Fpse for Android News

gatwon
Primary Device: Milestone2/Xperia Play@1024GHz
Operating System: Android 2.2/2.3.3

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby gatwon » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:31 pm

schtruck wrote:The Next version is ready, but there is a big question!

New version will include many fixes, GTE acceleration mode faster, Fixed somes last 3D polygons problems using Enhanced 3D rendering option, Disc Swap is fixed too for Multi CD games, Full IcontrolPad support which is very well, even Analog sticks!

I even added Full Pbp support!, Audio tracks are supported and played! BUT! there is a big question as i said, we are wondering if releasing Eboot support will not sign the end of FPse on android market, because Eboot which is an enhanced Disc image format for PSP would be protected by a copyright (i searched but found nothing myself) , and implementing it into a software on android market won't definitively close our account... What people think about this?

@schtruck
I do not understand it, the new version is already on the market or not?

suavethekid
Primary Device: Galaxy note 2, Motorola Xoom
ROM: Blazer rom, Tiamat

Postby suavethekid » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:54 pm

[quote="Wishmaster"]Schtruck after adding support for icontrolpad do you plan on adding support for USB gamepads for honeycomb? Will there be a dedicated version of fpse with some tablet specific options?
Would be fun to play PSone games with PS USB gamepad :D

You might want to look up something called the phonejoy. There is a post about it under general discussion gamepads. I have one it looks just like a ps one controller works awesome.

@gatwon- not on the market yet I hope today, eboots would be nice, but with disk skip better gte which means possibilty tony hawk 2 works and inctrolpad for ape escape im more excited than ever

gatwon
Primary Device: Milestone2/Xperia Play@1024GHz
Operating System: Android 2.2/2.3.3

Postby gatwon » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:12 pm

suavethekid wrote:
Wishmaster wrote:Schtruck after adding support for icontrolpad do you plan on adding support for USB gamepads for honeycomb? Will there be a dedicated version of fpse with some tablet specific options?
Would be fun to play PSone games with PS USB gamepad :D

You might want to look up something called the phonejoy. There is a post about it under general discussion gamepads. I have one it looks just like a ps one controller works awesome.

@gatwon- not on the market yet I hope today, eboots would be nice, but with disk skip better gte which means possibilty tony hawk 2 works and inctrolpad for ape escape im more excited than ever

thanks man, i hope the new version too, gracias!

Krislawl
Primary Device: Motorola Droid

Postby Krislawl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:18 pm

after this update the only thing I would want is xperia play optimized controls.

rconnor33
Primary Device: Xperia PLAY
Operating System: Android 2.3.2
ROM: Stock

Postby rconnor33 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Krislawl wrote:after this update the only thing I would want is xperia play optimized controls.

In what way? I'm already able to use my Play like a normal PS1 by mapping the controls.

Krislawl
Primary Device: Motorola Droid

Postby Krislawl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:30 pm

rconnor33 wrote:
Krislawl wrote:after this update the only thing I would want is xperia play optimized controls.

In what way? I'm already able to use my Play like a normal PS1 by mapping the controls.

i meant if the touch pad analog sticks on the xperia play could be used.

Wishmaster
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Z
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: 10.3.1.A.0.244

Postby Wishmaster » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:53 pm

suavethekid wrote:You might want to look up something called the phonejoy. There is a post about it under general discussion gamepads. I have one it looks just like a ps one controller works awesome.

Already heard about it, it's good to finally see someone who thought about this. I was thinking about doing it myself but lack of time and resources made me abandon the idea. But it's not what I wan't.
USB gamepad with proper system support(like in HC 3.1) gives us analog sticks support and doesn't drain the battery so much, besides it can be used in other games that are coded to work with gamepads(like in xperia play) and I don't think this one does it.
i900frenchaddict wrote:Selling a dual core with only one working? lol
no !
it's just that the 2nd core starts to run only when it's needed, thus saving a lot of battery, when Tegra dual cores are not asynchrone, so both cores always run.
But for the moment, most of the apps don't ask the 2nd core to wake up....

I know how snapdragon works, and what to expect from it. It is possible that HTC modified only few system applications to take full advantage of the second core(like the web browser) cause we all know that proper dual core support like in honeycomb will come with Ice Cream Sandwich.
If the application doesn't wake the second core it means that it is not needed or there is something wrong with the way the two cores are working with the OS.
LG and Samsung didn't have to do a workaround, their dual core CPU is seen as a single one by the apps.

That's precisely what I meant by workaround ;)
I'm almost certain Fpse uses just one core, I would need more feedback to be sure.

It is possible that fpse is not fully optimized for two cores and considering what you said about other dual-core cpu's seen as one cpu it makes sense. With proper dual core support allowing to split the job between the two(one core for general work, second only for audio engine - both using NEON to improve speed) it could really fly higher than ever.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi all let me clear something up
regarding dualcore.

Yes fpse,n64oid and all other android emulators
Run only on single core devices.

Its the same with PC emulators
All single core.
It is impossible or to much work to optimize emulation
on dualcore.
its the phone device software that the problem
Don't thing developers can optimize for this.

Dualcore only takes strain off the primary core if needed.
its only a multiplyer afterwards.
On a different topic.
emulators running on opengl instead of CPU power
Should give better results.
Cos it takes less strain of CPU instead using gpu power instead
But that in mind a good gpu device is needed
To run emulation at proper fps.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Postby D69K » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:23 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:No, I don't, what did you say?

When both cores are running the Sensation is soooo smooth (web browsing is better than on an Atrix ou LG 2X, I've tried all of them for this particular point of web browsing using a lot of flash on the page, or streaming videos, etc)
But Sensations owners will have to wait until apps and games are coded to use its both cores and not just one....

lol :) :lol:
I posted this on 28th MARCH and i was almost sure that this what would happen
ill just quote what i said here.

D69K wrote:Yes i totally agree with you, but the question here is :
would Fpse support dual core with it's full potential ??

the reason why i asked this is because i remember when i was using PCSX2 PS2 emulator,
there was a discussion about performance gain from newer hardware.
and one of the devs said that the performance would be the same between Core 2 Due, Quad Core, and Quad Core i7 !!
and the reason is that the emulator (PCSX2) doesn't support more then 2 cores.
he even said that if you have a Core 2 Duo (2 cores 2 threads) clocked at 2.5 Ghz for example and another Quad Core i7 (4 cores 8 threads) clocked at 2.0 Ghz the emulator would perform better with the Core 2 Duo.

Again this only implies to PCSX2 since they didn't add support for newer hardware and maybe I'm wrong here

so what im asking here is. is Fpse able to handle dual core processors or do Schturck have to change some of his code to add support of dual core ??
only Schtruck can answer this question i guess :)
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

Fuego
Primary Device: Xperia Play 4G (on T-Mobile)
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: Stock

Postby Fuego » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:34 am

Schtruck,

For now, I think you should release the update with everything except eboot. I know it stinks for those who have been looking forward to it, but there is a lot of paranoia going around. I think the problem arises from two different emulator devs have had their emulators removed and we haven't been told an official reason why.

I don't know the code, but I would assume that the eboot and other updates are pretty separate parts of the code.

In any case, I don't want anything to happen to one of my favorite apps and one of the main reasons I love my android phone.

Whether you decide to go plugin or include it naturally, it would be nice if there was some sort of warm fuzzies about the eboot before proceeding.

Return to “News”