Fpse for Android News

sebastian91
Primary Device: HTC HD2 Leo
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: MOD_Tonofu_Tytung_r9_GBX-v12

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby sebastian91 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:32 pm

0.10.58 I was testing the update and found a few things that do not work as deveria
I can not put skin first external pad
remove the sharp second overlay drawing but this is labeled in Spanish permanese so English is not the option directly
I think the Screen filtering does nothing or at least not noticeable
I wanted to change the skin pad by default brings disassembling the application but without a sharp drawing overlay is a ugly and with a white background bmp.
could look at this or is it just me susede me??

estuve probando la actualizacion 0.10.58 y encontre unas cuantas cosas que no funcionan como deverian
primero no puedo poner skin pad externos
segundo quito el sharp overlay drawing este se tilda pero no permanese asi en español en ingles no esta la opcion directamente
el Screen filtering creo que no hace nada o al menos no se nota
quise cambiar el skin pad por el que trae por defecto decompilando la aplicacion pero al no tener sharp overlay drawing queda con un aspecto feo y con un fondo blanco del bmp .
podria mirar esto o es solo a mi que me susede???

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:52 pm

i'm sorry but i found that somes devices had somes limitation int term of memory available in JVM, then a crash occur when running fpse or just running in landscape.

if such occur for you please contact me, i have a version for you to test.

kSt
Primary Device: LG GT540

Postby kSt » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:02 am

Hi schtruck,
FYI latest versions won`t launch ROMs either on my device or on CM7. Tried clean install, different settings, landscape/portrait mode - no effect. ;)

suavethekid
Primary Device: Galaxy note 2, Motorola Xoom
ROM: Blazer rom, Tiamat

Postby suavethekid » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:14 am

Hello Schtruck bug report on new version. Im using moto xoom. So Number one there is a weird line on the bottom of the screen and also you need to put the screen size choice back fullscreen 4:3 and also the screen editor becuase I cannot get it to be fullscreen no matter what i try. Also the screen seems to have lost a little resolution everything is more pixelated even with screen filter. Third Im getting random force close I will send logcats tomorrow for force close. Also when i start a game It starts but i receive a "liscense check error" sorry to have all negative things to say but i had to revert back to previous version just to make things playable again.

Mr_President
Primary Device: Galaxy S II
Operating System: Android
ROM: MIUI official

Postby Mr_President » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:41 am

suavethekid wrote:Hello Schtruck bug report on new version. Im using moto xoom. So Number one there is a weird line on the bottom of the screen and also you need to put the screen size choice back fullscreen 4:3 and also the screen editor becuase I cannot get it to be fullscreen no matter what i try. Also the screen seems to have lost a little resolution everything is more pixelated even with screen filter. Third Im getting random force close I will send logcats tomorrow for force close. Also when i start a game It starts but i receive a "liscense check error" sorry to have all negative things to say but i had to revert back to previous version just to make things playable again.

The "weird line" is exactly what I've noticed too! It's VERY visible in the Resident Evil games during dialogues. It's related to not having Fast Draw enabled. Enable that and the line is gone but bleh, the overlays look really bad then :(. Now that you mention it... I can't get it to be fullscreen either. When I think I've managed to do it and then try to move the screen around, it does. That is a good indication that it's not truly FULLscreen :). The only other issue that I've had is the "license check error". But I fixed it by opening Android Market -> My apps -> Fpse. And then just closing it again after a few sec. When I loaded up Fpse after that the error was gone.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."

thewolf16
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4, Nvidia Shield T
ROM: Stock

Postby thewolf16 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:12 pm

@Schtruck:

Could you look at the Bloody Roar 2 slowdown bug? Its one of my favourite games and i want to play it at fullspeed. Maybe i could help you at debugging.

Wh33ls
Primary Device: Xperia Play
ROM: Stock

Postby Wh33ls » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:25 am

Anyone get diablo to work smoothly?
If so what do i need to do?

Thanks

leon1z
Primary Device: I5800
Operating System: 2.2
ROM: Kyrillos 8.0 W OC 1200Ghz

Postby leon1z » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:28 am

Hey Schtruck, good work on the latest one, all my games seem faster now ;)
But why there's no button drawed on my screen?, all i can do is use slide move :shock:

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:24 pm

schtruck wrote:about performances, compare to 0.15, did you kept all versions of FPse? i'd like to know when this difference started. if you have the 0.10.38 can you make a comparaison too.

I kept only 0.10.15, 0.10.39 and 0.10.57

I installed 0.10.39 and this version is also about 10fps slower than 0.10.15.

I hope this helps :)

Cent
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC G2

Postby Cent » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Some issues with 0.10.58:

1. Sometimes when adjusting the position and scale of overlay pads, it seems to run away from your finger as you try to tap to drag them around.
2. Having adjusted the screen once, you'll never be able to completely full screen it afterwards. You can shift the shrunken screen position, but never fully maximize it. These settings are quite difficult to remove. I've tried deleting the game.inis but a lot of the settings persist.
3. While adjusting the pad scale is nice, having the ability to adjust the scale of each element would be even more useful.
4. The BluezIME analog support was a pleasant surprise. If you could support the Sixaxis android app for true analog as well, it'd be simply perfect.

Return to “News”