Final Fantasy IX

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
max3000

Re: FFIX menu slowdown.

Postby max3000 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:05 pm

schtruck wrote:it's related to texture windows emulation which is more complicated to emulate than a simple texture... there is surely somes optimisation for this part... i'll take a look.

Div033
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Droid Incredible
ROM: CM7

Postby Div033 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:25 pm

In the meantime, if you wish to play this game with minimal slowdown you can either play in portrait mode or landscape with the screen size set to "Small". Also make sure screen filtering is disabled, but you can enable Spu Sync.

It's a small image and it's not filtered, but hey at least it runs 55-60fps in battles.

This is all on my HTC Droid Incredible with CM7.

max3000

Postby max3000 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Div033 wrote:In the meantime, if you wish to play this game with minimal slowdown you can either play in portrait mode or landscape with the screen size set to "Small". Also make sure screen filtering is disabled, but you can enable Spu Sync.

It's a small image and it's not filtered, but hey at least it runs 55-60fps in battles.

This is all on my HTC Droid Incredible with CM7.

What I do is press Square yo hide the stats and once I'm ready to attack pop it back in haha.

familymanisca
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s vibrant
Operating System: none
ROM: stock 2.2 froyo

Re: Final Fantasy IX

Postby familymanisca » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Just started playing the only issue I'm having is beingunable to save using the ingame function it says data corrupt anyone know a workaround?

Using savestates now seems to work just fine although I can use ingame save for every other game

Shadowmist
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3

Final Fantasy IX - Cutscenes broken since latest patch

Postby Shadowmist » Wed May 11, 2011 11:01 am

Hi!

I just recently bought an Xperia Play and got FPse to play my favorite games.
I got working roms and bios and everything was working perfectly until the latest patch for FPSE.
Before the patch i could watch the cutscenes in FFIX in full motion without frameskip, the only thing missing was sound. But now since latest patch all cutscenes are messed up pixels and the game freezes for a couple of minutes before it continues.

Is there a setting to fix this or how come it worked before and now it doesn't?

Thanks!

// Shadomwist

Maguel
Primary Device: Droid X
ROM: Liberty 1.5

Re: Final Fantasy 9 disk 3

Postby Maguel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Sorry to revive a dead topic, but I thought I would post in here instead of creating a new one; I am having this exact same problem right now.

flake
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S II

Problem With FF9

Postby flake » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:52 pm

Hello guys,

I read to you because i've got a problem without solution. When i play FF9, i can't see my HP en MP, i've tried to put some option at 50 fps, but nothing changes. How can I do to see my HP and MP. Thanks for your answers.

Flake

P.S.: Sorry if my english suxx i'm a french man ^^

flake
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S II

Re: Problem With FF9

Postby flake » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:39 pm

It's good you cna close the topic ^^

bornwinner2
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia play
Operating System: andriod

Postby bornwinner2 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:54 pm

hello i have some doubts i would like to clear with you guys..

Is the save state only place to save now? wad if i restart the phone, will the data still be there?
and how do i change disc at the end of disc 1, do i press eject and select disc 2?

please clear my doubts lol thanks!

Siiig
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Motorolla Atrix
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby Siiig » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:55 am

Hey All,

There is an outstanding amount of information in this topic, the problem is it's a bit hard to sift through.

I'm currently running FPse on my Moto Atrix, and I'm trying to get FF9 to, what I would consider, playable. The phone has no problems so far doing anything--except play sound during FMVs. I've seen various topics about some of the other FF games when it came to sound + FMVs, but the solutions didn't work for me--at least not the ones I could figure out how to do. I.E. Spu Sync didn't help my problem.

I've seen some other mentions of fixes that referred to modifying the fpse.ini? I'm not sure how to accomplish that on my un-rooted droid, or even if the droid version is modifiable in this way.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!

Running FPse 0.10.54, Moto Atrix, and FF9 NTSC Version.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”