Controllers for Android version

suavethekid
Primary Device: Galaxy note 2, Motorola Xoom
ROM: Blazer rom, Tiamat

Re: Controllers for Android version

Postby suavethekid » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Hey zarathustrax I talked to schtruck about icontrolpad support, he emailed the incontrolpad guys and they never got back to him. I also emailed the creator of icontrolpad and didnt get any response. I want to get some feedback because that ps1 controller isnt perfect it gets stuck in a direction somewhat often Im using bluez-ime I know gamepro supports the control pad but id like to find out its reliability. I want to find a pad that is as good as my epic with a gamegripper havent found one yet.

zarathustrax
Primary Device: HD2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: stock

Postby zarathustrax » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:03 am

suavethekid wrote:Hey zarathustrax I talked to schtruck about icontrolpad support, he emailed the incontrolpad guys and they never got back to him. I also emailed the creator of icontrolpad and didnt get any response. I want to get some feedback because that ps1 controller isnt perfect it gets stuck in a direction somewhat often Im using bluez-ime I know gamepro supports the control pad but id like to find out its reliability. I want to find a pad that is as good as my epic with a gamegripper havent found one yet.

Do you know what e-mail he sent a message to? The best thing for him to do would be to send a pm to craigix on the icontrolpad forums... or even start a topic there. Craigix is active on the forums and he's the main guy. Schtruck should have no problem getting a free icontrolpad sent to him. I already made the forums there aware of FPSe and they even added it to their wiki, with a link to these forums. I know craigix and everyone there has been really busy the last 2 months since the iControlPad was finished and released, so if you e-mailed their customer service e-mail in the last 2 months, it may not have been forwarded to craigix, but they have finally caught up on shipping all the orders a couple weeks ago, and things should be calming down for them by now.

I had pm-ed schtruck a month or so ago and told him to get a hold of craigix, but I never heard back from him, so I'm not sure if he saw my pm. I could contact craigix and get his personal e-mail or give him an e-mail to get a hold of schtruck... but it would might be easier and more direct for schtruck to sign up at the icontrolpad forums and pm craigix. I'm sure he would send him a free icontrolpad right away to help schtruck add support. I'll do anything I can to help get support in my favorite emulator.

Are you talking about the Icontrolpad that gets stuck in one direction? Or the other PS1 controller someone was offering? If it's the icontrolpad, I know they made some fixes to the directional pad in the 2nd batch, and they can send you a new rubber membrane to put in it if you have any problems. If you're talking about the PSX controller that uses the bluetooth keyboard module, that's a problem I've heard of with using the keyboard profile in controllers.

Do you have the iControlPad? I'm hopefully getting mine any day now. The fact that it can use multiple bluetooth profiles and has upgradeable firmware, it seems like the perfect bluetooth gamepad.... it'll work on anything bluetooth in the future and any issues or changes can be made to the firmware. There will probably eventually be different firmwares made for use on different kinds of phones or devices. Plus it charges your phone while you use it, essentially doubling most phones batteries.

Oh yeah, the forum for the iControlPad is here: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php ... ontrolpad/

suavethekid

Postby suavethekid » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:20 pm

Hey, I was talking about the psx controller or "phonejoy" that sticks in one direction. I do not have the icontrolpad. But I discovered a bug in the bluez-ime software with phonejoy thats causing the buttons to stick devs already at work fixing ill keep yall posted, I think im prolly going to buy a icontrolpad too on the 2nd when i get paid.

followtheflow
Primary Device: Nook Color
ROM: CM7

Postby followtheflow » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:53 am

yeah I am sorry I hadn't discovered this myself any earlier. Kenneth, the developer of Bluez-IME just sent me this:
It is likely that it is a problem with Bluez-IME, I fixed a similar problem with Zeemote a few weeks ago.
I will try to put up a debug build that will tell me what data is received and if/where the missing keypress occurs. Stay tuned ... :)

So I hope there will be a fix soon.

zarathustrax

Postby zarathustrax » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:58 am

I just got my iControlPad in the mail today finally! I'm so excited. It's really nice and feels very solid and well-built. The analog controls are awesome feeling... they don't stick out much... I'm not sure how to describe it, but they are great. I love the way they feel. Much better than a touchpad like the xperia play uses.
I'm going to have to do a little dremeling on the clamps to make my HD2 fit perfectly since they only have one size clamp so far, but it'll be easy enough to grind a little more space. I'm going to update the firmware tonight and get every set up. I'm going to do a full review with picture this weekend and post it at xda-developers. I'll post the link to the review once I finish.

