FF9 Corrupt save with in game save (even with BIOS)

jmd87
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: LG Optimus 2X

FF9 Corrupt save with in game save (even with BIOS)

Postby jmd87 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:47 am

Hi,

I'm having trouble saving in Final Fantasy 9. I get to the first mog save then go back to play and go to save again and all my game saves are corrupt. I have also tried the savestate and that does the same to. It saves and if i try to load it it goes straight back to the phone screen.

I have tried the BIOS SHB10001 (think thats the name) and its the same problem! I also have no sound in CGI screnes

Thanks alot
joe

jmd87
Fresh Fish

Re: FF9 Corrupt save with in game save (even with BIOS)

Postby jmd87 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:48 am

Also do you think it could the the FF9 disc version I'm using? can anyone recommend a good version for me to use please?

Thanks alot
Joe

MrTheKLine
Primary Device: Dell Streak
Operating System: Null
ROM: StreakDROID 1.9.0

Postby MrTheKLine » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:58 pm

For the fmv no sound problem go into audio settings and enable spu sync.
The verson of Final Fantasy IX im useing works fine its a PAL verson of the game so.

There is a couple of things you can try, if you loaded a bios make sure you disable HLE Mode and save that as the default config ( make sure when you load ff9 that it hasent loaded it own settings by going back into the settings page and checking everything is set right )

If that doesnt work try backing up the memory cards and uninstalling the app then reinstalling. I know this sound tedius but its fixed 90% of problems i have had.

I don't know where the memory cards are stored ( on the sd card or internaly ) so you might have to be rooted.
Dell Streak @ 1.5 Ghz
Running
StreakDroid 1.9.0 - Rooted - Unlocked

jmd87
Fresh Fish

Postby jmd87 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi,

I have checked HLE it its off as you suggested. I will try my PAL disc instead.If this helps both Final fantasy 7 and 8 save fine but not FF9 and chrono cross

Thanks alot
Joe

Return to “General Discussion”