Fpse for Android News

ffcloud2000
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy 3
ROM: I5800XXJPF (Android 2.2)

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby ffcloud2000 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Blah purchased this app yesterday and haven't been able to get it working since :( You guys should get yourself a lite version that disables loading functionality so we know if our device will actually work. Damn you google and your 15 min window

But yea i seem to get a blackscreen everytime i load a game. I can hear the music in the background like the boot and then the game but after about a couple mins it crashes and asks me to force close.. I tested the psx4droid lite app on the market and that seems to work but no go with fpse :(

ffcloud2000

Postby ffcloud2000 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:49 pm

Notta i'm actually on 2.2 JPF :(

i900frenchaddict wrote:
ffcloud2000 wrote:Blah purchased this app yesterday and haven't been able to get it working since :( You guys should get yourself a lite version that disables loading functionality so we know if our device will actually work. Damn you google and your 15 min window

But yea i seem to get a blackscreen everytime i load a game. I can hear the music in the background like the boot and then the game but after about a couple mins it crashes and asks me to force close.. I tested the psx4droid lite app on the market and that seems to work but no go with fpse :(

If google gave my right informations, your device is running Android 2.1
Fpse, for the moment, only supports 2.2 and 2.3 (written in the infos on the market)

So maybe that's your problem

If it is, 2 solutions:
-Find a 2.2 rom for your phone and install it
-Wait for Schtruck to make Fpse compatible with earlier Android versions

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:57 pm

ffcloud2000 wrote:Blah purchased this app yesterday and haven't been able to get it working since :( You guys should get yourself a lite version that disables loading functionality so we know if our device will actually work. Damn you google and your 15 min window

Well, tell us about your setup. How do you have fpse configured? In particular, are you using a bios, or hle mode? Bios mode is still much more compatible. Also, what games have you tried?

ffcloud2000

Postby ffcloud2000 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:08 pm

I've ripped my images using clonecd (FFTactics,FF7,FutureCopLAPD) and currently using the scph1001.bin with my country set to Usa

all system options disabled except for GTE acceleration and everything else hasn't been changed :(

omnikam
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Note 3
Operating System: Android
ROM: 4.4

Postby omnikam » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:29 pm

I've noticed that XA sound in Mdec isn't working, games like wipeout and parappa the rapper use xa for soundtracks, could you please look into adding this please. Wipeout works perfectly with xa enabled in epsxe. Would be great to have it in FPse, it would also make the emulator closer to being complete

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:57 pm

ffcloud2000 wrote:I've ripped my images using clonecd (FFTactics,FF7,FutureCopLAPD) and currently using the scph1001.bin with my country set to Usa

all system options disabled except for GTE acceleration and everything else hasn't been changed :(

Try putting the attached file in /data/data/com.emulator.fpse-1/files/cfg/ and see if that works. Also, force stop and restart the emulator to be sure the config file takes.

ffcloud2000

Postby ffcloud2000 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:08 pm

LouCipher wrote:
ffcloud2000 wrote:I've ripped my images using clonecd (FFTactics,FF7,FutureCopLAPD) and currently using the scph1001.bin with my country set to Usa

Try putting the attached file in /data/data/com.emulator.fpse-1/files/cfg/ and see if that works. Also, force stop and restart the emulator to be sure the config file takes.

I don't see any attached file :S

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:32 pm

i'd like to be clear with problems encountered with fpse on somes devices, like crash just after starting etc...

For now FPse for android run on any android 2.2 and up.

But Android 2.2 had many fixes, and the version installed onyour device can have miss somes fixes,

in example, people remember that when openning somes menu in Firsts version of FPse for android occured a crashed,

this crash was caused by a bug into a Java function to convert Java String to C string which contained the character '%'.

ffcloud2000

Postby ffcloud2000 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:40 pm

I always make sure i update to the latest version before i start making reports and i've been having these issues with the previous and the version updated today 0.10.10

thewolf16
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4, Nvidia Shield T
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby thewolf16 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:13 pm

Thank you schtruck. With the new Update everything works fine except one thing: In Metal Gear Solid the color blue (for example water or the font in the intro) is red and yellow. What can i do to fix this?

EDIT: Wing Commander runs fine now too. But it has the same problem like Metal Gear Solid just other way: The color red is now blue.

EDIT2: The same error occurs in Toy Story 2. Buzz Lightyear and Woody have a blue face now :D. Please fix the red/blue error. How i noticed the user "Rotqäpchen" has the same error with Rayman. Have you already fixed that?
Last edited by thewolf16 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “News”