Fpse for Android News

gamerrr
Primary Device: desire hd
Operating System: android
ROM: no

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby gamerrr » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:59 am

schtruck really tell us how much time you need to opengl? Tell me how to wait, and we stop to ask this question, but we will just wait. Do not ignore please.

k4k7uz
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: SONY TABLET S
Operating System: ANDROID

Postby k4k7uz » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:27 am

how to remove the ghost button error?

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:43 am

gamerrr wrote:schtruck really tell us how much time you need to opengl? Tell me how to wait, and we stop to ask this question, but we will just wait. Do not ignore please.

You have asked already, stop asking for it. All of you please consider OpenGl well and truly "requested". Thank you all for you repeated posts about the same thing, clearly repeating it over and over will get you the answer you want. Schtruck does know about it, obviously. Making demands isn't how this works, you request something, then wait. Simple. I am sure Schtruck will give you more information when it's available.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

FireStorm
Primary Device: SimpleMobile|HD2
Operating System: Nandroid_v2.3.7
ROM: DorimanX

Postby FireStorm » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:53 am

Would LOVE to see OpenGL...

On that note however, I tried loading my BIOS and an ISO and it complains about a corrupted ISO, so I compared the MD5 to the working copy on my PC, its the same, so i re-copied it, same issue.. then after it give that warning 2-3 times it says something about the bios then ejects the bios file (i have to go in and manually select it again)...

Any thoughts?

Using my Asus Transfromer aka TF101, have my PS3 remote USB and Bluetooth synced and ready to play (dont know of FPSece supports it), but sadly none of the ISO's that work fine on my PC EMU work on my TF...

EDIT: Weird, I ran my ISO's through Pocket ISO (not removing anything, just running them through), and then they worked just fine... bleh, whatever LOL! PS3 Bluetooth connected remote worked GREAT! Sound sounds fine (har har), only thing left is OpenGL! ChronoCross/Trigger/All the FF's, Arc The Lad, Lunar (both storys), Wild Arms, XenoGears, and quite a few more of the same type!

EDIT2: @Phaedrus Nine: I didnt read all 200+ pages, but from what I can tell, those who where asking/mentioning it wanted to know if it was even in the plans/road map? Like if you had a list of TO-DO's, from what my (again not all 200+ pages) limited reading and searching pulls up I dont see even a vague answer from dev on if he is even thinking about it, hell, maybe he can put up a to-do list and add OpenGL with a (REQUEST) tag next to it for help, maybe someone else familiar with implementing OpenGL would be willing to help, or at least be a sounding board for his attempts at it :D

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Can't wait to try fpse on the new galaxy note I ordered.

Tekken 3 runs at 45fps on my htc desire HD.
plus seen it run at 60fps with galaxy s2
so hoping for great results on the galaxy note. Running exynos CPU
like galaxy s2 CPU.

Plus the 5.3" screen and 1.4ghz dualcore processor
is more than welcome.

Catch ya later..
Galaxy note 9 exynos

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:31 pm

@FireStorm

Perhaps you're right, I've been thinking about adding a dedicated request thread with a list of requested items and perhaps a list of features being worked on. The reason why I get annoyed is some people repeatedly ask when it just isn't needed. I've spoken to Schtruck about OpenGL and I believe it is going to be worked on, but Schtruck wants to get the basic mechanics of fpse working perfectly before this. Don't forget Schtruck is working with LdChen too, they are both dependent on each others work.

Also, people who were extremely rude a few pages back, and that was about opengl have now chimed in again when someone else has mentioned it. Most of my annoyance was aimed at them.

If everyone here wants a request thread, with perhaps a work in progress update then I'll see about adding one.

