Fpse for Android News

Lastb0isct
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android
ROM: Squidly

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Lastb0isct » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:43 pm

darkhalf357x wrote:Figured it out... Couldnt load .57 from the App store because it kept saying it wasn't signed. I ended up downloading the APK and installing it directly, saving my saves! With this version I now have the ability to backup/restore the save state.

Thanks,

How were you able to do this? I am upgrading from 10.10 and am still having problems restoring my .sav states. I backed them all up to my computer so I have them regardless. But when I put them on my phone and try to restore them it recovers all times and when they were saved except when trying to load that .sav it kicks me out of the program...

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Lastb0isct wrote:
darkhalf357x wrote:Figured it out... Couldnt load .57 from the App store because it kept saying it wasn't signed. I ended up downloading the APK and installing it directly, saving my saves! With this version I now have the ability to backup/restore the save state.

Thanks,

How were you able to do this? I am upgrading from 10.10 and am still having problems restoring my .sav states. I backed them all up to my computer so I have them regardless. But when I put them on my phone and try to restore them it recovers all times and when they were saved except when trying to load that .sav it kicks me out of the program...

Doubt you'll be able to use states that old. Without going through the whole changelog, I think the state format has probably changed. If so, you'd have to revert to the old version, load your states, save to memcard, then upgrade and proceed from the memcard saves. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Lastb0isct
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android
ROM: Squidly

Postby Lastb0isct » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:38 pm

LouCipher wrote:Doubt you'll be able to use states that old. Without going through the whole changelog, I think the state format has probably changed. If so, you'd have to revert to the old version, load your states, save to memcard, then upgrade and proceed from the memcard saves. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you know where I would find a list of all the updates so I can see which versions to use? How many different versions have there been since 10.29? I think that's the one I was using beforehand. Even when I reinstalled the old version I wasn't able to load the saves...

LouCipher

Postby LouCipher » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:26 am

Lastb0isct wrote:Do you know where I would find a list of all the updates so I can see which versions to use? How many different versions have there been since 10.29? I think that's the one I was using beforehand. Even when I reinstalled the old version I wasn't able to load the saves...

For a complete version history, this thread is probably your best bet, Schtruck generally posts changelogs in here, don't know of any other complete list. However, if reinstalling the old version doesn't work, that's likely not your problem anyway. Few possibilities here:

1) I don't know about the data structures used in the states, but I would guess you need to have FPSE configured exactly the same as when you made the state in order to use it (same system, sound and video options would be the main things, I expect). Not 100% on that, but it makes sense, as the states are just raw data fed into the various plugins and whatnot.
2) You've done something funny like change the game IDs of your images, and fpse no longer associates the states with the games (doubtful, but possible).
3) Your states are corrupted and unusable. That would suck.

Also, an update on my own unplayable games, no problem with fpse, my memory card is going out, and the isos were corrupted. Needed to convert to eboot anyway, so it works out.

AdamJT186
Primary Device: Samsung galaxy s i9000
ROM: stock

Postby AdamJT186 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:03 pm

Hiya is there does anyone kbow why i cant see th gamepad on th screen it just disappeared, its happened before when i was fiddling with the settings but came back :S

and is there anyway you can make th game in cold blood run smoother? thank!

LouCipher

Postby LouCipher » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:59 am

AdamJT186 wrote:Hiya is there does anyone kbow why i cant see th gamepad on th screen it just disappeared, its happened before when i was fiddling with the settings but came back :S

and is there anyway you can make th game in cold blood run smoother? thank!

The pad settings have always been a bit tweaked for me. I find that if you have trouble, switch from the external to default and back usually does the trick.

ingofoto
Primary Device: Droid 3 / Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 2. 3
ROM: Stock

Postby ingofoto » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Any News regarding the Droid 3 Issues ?
Btw : Medievil 2 works but without sound.
Medievil 1, Einhaender and FF VII (Disc 1) dont work. FF VII Disc 2 works..... haha

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Postby D69K » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:02 pm

ingofoto wrote:Any News regarding the Droid 3 Issues ?
Btw : Medievil 2 works but without sound.
Medievil 1, Einhaender and FF VII (Disc 1) dont work. FF VII Disc 2 works..... haha

i have ME 1&2 and they both work flawlessly, don't know about FF7 but i see a lot of people here who are satisfied with it :)

if there are custom ROMS & kernels for your device try missing around with those maybe the stock ROM is the problem.
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

ingofoto
Primary Device: Droid 3 / Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 2. 3
ROM: Stock

Postby ingofoto » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:20 pm

like I wrote before....

Those games DO work with Fpse but they dont work on the Droid 3.
There are no custom roms for the droid 3 because of the locked bootloader.

So everything is stock.

The Roms work on my Galaxy S2 and my Milestone 1 so it comes down to :
Fpse does not work 100 percent on the Droid 3.

N64oid did the same but the developer fixed it with an update...

Commando_Joe
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Windows 7

Postby Commando_Joe » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:07 pm

When playing FFVII on my Xperia play, when I set the frameskip to 50 it makes the cursor invisible, or show up in the bottom left hand corner of the screen above the menu bar.

Also, no cutscenes were loading up, even with frame skip turned off. (Although the intro cinematic did play, but not anyone after that, so it may have been me changing the default settings.)

Return to “News”