Fpse for Android News

Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku
Primary Device: t8585

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:30 pm

It's funny how you can assign your wired Headset controls to fpse4android.
If schtruck could fix the latency it would make a nice concept for a new kind of 3.5-jack gamepad.
I'll call it HeadPad. :)
tatsumaki's corner
Minds are like parachutes, they both work best when open.

Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku
Primary Device: t8585

Postby Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:05 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:Would it handle two simultaneous pressed keys?

Nope. HeadPad is sooo yesterday anyway...
tatsumaki's corner
Minds are like parachutes, they both work best when open.

artlan
Primary Device: HTC EVO 4G
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
ROM: Fresh Rom

Postby artlan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku wrote:It's funny how you can assign your wired Headset controls to fpse4android.
If schtruck could fix the latency it would make a nice concept for a new kind of 3.5-jack gamepad.
I'll call it HeadPad. :)

"HeadPad - Now THAT'S using your head!" (c)Tatsumaki Industries 2011

Primary Device: ZTE Blade

Postby 90180360 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:45 pm

@Music4Lynx: I really don't like your attitude, but you might want to check this out...

Vooder
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: lg GT 540

Postby Vooder » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:56 pm

And a big red first sentence :
"I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT THIS ROM HAS CAUSED. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK."
plus problems with warranty are not for everyone, you must know that, esspecially with new phones.

I agreed with fact, that adding 2.1 support is more important than bt pads, and its more profitable for producer, its just a big growth of customers.

In fact, author ignores all posts about 2.1 version, giving no clearly respond.

Shru, can you tell us , will be the 2.1 version ? It's a big part of android society now.

Primary Device: ZTE Blade

Postby 90180360 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:09 pm

schtruck wrote:thankfully, i received my zeemote today too, and i started to implement it using Zeemote SDK...

it start to work, and i must it's a very good device, not as you are describing? very good quality and work very well.

i'll finish to implement it this evening then will release an update... i've played Crash Bandicoot, and it's very good.

The analog stick doesn't get stuck when you pull it towards D button?
And if I put middle finger on C and index finger on A/B, my hand hurts before I finish the first level...
The C button should not be hidden, then you could press it with other parts of the finger, not just the tip.
Anyway, if you like the Zeemote you will LOVE the Datel Retro Wireless Classic Controller :D (my offer still stands).

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:00 pm

Vooder wrote:And a big red first sentence :
"I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT THIS ROM HAS CAUSED. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK."
plus problems with warranty are not for everyone, you must know that, esspecially with new phones.

I agreed with fact, that adding 2.1 support is more important than bt pads, and its more profitable for producer, its just a big growth of customers.

Shru, can you tell us , will be the 2.1 version ? It's a big part of android society now.

I'm going to answer this one again, because I like this thread, and am tired of seeing this here. I'm not going out and finding the link to schtruck's post on xda again, you can search yourself if you're interested. Simple explanation is this: fpse currently relies on some API functions that are ONLY present in 2.2 and up (libjnigraphics). Changing that is going to require a major rewrite of some fairly important code, and I've no doubt that it will be a major undertaking on schrtuck's part. It's not the kind of thing he can just hack out one afternoon and post on the market.

So, schtruck, like any dev, has a choice to make. He can either spend a great deal of time backporting the code to work on 2.1 (and even then, it's not that simple. The new code could require significant optimizations, might slow the emu down for existing users) to get some new customers, or he can focus on the many small, comparatively quick and easy fixes that need to be implemented for the existing user base first, then possibly worry about backporting. Me personally, I'd rather have fpse working perfectly and looking (even more) amazing on the currently supported versions of Android before worrying about porting it back to an old version.

@music4lynx - Don't be an ass. No one owes you an emulator. If you don't like waiting, can't or won't upgrade your phone, and just want to bitch, go buy psx4droid. It works on 2.1. And who knows, maybe it will see another update sometime this year.

Edit: So I lied, here's the post: http://www.androidemus.com/showthread.p ... 57#post757
and it's from androidemus, not xda as I originally thought.

max3000

Postby max3000 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:05 pm

My reasoning is that phones that still run 2.1 and don't have any 2.2 ROM from XDA are just not powerful enough to run the emulator anyway. (Unless you've bough an xperia X10 if so, I feel bad for you).

BTW, the official 2.2 update for the Milestone is out. Rejoice!

P.S I'm still waiting for a response from schtruck about the final fantasy menu slowdown issue.

Music4Lynx
Primary Device: Huawei u8110

Postby Music4Lynx » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:00 pm

LouCipher wrote:
Vooder wrote:And a big red first sentence :

I'm going to answer this one again, because I like this thread, and am tired of seeing this here. I'm not going out and finding the link to schtruck's post on xda again, you can search yourself if you're interested. Simple explanation is this: fpse currently relies on some API functions that are ONLY present in 2.2 and up (libjnigraphics). Changing that is going to require a major rewrite of some fairly important code, and I've no doubt that it will be a major undertaking on schrtuck's part. It's not the kind of thing he can just hack out one afternoon and post on the market.

So, schtruck, like any dev, has a choice to make. He can either spend a great deal of time backporting the code to work on 2.1 (and even then, it's not that simple. The new code could require significant optimizations, might slow the emu down for existing users) to get some new customers, or he can focus on the many small, comparatively quick and easy fixes that need to be implemented for the existing user base first, then possibly worry about backporting. Me personally, I'd rather have fpse working perfectly and looking (even more) amazing on the currently supported versions of Android before worrying about porting it back to an old version.

@music4lynx - Don't be an ass. No one owes you an emulator. If you don't like waiting, can't or won't upgrade your phone, and just want to bitch, go buy psx4droid. It works on 2.1. And who knows, maybe it will see another update sometime this year.

Edit: So I lied, here's the post: http://www.androidemus.com/showthread.p ... 57#post757
and it's from androidemus, not xda as I originally thought.

I'm Sorry at everyone.
I just wanted to express my opinion, just that.
Nobody owes me an emulator, but like everyone else, I bring a point of view.

Thanks.

Sorry for my english, maybe I expressed wrong, don't know.

v--t
Primary Device: desire nd
Operating System: Windows xp

Postby v--t » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Better instead of стиков or analogs, worked over other improvements. For example over FPS, a sound, a drawing, productivity and so limps. When already OpenGL will build in? At first it is better OpenGL to make, and different verses then.

Return to “News”