Fpse for Android News

linxbek
Primary Device: Galaxy S

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby linxbek » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:36 am

i checked yesterday sticky keys bug. it is happening when i use D-pad and analaog ...so it means that bug still remains :arrow:

LaLa
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II
ROM: Android 4.2

Postby LaLa » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Just asking, will there ever be a gameshark plug-in or something for this?

OmgN00B
Primary Device: Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S
ROM: 2.2 (Froyo)

Postby OmgN00B » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Music4Lynx, you can change where you want the d-pad to be. Just go to input settings and touchscreen. Find directional pad and change it to bottom-right.

HDM
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
ROM: Froyo

Postby HDM » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:13 pm

also occurs in portrait sticky key with autorotate off
-PSX4FPse- -PadSx3- -Skins For Android-

Morcus
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC EVO
ROM: CyanogenMod 6.1.2

Postby Morcus » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:58 pm

I'm not sure when it happened exactly but at some point I lost the ability to overwrite memory card saves. It will let me create a new save it just won't let me overwrite one. So far its happened to me in GTA2 and MGS.

vnes1984
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Operating System: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby vnes1984 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:18 pm

D69K wrote:
vnes1984 wrote:After more testing I figured out the sticky keys on my device. I no longer get sticky keys when using the onscreen d-pad. I do get them when I assign my hardware buttons as directional keys. Hopefully that can help schtruck narrow down the issue. thanks

***Edit- the onscreen d-pad is still sticky but not as much as the hardware buttons

I'm sorry but i should tell you all that the sticky keys doesn't only occur in D-pad it is the same for all keys !!

I sometimes get L1 stick and some times square button !!

@vnes are you absolutely 100% sure that the problem also happens with HARDWARE keys ??
because that changes everything !!

it means that it's not even related to multitouch at all !! it is a completely different problem !!
it has something to do with how Fpse handles input in the first place !!
i hope this is a good news :P :P

I've tested all buttons using onscreen and hardware. Below are the results. Thanks

Onscreen buttons- Gets "sticky" when I press and hold ANY combination of two buttons at the same time for longer than 2 seconds. I can hold down one button (the up arrow) and it's fine but not the up arrow and X at the same time.

Hardware buttons- Gets "sticky" when I press and hold ANY one button for longer than 2 seconds. For example, the up arrow or cross or square.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:29 pm

thanks, your report is very usefull.

regarding what you say, it seems to be related to longpress, i have perhaps something to disable...

Anyway i found another thing to change on the code for this part, related when you release finger from the screen.

I'll take a look quickly and will make an update to make this problem finally gone forever.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:08 pm

Thanks schtruck for the update

I hope you can fix this problem.
I don't find any sticky pad or button on my HTC DESIRE HD thou!
So I haven't been able to report any problem on the topic.
But can say the start and select buttons are backward.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

rumsey
Primary Device: HD2
Operating System: Android 2.3.2 (GB)
ROM: Hyperdroid GBX 6.0

Postby rumsey » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Hello Fpse forum!

This is my first post so I'll try and make it useful for some of you, I'm going to talk about some optimizations and how to get cheats to work on Fpse.

Final Fantasy 9
So far, the only game I've been playing on Fpse has been Final Fantasy 9. Over the last 20 pages there has been a lot of discussion about the various issues with the game so I'm going to share what I've observed.
[*] In game graphics look fine and filter just slows thing down
[*] Any in game menus (shop, inventory, battle windows) will slow the game down considerably
[*] Enabling ANY frameskip will stop the battle windows from showing (unplayable)
[*] SPU sync must be enabled for FMV videos to have sound

So, I play with these changes:
[*] Always have SPU sync enabled
[*] Never enable frameskip
[*] Don't use screen filtering
[*] Rotate to portrait mode for battles
[*] If you are level grinding on the overworld, disable framelimiter and play in portrait mode, you can grind 3-4x faster

I just read in the next version of Fpse that small screen display will be available in landscape mode, which is GREAT news because then you can enjoy the game at full speed (or faster with limiter off) without playing in the much less ergonomic, uncomfortable portrait mode.

Cheating - CodeBreaker
For part 2, I'm sharing CodeBreaker with everyone so that you can use cheats for any of your favorite games. CodeBreaker hasn't been in production for almost 8 years and is no longer available unless you are lucky enough to find a used copy at a pawn show, therefore this copy can be considered historical archiving (It's something that won't ever be on sale again in any form, unlike games which can show up as downloadable content for all current gen systems and PSP handheld) that can be shared.
http://www.multiupload.com/5I7XNOW10I
To use CodeBreaker:
[*] Select codebreaker.bin to boot it
[*] CodeBreaker will prompt you for an X-Key. You can create an X-Key from MemCard2 if you like, but you will lose everything on card 2 (which you probably aren't using anyway). You do not have to create an X-Key to use cheats, but if you want to be able to edit and add more cheats that you find online, you will need to.
[*] Select your game and enable the codes you'd like, then press start
[*] Select start game with cheats
[*] Press MENU, EJECT, and load the .iso of the game you want to play
[*] If the screen is black, simply press where the X button would be at on your touchscreen (or your hardware mapped X key) and it should say "Loading Game"
[*] Game will load and cheats will be active. Tested with Final Fantasy 9. Enjoy :ugeek:

Sticky Keys
I haven't had a sticky key issue since the .9 update, however if you do get your D-Pad stuck, the simplest way to fix it for me was always to do a full 360 degree circle on the D-pad 3-4 times as if you were rotating an analog stick in circles. This always cleared the problem in 1-2 seconds whereas before I couldn't come up with a solid method for getting rid of it (sometimes even having to close the app!)

Anyway I hope this has been helpful to someone and if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

max3000

Postby max3000 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:00 pm

schtruck, are you going to address the FFIX menu slowness issue?

Return to “News”