Also, I ordered a spare iControlPad since it was going to cost me $25 to ship either 1 or 2 sets, and they mistakingly sent me 2 extra pairs of clamps for free. So I'm looking for someone in the US who wants to buy my spare iControlPad. I'm going to charge $100, which include priority mail shipping and a spare set of clamps. If you order an iControlPad from the manufacturer, it costs $100 with the cheapest shipping to the US, which takes 3 weeks, and a spare set of clamps costs an extra $15. I'm not making money off this, it's just covering about 70% of the shipping costs I paid, and whoever buys it will get a brand new iControlpad for the same price they'd pay ordering it from the website, but getting an extra set of clamps for free and getting in 3 days instead of 3 weeks, so it's not a bad deal for someone in the US who was planning on ordering it anyways. I have one person I'm offering it to first, but last I heard from him, I don't think he was ready to buy it. So if anyone else in the US is interested, contact me here or at xda (same name) and you'll get it if the 1st guy doesn't take them.
(The spare set of clamps would be handy if you mod a set to use with a certain phone, and then you have another set to use on other phones or save to mod for future phone. Or to cut off top part that holds phone on one set for when you use the gamepad with computer or tablet and don't want to clamp it to something, you can use bottom part to cover the knobs on the side of gamepad that clamps attach to.)
I'll be posting a link to my review in this thread in the next couple days. But I have to say, even though these gamepads are expensive, their build quality, features, and versatility with the upgradeable firmware and multiple bluetooth profiles makes this gamepad a better value than any other gamepad I've seen.
I'll probably be using this on my next 5-10 phones, atleast.... I may have to replace the lithium battery once or twice in that time (probably every 3-5years), and maybe the rubber membrane if it wears out, but the great thing about the manufacturer is that I think I read that they will be offering those parts down the road, along with different size clamps, and I just read on the forums that there's even a hole on the back of the gamepad where a springloaded clamp is meant to be attached, so I bet those will be offered eventually, too.

suavethekid

Postby suavethekid » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:01 pm

Hey ill buy that icontrolpad from you!

followtheflow
Primary Device: Nook Color
ROM: CM7

Postby followtheflow » Sat May 07, 2011 2:27 pm

For all those that are interested I am about to receive twenty new gamepads on Monday or Tuesday. I created a small website at http://phonejoy.weebly.com with all the information about the gamepad.

Kenneth the developer of Bluez-IME is still working on a fix for the sticky button issue, you can follow the issue at http://code.google.com/p/android-bluez- ... tail?id=35 .

suavethekid

Postby suavethekid » Mon May 09, 2011 6:08 pm

UPDATE- the sticky key issue has been completely fixed, kenneth sent me an beta test of the fix and it works absolutely perfect. I highly recommed this gamepad it works like a dream.

zarathustrax

Postby zarathustrax » Thu May 12, 2011 10:29 pm

I just learned that the newest version of Bluez-IME has full support for the iControlPad too, even allowing the analog controls to work with all the emulators! The developer Kenneth had been sent a free iControlPad for development.... I'm going to try sending the iCP people a message to try and get them in contact with schtruck so he can get himself a free iControlPad for development.

I'm going to try to get mine set-up tonight and test with FPSe, see if analog controls properly work.

Suavethekid.... when you test out your iCP, try it out with the Bluez-IME drivers and see how it works.

suavethekid

Postby suavethekid » Fri May 13, 2011 4:25 am

Icp doesn't work for me at all on epic 4g. When I go to work tomorow ill test on other models bluez does not work with icp right now on my model. More info tomorrow

Return to “General Discussion”