FPSE for Android and I'm completely unable to get past this part in the game. I've tried absolutely everything I could think of. I've reloaded from an mcr file multiple times and replayed through killing off several settings to see if it'd work. I even tried loading directly from the save state, knowing it messed with the FMVs, in an attempt to get past this part. Alas, nothing works. But in my searches I found that people said if you transferred the save file to a PC and played it on a PC emulator, you could get past it by tinkering with some more advanced settings.

So there comes my actual question... I can't find the .MCR files for FPSE... I've even got Astro File manager and used it to search out .MCR files, and all it turned up were MCR files associated with PSX4Droid. (Which I was trying before I found FPSE) So unless FPSE is sharing those .MCR files...? I don't know where they could be.

And, as an off topic nod to sir Moderator, love the FF7 love brah. It's probably my all-time favorite game. I've beaten it from beginning to end at least a dozen times and I've done pretty much EVERYTHING there is to do in the game, save for morphing baddies to get a ton of sources to max out stats and getting a set of the "Master" materias for each character. (I do have a save on my PSP version where I've got 3 sets of them for my main three guys, Cloud, Cid, and Vinny) Just showing some love to a fellow FF7 fan. ;)

-edit-

Whoops, was on an earlier page. Seems like Mr. CloudStrife86 hasn't been on in a while. ^_^;
Nevermind the FF7 rant. If anybody could assist me, I'd be most grateful.

Return to “News”