Many problems on Xperia Play.

Qured
Primary Device: Xperia PLAY

Many problems on Xperia Play.

Postby Qured » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:21 pm

Well I don't really know how to start here. The app is simply not working on my brand new Xperia Play.

So I've made a .bin of Tekken 3 and transfered it to my phone. The .bin is showing up when i search for it, however the app goes bananas when trying to load it. It starts flickering and suggest that i load the BIOS. So I found the default (?) BIOS-file and have it loaded according to the System tab. Still the same flickering and suggestion to load it shows up when trying again. Also, there's a 50-50% chance the app crashes here. If I try to go back to the menu after the flickerings starts the app will also crash, but won't shut down for quite a while.

I've seen some reports that Tekken 3 should work but it might have to do with the file I guess.

Is it this unstable or am I doing something wrong somewhere? I'm totally new to Android-phones so I guess I'm doing something I shouldn't, or forgetting something.

Any suggestions or input appreciated!

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Re: Many problems on Xperia Play.

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:37 pm

You SHOULD have accquired and transferred to your phone a PS BIOS. Most people use SCPH1001. Then go into settings/system and set your BIOS. Disable HLE. Save settings as default. Now try to load a game.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

Qured

Postby Qured » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Yeah that's what i meant with I've found and loaded the default BIOS (SCPH1001). Sorry if I was unclear :)

The problem is that the process still dies when trying to load a game. HLE is disabled, and the settings are saved as default. The app still crashes when trying, saying something like "The process terminated unexpectedly."

Gonna try with another game and/or another BIOS when I get home from work. FPse also just updated itself, so I hope my problem might have been worked out!

Posting again when I've tried some more!

Qured

Postby Qured » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:46 pm

Got it to work! Seems there was some problem with my BIOSfile. Tried another and it worked. Had another problem with a screen showing up saying my license check failed, but a reinstallation fixed that.

However now I want to remap the buttons. It works great until I want to make the "X" button on my phone work as the actual X button in the emulator.

This doesn't work since the emulator won't accept the Xbutton on the pad as a valid selection, probably because the X is used as a selectbutton as a global function on the phone. This causes the remapping to just go back to the !Press a key! if you press X as X. Could there be any way to work around this?

abusabian
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play

Postby abusabian » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:53 pm

yes, pleeeease fix the X-button problem asap. the xperia play experience isnt complete without fpse! =)

thanx in advance!

Firehawk

Postby Firehawk » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:45 pm

I have a xperia play to, and it works.
All you have to do is, touch the screen for button remap and then press the button you would like it to have.

I hope there comes compatibelity with the analog sticks of the play for the games.

Qured

Postby Qured » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:42 am

Thanks ALOT Firehawk. Thought I tested that but obviously I didn't. :oops:

Works flawlessy now, and I can play Tekken 3 with around 50fps. Awesome!

abusabian
Fresh Fish

Postby abusabian » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:30 pm

far out! thanx, bro!

yeah, the analogs would truly be awesome.

LearnDriver
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: SE Xperia Play

Postby LearnDriver » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:19 pm

I've been playing MGS1 on my Play, everything worked perfect so far, running smooth at 60fps , but now I'm having a problem with Psycho Mantis where you need to plug your controller in the 2nd game port.

So I did 2 things, for the virtual on-screen gamepad I switched it to gamepad 2 and I mapped all the hardware buttons to the one meant for gamepad 2.
The onscreen gamepad works fine, but the mapped hardware buttons not so much. When I press a button it recognizes the keydown event, but doesn't regocnize a keyup event. So the button will remain pressed.

Ofcourse I can play with the onscreen buttons, but I have already noticed I suck at doing so as the real buttons are quite usefull!

I hope this is some sort of setting I'm missing? Also, if needed I'm willing to send my savegames if that can help.

trev186
Primary Device: Nexus One

Postby trev186 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:36 pm

One option is:

Die and continue 3 times (I believe) and then after the third time you have the option of breaking the statues in Psycho Mantis' room and then proceeding to kill him the normal way.

I have not done that strat in a LONG time so I may be missing a few details but gamefaqs can help

Return to “Sony-Ericsson Xperia PLAY”