Fpse for Android News

CasperX
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby CasperX » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:04 pm

How do I actually make a game save on memory card?

I played Tales of Destiny and did a save, but on the next login there isn't any game saves!

max3000

Postby max3000 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:46 pm

And the FFIX menu slowdown bug is still unaddressed...

rincewind
Primary Device: droid x
Operating System: none
ROM: stock

Postby rincewind » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:30 pm

SO I'M NOT IN THE MOOD TO RETYPE THE WHOLE DAMN THING, BUT MY ENEMY SELECT PROBLEM FROM IN FF7 IS STILL UNADDRESSED! PLEASE REFER TO PAGE 83 OF THIS THREAD...

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:31 pm

@Phaedrus Nine, your sticky key is really strange, just because i haven't modified this part... But what i can say is that a guy was complaining until yesterday about same problem and finally he wrote me he found the problem , it was related to a BAD Clearpad Driver version , once he changed rom, all went well..

There is surely something to do to avoid such behavior, tell me which Android version u use on you HD2, i'll try to reproduce and make a specific patch for this problem...
In the meantime you can try to change PADS position using the new checkbox to avoid autoalignement, it's perhaps related to this problem too...

But that's recall me another bug, on many Android 2.2 version, a function to convert Java string to C String was bugged and crashed FPse just because if the String contained a '%'.... you can understand it's very difficult to manage that, hopefully i was able to try it on my HD2 and after some debugging i found the pb and replaced the char '%' by the world 'percent'...

Another notice about people who complain about none working loadstate or savestate after FPse updates, be sure your game has still the BIOS set... perhaps after updating to newer version the CFG file is erased...

@Ricewind, your problem is just you are using Frameskip, and this function is sometime destructive for some games.... like object dissapearing or even full screen... like in menu of GT2.. i'll try to understand which function is skipped and then remove it from the list of skipped functions...

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi schtruck
Just been playing grand turismo 2.
And found a sticky key problem mate

It's square the breaks.
I was holding square down and x to rev the car and after
I release square to pull off.
The break light won't go off
:lol:

But taped square again and light went off.

Just letting you know mate.

Great work by the way on update.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

vnes1984
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Operating System: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby vnes1984 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:02 pm

I'm on a ARMv6 devise, with the last update, I couldn't see any speed improvement. I still have sticky keys after trying the auto-alignment.

SCHTRUCK- Did you port your input codes from FPSECE directly to Android code or did you have to rewrite? Like I mentioned before, I don't get sticky keys on the winmo version.

max3000

Postby max3000 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:04 pm

schtruck wrote:@Phaedrus Nine, your sticky key is really strange, just because i haven't modified this part... But what i can say is that a guy was complaining until yesterday about same problem and finally he wrote me he found the problem , it was related to a BAD Clearpad Driver version , once he changed rom, all went well..

There is surely something to do to avoid such behavior, tell me which Android version u use on you HD2, i'll try to reproduce and make a specific patch for this problem...
In the meantime you can try to change PADS position using the new checkbox to avoid autoalignement, it's perhaps related to this problem too...

But that's recall me another bug, on many Android 2.2 version, a function to convert Java string to C String was bugged and crashed FPse just because if the String contained a '%'.... you can understand it's very difficult to manage that, hopefully i was able to try it on my HD2 and after some debugging i found the pb and replaced the char '%' by the world 'percent'...

Another notice about people who complain about none working loadstate or savestate after FPse updates, be sure your game has still the BIOS set... perhaps after updating to newer version the CFG file is erased...

@Ricewind, your problem is just you are using Frameskip, and this function is sometime destructive for some games.... like object dissapearing or even full screen... like in menu of GT2.. i'll try to understand which function is skipped and then remove it from the list of skipped functions...

Would you also care to explain the FFIX menu slowdown issue and if it can be fixed?

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:28 pm

I900frenchaddict.

The bug is about 4 seconds into the game.
When u pass the first start line.
The game just stalls.

I'm using a bin,cue files I converted off my original
Pal game.

Just by knocking off them option. I said to do fixed
The bug.

Then knock them back on.
Restart game.

Then its sorted.

Hope that helps.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:38 pm

ok about sticky key i've just removed the part which managed the behavior of Clearpad2000 with bugged driver...

Things should work better now...

i will update market to a new version in less than 10mn.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:41 pm

Schtruck:
It's the same ROM I was using before, I will re-send the link.

I usually always do use the bottom left/top right configuration of buttons anyway, used to it from fpseCE. I have noticed a strange bug which didn't occur with fpseCE. If I press the top right of the screen, and the bottom left, for some reason it activates a button thats in the bottom right. Really strange. I'll see if I can video the bug.

The sticky keys only happen when i press more than one button at a time, but it's not every time. I was using the way of avoiding the auto-alignment at the time. Sorry it's not much help, it's difficult to explain. I think it happens when you press one button, then press another shortly after, then immediately release the first. The second key press sticks.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

Return to “News”