Help with Save State Snafu

tgizlle
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: xperia play
Operating System: android

Help with Save State Snafu

Postby tgizlle » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:59 am

Ok I am in some need of help... I have been using 0.10.18 on my HTC thunderbolt for a few months and have been playing final fantasy 9. I am about halfway thru the 3rd disk. Today my Xperia Play came in and I was really looking forward to gaming on this. So I was trying to transfer my save state to that..... I tried changing it and saving it. I finally realized how to change the location of the save state. But I changed it when I was not playing the game. So now when I try to load data, it says I have no data for either memory card nor savestate. I finally found that the default setting was in /data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files/memcards if I am not mistaken....but my thunderbolt is not rooted and from what I understand....to root my thunderbolt would wipe out everything so I would lose the savestate and memory card......

So basically what Im getting at is that I need access to the save states to move them over to the Xperia Play. Can someone walk me thru please? I have put hours into this game and dont want to lose it all.

Fuego
Primary Device: Xperia Play 4G (on T-Mobile)
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: Stock

Re: Help with Save State Snafu

Postby Fuego » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:43 am

This really doesn't address the problem, but it would be nice if there was a way to set the path for the in game saves like there is for the save states, all without having to root your phone.

Fuego

Postby Fuego » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:19 am

Thanks Cloud.

I am still having problems, I think. At least it is not showing the new path that I selected. I followed the following steps:
1) Start game
2) Menu->Settings->System->Memory Card 1
3) Navigated to SD card directory
4) Hit Back on my phone.

The Memory Card 1 still just showed slot1.mcd, instead of what I expected of /sdcard/ROMs/PS1/slot1.mcd

You had mentioned something about actually putting a save (or two) in the new location. Does FPSE not automatically create one when saving in game if none exists? If not, how do I get FPSE (or some other way) to make one?

Fuego

Postby Fuego » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:28 am

That worked great Clould! I just copied the save cards from psx4droid and renamed them. Lo and behold, I updated the mem card path and it showed. It is not the most intuitive that you need to add the mem cards manually, but once you know, it is a piece of cake. Thanks!

Fuego

Postby Fuego » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:57 pm

I guess I would need more memory cards in case I fill one up, right? On that thought, if I wanted to have a different memory card (or two) for each game I play, could I name the memory cards something other than slot1.mcd and slot2.mcd as long as I had the path pointing to the correct card? Ie, FFTactics1.mcd and FFTactics2.mcd, or something like that.

Return to “General Discussion”