Can't load savestates, please help!

ThickG
Primary Device: Atrix
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Can't load savestates, please help!

Postby ThickG » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Recently, I had to do a factory reset on my Moto Atrix which caused me to re-install FPSE and now I find that I can't load any of my old save states. I keep them on the external SD card, so they shouldn't have been affected by the reset, however, I can't figure out why they won't load. I can see them in my load menu, though, if I try to load one, FPSE closes and just goes back to my homescreen (no error message). If I create a new save state, I can load it. This is actually the second time that FPSE has done this to me (I hadn't re-installed last time), however, previously it started working again and I can't figure out how I got it working again.

So, does anyone have any advice how to be able to load my old save states? If not, does anyone have any advice on how to avoid this in the future (in case I need to do another factory reset)? I love FPSE but I have several hours in several games on those save states and I would hate to have to start over. :(

So, I've been messing around with this and I found that I can load one of the savestates that I created before I hard reset, so I don't think the reset corrupted my savestates. Could it be that the ROM has been corrupted? Has anyone encountered this before?

suavethekid
Primary Device: Galaxy note 2, Motorola Xoom
ROM: Blazer rom, Tiamat

Re: Can't load savestates, please help!

Postby suavethekid » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:30 pm

I would highly highly highly recommend against saving with savestates and expecting to close fpse and come back in and load savestate. Dont get me wrong it works most of the time but savestates can very easily get corrupted, if you try to reload one and you had frameskip or some other setting on that you dont know it wont load and so on. Always save to memory card if your going to stop playing savestates are mainly for if your going to reload the savestate without closing fpse. Its just safer that way.

ThickG
Primary Device: Atrix
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Re: Can't load savestates, please help!

Postby ThickG » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:27 pm

Thanks for the reply, Suave! Fair enough point regarding savestates and their instability. I do know that they had worked at some point as I had reused them and have seen this before. To add to the mystery is the fact that I've noticed whenever I can't load a savestate, the sound for the game I'm trying to load won't work as well. There just seems to be some general weird things going on with FPSE at some points and I'm just curious if it has something to do with my system config.

Also, when setting the Memory card path, should it be listed? All I see under "Memory Card 1" slot1.mcd. Is this typical? I had used the memory card before I hard reset and I can't find those either....

Thanks again for any input!

Return to “General Discussion”