Fpse for Android News

rumsey
Primary Device: HD2
Operating System: Android 2.3.2 (GB)
ROM: Hyperdroid GBX 6.0

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby rumsey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:46 pm

To all the Final Fantasy IX fans, I'm working on a nice cheat surprise for you all :D
I think you'll like it a lot. Unfortunately I have to type out a 1092 digit hexadecimal string and I have to do it THROUGH the emulator so its taking some time, I'm on about digit ~150.

I'll have more info for you as I near completion. :ugeek:

bluencool wrote:Some feedback regarding update 0.10.11.

FF8 generally had the red/blue colour problem when the game fades in/out of the battle scenes, during which the characters and stuff turn blue for a couple of seconds. I understand 0.10.11 was supposed to solve this colour issue, but it is still happening in FF8.

There was nothing in the patch notes about this issue, not sure where you think it solved it? Could you link to your source?

Googashlak wrote:Games still lag in landscape mode on all screen settings except small. Portrait mode works perfectly regardless of screen setting.

There was nothing in the patch notes about changes to landscape mode for any setting except small. Again, not sure where you guys are getting these ideas.

rumsey
Primary Device: HD2
Operating System: Android 2.3.2 (GB)
ROM: Hyperdroid GBX 6.0

Postby rumsey » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:01 am

Final Fantasy IX Item Scroller + More

Below I've attached an Item Scroller for Final Fantasy IX. What this means is you can open up your item inventory and hit L2 or R2 to change the currently selected item. R2 will move it up one value and L2 will move it down. Using this you can easily create any of the unique or missable items you passed on a disc and would otherwise never have the chance to get again - including rare items like Ultima Weapon, Excalibur, Ragnarok, Excalibur II, etc. Here's how to use it:

[*] Extract archive to the ISO folder on your sd card
[*] Load up FF9 and load either your save or save state
[*] Move around for a second
[*] Press MENU then EJECT
[*] Select codebreaker.bin (from the archive you extracted)
[*] Press MENU then SYSTEM and change memory card 2 to cheats.mcd (from the archive)
[*] Press BACK until you return to the game
[*] Press MENU then POWER then RESTART
[*] Wait for Codebreaker menu to load completely
[*] Go to Select Cheats then press RIGHT on the blue Final Fantasy IX
[*] Scroll down to Item Roller L2&R2 and press X, then scroll to parts 2-7 and press X to activate them as well
[*] Press START then move up to START GAME and press X
[*] It will prompt you to INSERT THE GAME DISC
[*] Press MENU then press EJECT
[*] Select your FF9 disc (1/2/3/4)
[*] You will see a BLACK SCREEN, this is normal simply press where X should be
[*] You will see a message GAME IS LOADING
[*] Load your FF9 save file and NOT YOUR SAVESTATE!!! (if you load a save state, the cheat will be gone)
[*] Press TRIANGLE and go in to your ITEM menu
[*] Press L2 and R2 to change the selected item up and down
[*] Hold SQUARE and press L2 and R2 to change the quantity of selected item
[*] See http://pastebin.com/qqBzYwYT for a full list of the items in order, to help you get whatever you want

That's it. There are other cheats for FF9 in there as well as you will see. There is only one you need to be careful with - If you enable Quina All Abilities then Quina will learn all her blue mage spells she normally has to eat to learn... however she will no longer be able to equip her magic stones. There is an easy fix for this though - start the game with the Quina cheat enabled, making sure to load a save where Quina is in your party. Check that she has all her abilities, then use a Moogle to save the game again. Reload the cheat disc and enable ONLY the cheat "Enable Equip", then start the game. Quina can now use all her abilities and equips normally again. You must have this code active at all times to change her magic stones.

Any save states you make while these cheats are active will activate the cheats again when you load them. In other words you only need to do the instructions above for Item Roller or Equip Enable once then you can save state for all your saves. Even if you completely reset your phone or the emulator, as long as you are loading from a save state where the cheats were active, the cheats will still work. If you load from the Memory Card then the cheats will be disabled.

Any questions, just ask.

Also there are cheats here for almost ANY playstation game so feel free to download the archive and follow the instruction even if you don't have Final Fantasy IX.
Attachments
cheats.rar
FF9 hacks
(658.84 KiB) Downloaded 3719 times
Last edited by rumsey on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Primary Device: ZTE Blade

Postby 90180360 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:34 am

What's in this version:

Fixed FPS save

Now only boost mode is not saved.

bluencool
Primary Device: HTC Desire

Postby bluencool » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:01 am

rumsey wrote:
bluencool wrote:Some feedback regarding update 0.10.11.

