Asus Transformer - Fpse can not access SD card in dock

typci
Primary Device: Asus Transformer

Asus Transformer - Fpse can not access SD card in dock

Postby typci » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:11 pm

When using an Asus Transformer, Fpse can see the SD card in the dock. However, trying to open the SD card directory causes the screen to flash then return back to the /Removable directory.

Using a script to bind the dock's SD card directory to the internal sdcard directory, allowed Fpse to access the directory through the binded directory.

I'm not talking about the MicroSD card, I'm referring to the full size SD card that goes into the Transformer's dock.

Directory structure is: /Removable/SD

Also, the Transformer recently updated to Android 3.2, which fixed many of the problems with programs accessing the Transformer's multiple SD cards.

Also, how about giving the Transformer it's own sub-forum in the android device section? It is hailed by many reviewer's as the best Android tablet, has native joystick support, plenty of speed, good resolution, and capable of plenty of memory for roms, making it ideal for using Fpse. With the Sixaxis controller app, you can even use a wireless PS3 controller with it. What more do you want?

typci

Re: Asus Transformer - Fpse can not access SD card in dock

Postby typci » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:58 pm

I tend to switch roms and kernels a good bit. Don't know anything about the benchmarks. I used to care about benchmarks, but not anymore.

Prime and Revolver work fine. I'm currently using Prime 1.7 and Netformer kernel 1.6, max overclock of 1.6GHz.
I hear clemsyn-blade rom combo works pretty good, though haven't tried it for an extended period of time.
I've tried pretty much all of the roms/kernels available on XDA, and haven't had any problems with the recent releases.

I don't have tekken 3, most of my games are RPGs and such.
I do have legacy of kain: soul reaver. I hear it is a pretty heavy duty game, so it should give you some decent information

I used these settings:
screen filtering, sharp overlay drawing, print FPS, Enhanced 3D rendering, Mdec Acceleration, Gte Acceleration, Fast Booting, HLE mode
EDIT: I may have also had Spu Sync on, not sure. I usually turn it on, but since the settings rarely save, I don't know.

I also have my transformer overclocked to 1.5GHz, via netformer kernal.

After skipping past the intro, and starting the game, I just ran/jumped around the starting room to see what kind of frame rates I got.
Average: 42
High: 44
Low:38 (very very rarely, usually 40)

I turned on all of the high-end settings, because that's how I like to play games.
Hope this provides some useful information.

If you want, I'll try some other games at stock/overclocked settings. My play time is very short right now, but next week I'll have plenty of time to play some games.

typci

Postby typci » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Hope this isn't against any rules.

Just to update, PSX4DROID can access the SD card in the Transformer's dock, so the problem is probably with FPse. Also, PSX4Droid doesn't work with the transformer.

xianghua
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: asus transformer
Operating System: 3.2
ROM: honeycomb

Postby xianghua » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi,

(sorry for my langage, i'm french)

[quote=typci]When using an Asus Transformer, Fpse can see the SD card in the dock. However, trying to open the SD card directory causes the screen to flash then return back to the /Removable directory.[/quote]

I have the same things, i can't open psx roms which are in the sdcard of the keyboard.

Is it a bug from fpse or asus/android? what's the solution? (and what's this script :o)

Thanks a lot for the help

Return to “General Discussion”