Final Fantasy VII

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
Arkhaine
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC EVO Shift
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Re: Final Fantasy VII

Postby Arkhaine » Sat May 07, 2011 3:17 am

Sorry to post this again, but I posted this in a different topic by accident. Has anyone found a way to run this smoothly with Screen Filtering enabled? It's annoying having to play with it looking like a 3-D Super Nintendo game (it honestly reminds me of how Starfox looks). If frameskip didn't mess up targeting in battle I think it would be fine, or maybe not so since sometimes with frameskip enabled it seemed to run at ~120Fps. Any word on if this will be addressed any time soon? Also I am not really having too many sound issues as have been discussed earlier in this thread, however the "ching" sound that is made in menu's like at the main menu is messed up. And some battle sounds seem to be wrong. The sounds were fine when I played on psx4droid so I know it's not the image or anything. Should I try modifying the files mentioned within the first few posts? Thanks for any input.

eerongal
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Viewsonic G Tablet
ROM: Cyanogen Mod 7

Postby eerongal » Thu May 12, 2011 3:38 am

Hi, all!

I just purchased and downloaded FPSE on my viewsonic G tablet (android) and tried running final fantasy 7. The game loads fine and everything, and then when i get to the title screen and select "new game" the screen kinda shimmies like its resizing, and then stays a completely black screen (on screen gamepad is still there, though). I tried searching on the forums here, and in google, and on android specific sites but I can't seem to find anyone who has had and/or resolved this issue, so I don't know what I have wrong. I've been playing with the settings as much as possible, but nothing seems to have any effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks! :)

k3Ck
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Motorola ATRIX 4G

Postby k3Ck » Fri May 13, 2011 4:49 am

mastanobu wrote:You can try changing LastSPU=0peopspu109.dll to LastSPU=peopspu109.dll

If that change helps a little, then try changing SPUIRQWait=0 to SPUIRQWait=1 and see if that helps too.

How do I do this?

minitune
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Droid X

Postby minitune » Wed May 25, 2011 6:27 am

Can anyone tell me how I should set the system in the fpse settings menu? Should I just leave it be or make changes like turning off Mdec Acceleration or HLE mode?

Lamensis
Primary Device: HTC Desire HD
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: LeeDroid HD v5.1.1

Postby Lamensis » Wed May 25, 2011 4:43 pm

hi, HLE _has_ to be off,thats only for ppl that dont have a bios,boost mode off, rest on. spusync in sounds has to be on.
Framelimiter on,no frameskip, thats what i have set.

basseMaG
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Flipout
ROM: Eclair

Postby basseMaG » Wed May 25, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi!

I have problem with this game. When i have start i see only movie. Movie is end and begin, end and begin, end and begin... Zero reaction about start or select or x, triangle etc. This is a original rip, i don't use pocketIso. Bios is recomended 1001.bin

My phone:
Motorola MB511 Flipout @ 1GHz
Android 2.1 Eclair ROOT

Tekken 3 and Metal Gear Solid works great.

Screenshot:

Ideas?

minitune
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Droid X

Postby minitune » Thu May 26, 2011 11:28 am

FINALLY! I got it to work. The game slows down a little during battles and cut scenes, but it's fine in all other aspects.
Here are the specifics.

Droid X w/ android 2.2.1

The original .iso of the file.

bios scph1001.bin (this actually needs to be set after the game starts and than reset the game)
Mdec off
Gte off
Fast booting on
HLE off
Boost off

Spu Sync off

Framelimiter on
no frameskip
Screen filtering off
sharp overlay off

I'm going to try to speed the game up by fiddling with the options, but as of now this works just fine.

You could try setting the battle to fixed camera angels. It's in the menu (FF7 menu, not fpse settings menu) under config.

Lamensis
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: LeeDroid HD v5.1.1

Postby Lamensis » Thu May 26, 2011 12:27 pm

all the settings have to be saved as default after launching one game, so you can set them for every game.
I'm using *.img (not the original img from the cd, the clone cd version), I "organized" it since i wanted to play FF7 in english (but my original img's are made with Clone CD 8 years ago or so).
As far as i remember, SPU Sync has to be On for FF games to have propper sound (or any sound at all).
I didnt experiment with that overlay sharpening cause it has the side info of crashing on some devices and i think FF7 is working good for me atm (never fix a running system ;) )

Basse: the correct Button to push to skip the second Intro would be X , did you try only in Landscape mode or also in normal? I think i read somewhere that some ppl had problems with not working buttons in landscape.

DHD wrote:Im running FFVII on my xperia play running FPse 0.10.41, The game runs great but the sound is kinda messed up, its hard to discribe but it just isnt quite right, all the notes are like muted or something. Any one else found this / any advice ???

SPU Sync is On? My sound was like this when i had it turned off

basseMaG
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Flipout
ROM: Eclair

Postby basseMaG » Thu May 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Not work. Zero reaction. Buttons physical and touch works great, because i dont have problem other title's.

mateo_
Fresh Fish
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: Cyanogen Mod 7.0.3

Postby mateo_ » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:54 am

Hi there,

I have some sound issue with final fantasy 7 (pal). I run fpse (last version from market) on a HTC Desire HD with cyanogen mod 7.0.3. Game runs at 50 fps (full speed for pal)
I tried 2 bios: scph1001 and scph7502.
When spu sync is off (IRQWait = 1 or 0):
- sound is weird: missing instruments, cuted notes.
When spu sync is on:
- no sound even if irqwait is set to 1.

The spu plugin from fpse.ini is LastSPU=spunull.dll

Crash bandicoot's sound is fine with spu sync on.

The only way to get proper sound in my case is to run final fantasy 7 in hle mode. Is there any fixes to get proper sound in bios mode ?

Return to “Game-Specific Help”