FF8 generally had the red/blue colour problem when the game fades in/out of the battle scenes, during which the characters and stuff turn blue for a couple of seconds. I understand 0.10.11 was supposed to solve this colour issue, but it is still happening in FF8.

There was nothing in the patch notes about this issue, not sure where you think it solved it? Could you link to your source?

I was referring to the red-blue colour inversion bug happening in a variety of games.
Just tried 0.10.12, the colour inversion bug still occurs during the fading out of battle scenes. It seems slightly better in that the inversion seems shorter in duration now... not really certain about that.

LaLa
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II
ROM: Android 4.2

Postby LaLa » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:11 am

rumsey wrote:Final Fantasy IX Item Scroller + More

Below I've attached an Item Scroller for Final Fantasy IX. What this means is you can open up your item inventory and hit L2 or R2 to change the currently selected item. R2 will move it up one value and L2 will move it down. Using this you can easily create any of the unique or missable items you passed on a disc and would otherwise never have the chance to get again - including rare items like Ultima Weapon, Excalibur, Ragnarok, Excalibur II, etc. Here's how to use it:

[*] Extract archive to the ISO folder on your sd card
[*] Load up FF9 and load either your save or save state
[*] Move around for a second
[*] Press MENU then EJECT
[*] Select codebreaker.bin (from the archive you extracted)
[*] Press MENU then POWER then RESTART
[*] Wait for Codebreaker menu to load completely
[*] Press MENU then SYSTEM and change memory card 2 to cheats.mcd (from the archive)
[*] Press BACK until you are at the codebreaker menu again
[*] Go to Select Cheats then press RIGHT on the blue Final Fantasy IX
[*] Scroll down to Item Roller L2&R2 and press X, then scroll to parts 2-7 and press X to activate them as well
[*] Press START then move up to START GAME and press X
[*] It will prompt you to INSERT THE GAME DISC
[*] Press MENU then press EJECT
[*] Select your FF9 disc (1/2/3/4)
[*] You will see a BLACK SCREEN, this is normal simply press where X should be
[*] You will see a message GAME IS LOADING
[*] Load your FF9 save file and NOT YOUR SAVESTATE!!! (if you load a save state, the cheat will be gone)
[*] Press TRIANGLE and go in to your ITEM menu
[*] Press L2 and R2 to change the selected item up and down
[*] See http://pastebin.com/qqBzYwYT for a full list of the items in order, to help you get whatever you want

That's it. There are other cheats for FF9 in there as well as you will see. There is only one you need to be careful with - If you enable Quina All Abilities then Quina will learn all her blue mage spells she normally has to eat to learn... however she will no longer be able to equip her magic stones. There is an easy fix for this though - start the game with the Quina cheat enabled, making sure to load a save where Quina is in your party. Check that she has all her abilities, then use a Moogle to save the game again. Reload the cheat disc and enable ONLY the cheat "Enable Equip", then start the game. Quina can now use all her abilities and equips normally again. You must have this code active at all times to change her magic stones.

Any save states you make while these cheats are active will activate the cheats again when you load them. In other words you only need to do the instructions above for Item Roller or Equip Enable once then you can save state for all your saves. Even if you completely reset your phone or the emulator, as long as you are loading from a save state where the cheats were active, the cheats will still work. If you load from the Memory Card then the cheats will be disabled.

Any questions, just ask.

Also there are cheats here for almost ANY playstation game so feel free to download the archive and follow the instruction even if you don't have Final Fantasy IX.

Works for any game? What about MGS? I ask this because I can only play it through saving with the memory card (I use only 1 of em though). And what about Final Fantasy 7? Been looking for something like this for awhile. Cheers.

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:37 am

@rumsey ! WOWOWOW! Thank you so much! I will try it as soon as I get home from work :)

THANK YOU!

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Postby D69K » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:33 am

rumsey wrote:Also there are cheats here for almost ANY playstation game so feel free to download the archive and follow the instruction even if you don't have Final Fantasy IX.

Pure Awesomeness :) thank you very much for this i've been trying with gameshark and action replay for a while and never had any luck with those !!
never thought of trying codebreaker :lol: :lol:

if this gets implemented inside fpse like a built in cheat codes or something that would be the best :)
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:57 am

Somes news,

i finally fixed the SPUSync savestate, it works like a charm.
i have fixed a Force Close

i'll update FPse within somes hours.

crow1994
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: LG GT 540

Postby crow1994 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:31 pm

But what about buttons?

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:00 pm

Thanks schtruck! will the update include the color inversion?

thanks in advance.

Return to “News”