FPse for Android "marketing"

Primary Device: ZTE Blade

FPse for Android "marketing"

Postby 90180360 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:50 am

I think there are a few very trivial measures which could be taken to give FPse more visibility and avoid negative ratings on Android Market.

My suggestions:

• Rename it from "FPse for android" to "FPse (PSX Emulator)"
    It's on the Android Market, so "for android" is somehow redundant. Also it would make it much easier to find and its purpose would be instantly obvious to people who have never heard of FPse before. All other emulators use this naming scheme, so it would be more likely that FPse shows up under RELATED on their page.
  • Enable "Spu Sync" by default.
    It barely hurts performance and many negative comments are because of games that don't start without it.
  • Draw all overlay buttons by default.
    Of course they should be figuring out themselves, but they get frustrated if they can't find the Start button...
  • Label the UI buttons.
  • In WHAT'S NEW on the market, don't just include the very latest changes.
    A real changelog would do the amazing progress this is making much more justice.

Those suggestions obviously assume that you care about sales and ratings.
If you just want to code the most advanced PSX emulator you don't need no advice :lol:

Nanaz
Primary Device: Droid X
ROM: Lunar: SSS

Re: FPse for Android "marketing"

Postby Nanaz » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:02 pm

Yup, don't have much to say...

Sounds like it would be a good idea.

If you like money anyways.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:45 pm

They all seems like good suggestions to me. Except the first one.

I'm all for renaming, because "Fpse for android" isn't as catchy as it could be. "FpseDroid" I'd prefer, or something similar, but I do see what you mean about it being found on the market.

However obviously it's named as it is because it is a port. And not just a port, it's a port, of a port.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

MrAJL
Primary Device: HTC Desire HD
ROM: SCPH1001.bin

Postby MrAJL » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:27 pm

I actually found FPSe from looking at another android PSX emulator and someone saying FPSe was better, so i checked it out, i didnt actually notice FPSe from the search, So perhaps OP is on to something, as if it wasn't for that commenter, i wouldnt have found this app.

zarathustrax
Primary Device: HD2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: stock

Postby zarathustrax » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:41 pm

Yeah, i agree. I came across FPSE accidently while browsing the android market... I hadn't kept up on schtrucks development for a couple months since I completely removed WM6.5 off my HD2, and I was hoping for cotulla to release a build of WM6.5 that could boot off SD just so I could use FPSECE again.
Then while browsing the market, I noticed FPSE... it didn't click right away what I remembered those initials from... then it hit me with a burst of excitement and joy. I immediately bought it and came back to these forums.

But it does need to be made to stick out more on the market... and be more descriptive in the name so people who were not FPSeCE users will know what kind of app it is. It is by far the best PSX emulator available, but most android people don't know about it... everyone knows about PSX4Droid, but no one is aware of this much superior and better supported emulator.

I just ordered myself one of the new iControlPad bluetooth gamepads and joined their development forum ( http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php ... ontrolpad/ ), and these guys over there are trying to send free gamepads to emulator developers and get their gamepads tested and supported in all the popular emulators for android and iphone... so this is a forum full of people that are into playing emulators on their phones, and I don't think anyone there had heard of FPSe until I started posting about it and telling them how superior FPSe is, and that they need to send schtruck a gamepad to test so we can get full support for it this great emulator and be able to have the analog nubs work just like the analog sticks on playstation controllers.

But back to the point, I'm sure FPSe would sell a lot better and become much more well-known if it was made more clear what exactly it was in the title. I'm sure either way, though, that it will become much more popular and known by word of mouth of satisfied users over time... but it would gain popularity much quicker if it was made more visible.
Either way, thank you schtruck for all your continued hard work to make this the best PSX emulator available.

alabaster
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire
Operating System: Android
ROM: CM7

Postby alabaster » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:17 am

I also stumbled upon FPse (it wasn't easy to find). Even before when I was scouring google for android PSX emulators I didn't see FPse once?! It was only when I was experiencing problems with my previous PSX emulator that I read someone saying FPse is better.

FPseDroid sounds like a good name but it needs the (PSX Emulator) for the mass attention. However, I'm not sure if that will result in bringing unwanted attention and getting it removed from the market as other emulators have already experienced.

momo
Primary Device: Galaxy Ace
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Froyo

Postby momo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:57 am

I dont know where, but i think i've read FPSE refer to "fast play station emulator..."

KowboyBebop
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie

Postby KowboyBebop » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:56 pm

The "f" really stands for first if I'm not mistaken.
But I thought that FPSEce is port of FPSE. As such the FPSE is root of the name so as it's a port of that program the "ce" and "for Android" was added. So the word "First" never stood for being first of such applications for WM or Android. It's just a part of the original name from the desktop version, isnt it?
New All-in-1 Pack
HTC HD 2 / HTC LEO // 8GB microSD class6 // ROM: EnergyROM GTX
FPSeCE Download | FPSeCE Complete How To Guide | Request new version
HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

Fuego
Primary Device: Xperia Play 4G (on T-Mobile)
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: Stock

Postby Fuego » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:46 pm

I just worry that if you add PSX or some variation to the name that it might make it a target to get pulled.

Return to “General Discussion”