View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Guys...I really need help please 
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Sony Xperia Play
Operating System: Sony Xperia Play
ROM: Sony Xperia Play
Post Guys...I really need help please
Hi,

Running scph10001.bin, I imaged FF7 disk 1, worked fine, been playing it etc.

Ok so it reaches the point where I need disk 2, so I image those files, exactly as I did before... yet its ALWAYS crashing no matter what bios I use, no matter what file extension I use, with the "the application fpse has stopped unexpectedly".

Ok, so I thought... perhaps a .rar has corrupted somewhere during the merge into an image, so I re-downloaded an entirely different 'bulk' file, containing all 6 .rar's I needed.

Same thing, 2 completely different .rars from 2 completely different hosts, under multiple bios's tested.

Please can someone help me? I'm racking my brain as to why disk 1 works, disk 2 doesnt... I've even updated my FPSE version and that was installed just fine, disk 1 still works.

I'm very IT literate, and am finding this mind boggling!

Please, your help would be so appreciated...

Many thanks,
Storm.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:13 am
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
Post Re: Guys...I really need help please
By rights, I shouldn't be trying to help you here, because you admit to using a pirated copy of the game.
You probably have a bad image, just one of the numerous risks surrounding piracy. Fpse is VERY particular about the quality of the image file. Slight hiccups in ripping or compressing have been known to render the game entirely unplayable.
Note that recently, people have been having difficulty with .iso files. What format is the file that you are trying to use? I recommend .bin or .img compressed to .z with PocketISO (leaving the audio and video untouched).

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:44 pm
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Sony Xperia Play
Operating System: Sony Xperia Play
ROM: Sony Xperia Play
Hey,

I have my own copy... how do I image that?

Ive tried .iso .img .bin not tried .z but all the others failed.

Will try .z's thanks...

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:06 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
Ok, apologies for the incredibly long wait, but I have eventually got round to posting back.
To rip your own discs and compress them to .z, read this topic, starting at the point titled "Creating CD image file with SlySoft CloneCD". Then read the second post of the same topic. I'm going to make a video demonstrating using CloneCD and PocketISO, which I'll link to from that same post.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]