Fpse for Android News

touche112
Primary Device: Motorola Droid X
Operating System: Froyo 2.2.1
ROM: Liberty 1.5

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby touche112 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:28 am

Okay guys, big problem here.

I have a Droid X, and I *can not* get Start/Select to render in the Bottom-Middle. I've tried default, and the PSX4 lookalike. It seems to be a problem with the higher resolution of the device.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Yes, all the buttons are enabled. Also, in Portrait mode, the buttons are still screwed up and out of place.

Lman35
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: htc desire

Postby Lman35 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:45 am

Still having sticky buttons issue. Seems to be both the Dpad and x triangle circle.square buttons. Also Dpad often gets opposite direction than what is pressed (up goes down, left goes right etc). HTC desire, ff7.

Warra
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire Z
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Stock

Postby Warra » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:25 am

Bugs i noticed with HTC Desire Z.

- Settings wont save correctly. I use device own hardkeyboard, wont need any osd keyboard. Still, every time i startup new game, it will be back on the screen. Same problem is game saving, "Savestates Path", it will restore by default always. .. And same is video setup Frameskip setup.

- Restart wont work, always need to

Its really annoying to put all these setups back to what i want to keep, each time i'll start playing game.

Version of Fpse is newest 0.10.10

Kierek
Primary Device: HTC Sensation @1566 MHz
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: ViperS 1.6.3

Postby Kierek » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:01 am

So, here's my feedback after some testing.

- Sticky keys problem still at the same point, but I don't get random presses anymore.

- "Print FPS" can't be saved to config. Every time I run FPSe I have to turn it on manually.

- While playing cutscenes i have sound only in left channel.

This problem below is not related to this version or FrameSkipper.

In Spider-Man[U] colors in menu are weird and in "outside" levels rendering is horrible. Buildings(3d models) are disappearing and they look ugly.

Just guessing:

About XA to MP3. Maybe we can use OGG? You can get smaller files with the same quality and it's open source, so i guess it can be easy to implement.
Last edited by Kierek on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Googashlak
Primary Device: Samsung Captivate

Postby Googashlak » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:05 am

Ok small screen is great for portrait mode but in landscape mode the buttons aren't transparent so it blocks them. Also now that there is fps counter, when playing games in landscape mode with centered screen on you can see that the fps gets cut in half. So games that are normally around 60 fps start running around 30 fps. Oddly enough, this doesn't happen with small screen. :o

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:22 am

Just tried 0.10.10 out
On final fantasy 7
Streetfighter ex2
And Mgs

I love the fps counter
But I haven't any problems with sticky buttons
Galaxy note 9 exynos

gormie84
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S i-9000
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Voodoo 5 lagfix

Postby gormie84 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:32 am

I havent had any issues with sticky keys for the last 2 versions, as with frame rate im getting 55-60 full screen on landscape on most of my games. Only on not to is wipeout3 @ 46-48fps still playable thou... Have tried ff 7&8 and in battle and menu sequences im still gettin between 50-60fps still on landscape and fullscreen but the only slow down i get is in the sound emulation..

v--t
Primary Device: desire nd
Operating System: Windows xp

Postby v--t » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:42 am

вообщем
productivity such gran turismo 1 46 фпс, фф 7 in fight 36, soul river 45 fps and more low. Options such, the admission of shots is disconnected, smoothing is included. Other all standard, the sound is disconnected. Phone desire hd., tell the developer that has improved a drawing, has made would like as in a usual mode and that phone to overturn and all is stretched, productivity that has improved, and certainly a sound. With a sound it is impossible to play, all rattles, a sound awful. To improve please these parameters.,
ps I from Russia apologize for errors.

Mar
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire HD
Operating System: Android
ROM: Android 2.3.3 (Stock updated)

Postby Mar » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:59 pm

So far everythings running pretty well on my Desire HD, havent noticed sticky keys :) but that might be due to the games im playing.
Been using the Mdec Acceleration and the Gte Acceleration, Spu Sync and the frame limiter on. Rest have more or less been deactivated.

All the games have worked well, especially in "upright" mode, running at an avg. of 56 fps (Final Fantasy 8, Harvest Moon Back to Nature, Lunar etc.).

I did notice that tilting into landscape really drained the fps (tested in FF8) - a drop of 20-25 fps on avg. Removing the transparency of the onscreen buttons, gave a few more fps and setting the screen to the smallest also helped a bit - ending up at around 46fps which is not unplayable :P but with the screen in that size its almost identical to the upright mode - with less fps.

Havent used boost much at all, as i havent noticed a big difference when using it. Might help a bit in determining the use now that the fps counter is in place.
Just wanted to give a little info on my device anyway :) so far im a happy customer, and very pleased with the high ammount of updates!

*goes back to gaming*

EDIT: Just reached the fire cave trial, for some odd reason all the colors that were supposed to be red are purple. Not game breaking :) but slightly annoying. Slight addition worth mentioning - the color inconsistency only occurs during the battles, not in the movement part.
Another info, im using the PAL edition of the game.

kuronosan
Primary Device: Samsung Fascinate
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: SuperClean 2.1

Postby kuronosan » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:00 pm

Can we get an option to put it on landscape or portrait by default? Tilting the screen is becoming annoying in some games where the screen tilts slightly and suddenly all the buttons switch and you end up crashing or dead.

It would just be nice to not have to turn on auto-rotate on our phone just to play the emu in landscape.

Return to “News”