Fpse for Android News

Primary Device: ZTE Blade

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby 90180360 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:36 pm

What do you guys need Tegra for, the PlayStation 2 emulator? :P

Why not get an Xperia Play, it will be perfect for this emulator (and all other emulators out there).

max3000

Postby max3000 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:28 pm

90180360 wrote:What do you guys need Tegra for, the PlayStation 2 emulator? :P

Why not get an Xperia Play, it will be perfect for this emulator (and all other emulators out there).

Because it's coming out in a time where dual core phones are already available while offering a measly Snapdragon which is honestly outdated.
With a Tergra 2 we could emulate the PSX with AA and shaders while still keeping a solid 60FPS.

Also Dreamcast emulation :D

Primary Device: ZTE Blade

Postby 90180360 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:36 pm

max3000 wrote:With a Tergra 2 we could emulate the PSX with AA and shaders while still keeping a solid 60FPS.

Once they've rewritten the DMA and implemented OpenGL-ES I'll do this with my 600HMZ ARM11 with Andreno 200 :lol:
schtruck wrote:can you imagine Adreno 200 is 6,5 time faster than the GPU included into the Dreamcast...

;)

DrownedOne
Primary Device: Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S
ROM: Stock Froyo 2.2

Postby DrownedOne » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Quick question, I moved my save state files to another folder. Now when I try to load the save states, it doesn't show up. There's just an empty slow where it used to be. I redirected the save state path to where I moved the files to and saved the config. Can anyone help please?

mirnuj_atom
Primary Device: lg gt540

Postby mirnuj_atom » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:22 pm

Hey Guys.

Does anyone have problems with movies in Final Fantasy 8? They just do not play, It only shows a gray screen and plays music.
I've tried to enable/disable everything, both NTSC and PAL versions, It did played once but then it stopped again.

Thank you.

PS: Unfortunately it's not possible to search for "final fantasy" in this thread as it says
"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: fantasy."

Seveneyes
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire
Operating System: Android 2.2

Postby Seveneyes » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:48 pm

I'm having the problem of sticky keys, although it seems to be exclusively the x key that gets stuck for me... (ff8 and gta2)

I've so far prevented it sticking further by binding the x button to a physical button.

On HTC desire with default settings except sound sync (no frameskip or boost)

mirnuj_atom wrote:Hey Guys.

Does anyone have problems with movies in Final Fantasy 8? They just do not play, It only shows a gray screen and plays music.
I've tried to enable/disable everything, both NTSC and PAL versions, It did played once but then it stopped again.

Thank you.

This bug apparently happens when you've saved state before the first movie (when walking with quistis after leaving the hospital). If you run the game till that movie it should work fine from then!

I unfortunately messed this and the best way to fix this is to load up main ff8 menu and start new game, once the vid starts to load, load your state and all movie in your session should work. Although you will have to repeat when you start fpse next time.

mirnuj_atom
Primary Device: lg gt540

Postby mirnuj_atom » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:08 pm

Seveneyes wrote:I'm having the problem of sticky keys, although it seems to be exclusively the x key that gets stuck for me... (ff8 and gta2)

I've so far prevented it sticking further by binding the x button to a physical button.

On HTC desire with default settings except sound sync (no frameskip or boost)

mirnuj_atom wrote:Hey Guys.

Thank you.

This bug apparently happens when you've saved state before the first movie (when walking with quistis after leaving the hospital). If you run the game till that movie it should work fine from then!

I unfortunately messed this and the best way to fix this is to load up main ff8 menu and start new game, once the vid starts to load, load your state and all movie in your session should work. Although you will have to repeat when you start fpse next time.

YES, YES, YES, you are the man! It works!

As for sticky buttons in FF8, the problem exists for me too, when it happens you have to find which button stuck and press it again, usually it is triangle or circle.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:22 am

i900frenchaddict wrote:hey guys, sorry to bother you !

These questions of dreamcast emulators, PS2 emulators, etc, and what will be the next device to have, who'll have the biggest ones, etc, have been discussed soooooo long for FpseCE users.......

Here is Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback topic, so please create a thread in the off-topic section to discuss about future emulators and what will be the next Android killer-device

Thanks ;)

(Schtruck, what about updating the forum with a WinMo and an Android separated section? Mods can't really do it if I'm right)

I agree entirely.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

kSt
Primary Device: LG GT540

Postby kSt » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:33 am

Are 3D accelerators supported at this moment?

Kierek
Primary Device: HTC Sensation @1566 MHz
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: ViperS 1.6.3

Postby Kierek » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:11 am

@kSt

No, but they are working on it :)

90180360 wrote:
max3000 wrote:With a Tergra 2 we could emulate the PSX with AA and shaders while still keeping a solid 60FPS.

Once they've rewritten the DMA and implemented OpenGL-ES I'll do this with my 600HMZ ARM11 with Andreno 200 :lol:
schtruck wrote:can you imagine Adreno 200 is 6,5 time faster than the GPU included into the Dreamcast...

;)

These are insanely great news! (I don't have to tell, that I have Adreno 200 too?) :D

Is there any way to delete saves from memory card?

*****BUG*****

I get a force close in one moment in Spider-Man 2(after disarming a bomb in level "just after fighting Shocker"), it makes game "incontinuable"

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=GxxinKRS

*****BUG2*****

Still Spider-Man 2. While trying to quit from level to menu I get force close.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=QTvWxjCV

Hope you can fix those two :)

Return to “News”