One last note:
Please everyone remember Schtruck is very busy most of the time. Be patient.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

FireStorm

Postby FireStorm » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:13 pm

@PhaedrusNine:

To be honest, 2 threads need to be made, a release thread with some sort of update details including whats already included feature wise, then updates, then of course the "working on" and "to-do", THEN a request thread! Sticky the release thread, that way if they feel it necessary to post things already in the to-do section of the release thread they can find them self a temp mute/ban for failing to RTFS (as opposed to RTFM or read the effing manual)! Also, a bug tracker would be a GREAT complement/alternative! (Mantis, Github private source, I would be glad to host it, trust issues aside of course)

Ok, now, onto BUGS!

For me the cheat's arent working, this might be a combination of 2 things, one being there is no GUIDE on how to use FPse for the Android! its partially similar to the FPseCE release, but is different enough that it took me almost an hour to figure out the basics! and the second thing is I possibly entered the codes incorrectly or used the wrong codes (again, no guide, so flying blind here)... oh wait, ill add a 3rd thing, i put the codes in, switch them on, then start the game, if i go back into cheats its back at OFF again, and all cheats are set to "NOT SET" and no matter how many times I click on a cheat and re-enter the code and hit apply, it still says "NOT SET"! and nothing happens when I turn them on then resume the game :/

Playing Chrono Trigger, I used the "save" state function, then when I "load" said state i can walk around and go out of buildings, but all the other NPC's are frozen in place, you cant talk to them, and no events happen as they should :(

Third bug is the onscreen Overlay! I tried to set it to disabled (have a PS3 remote), then save default, then start a game, BOOM FC (didnt catch the logcat sadly, will try next time), next, I try to keep it set at disabled before I load game, but it still comes back on... then i disable it again... needless to say, its not remembering the DISABLED setting no matter which way I slice it... :(

EDIT: HPE is set to enabled, but once I load a ROM i check again and its disabled, Gameshark, Codebreaker and ActionReplay dont work... I grabbed some logcats, will upload in a bit...

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:14 am

FireStorm wrote:@PhaedrusNine:
Third bug is the onscreen Overlay! I tried to set it to disabled (have a PS3 remote), then save default, then start a game, BOOM FC (didnt catch the logcat sadly, will try next time), next, I try to keep it set at disabled before I load game, but it still comes back on... then i disable it again... needless to say, its not remembering the DISABLED setting no matter which way I slice it... :(

EDIT: HPE is set to enabled, but once I load a ROM i check again and its disabled, Gameshark, Codebreaker and ActionReplay dont work... I grabbed some logcats, will upload in a bit...

I'm pretty sure that if you quit FPSE by pressing the home button (as I am wont to do) it dumps your settings changes. I think it only writes out settings to the configuration file when you go into the menu and use the Quit function from the power button in there.

Change your settings and give that a try. That's probably a bug that should be fixed though. Seems silly to not write out changes immediately

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:06 am

@illuminerdi, come to msn i'd like to Fix definitively this problem that somes peoples encounter.

Somes news about Next version!

- New DMA code for ARM is on the way, and you can expect something marvelous....
- Optimisation for Duacore is done.... Drawing part is done into another thread and good surprise is that even mono core can run FPse at very good speed with Filtering screen on (got full speed on my Xperia play...)
- Tablets problems is now fixed!

So just stay the new DMA code and new stunning version will be released... We are thinking to call it 0.11....

FireStorm

Postby FireStorm » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:27 pm

I have tried everything to get the overlay to stay disabled... NADA...

BUT since the Dev Masta has replied above me, I will reinstall (I uninstalled since Its unusable for me) when the next release is made!

Tried everything as well to use cheats... just wont work for meh... (might be a tablet issue, but dont feel like installing it on my phone right now)

EDIT: I have attached my logs from logcat here, id stick to the smaller ones, mainly because I forgot to clear the logs history before i took the last few, if you want you can sift through them, but i think they all have some of the same info (the later might have something different because of my attempts at using GameShark/CodeBreaker/ActionReplay -which didnt work :( )

Heres hoping 0.11 works... (and please FTLOG I hope the settings menu is fixed...)
Attachments
logs.7z
(10.09 KiB) Downloaded 699 times

Return to “News”