Fpse for Android News

Googashlak
Primary Device: Samsung Captivate

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Googashlak » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:49 am

How do you install the skin? It's not showing up in the overlay skin options...

Exclaymation
Primary Device: HTC Desire
ROM: TME 2.5

Postby Exclaymation » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:16 am

Googashlak wrote:How do you install the skin?

Go into settings>input>touchscreen>overlay pad and choose external, it didn't work for me at first (I chose external but nothing happened) so I disabled it then chose external and it worked. Then choose the location of the pad skin you downloaded (needs to be unziped). Make sure you save as your default settings afterwards

rincewind
Primary Device: droid x
Operating System: none
ROM: stock

Postby rincewind » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:35 am

Thanks for letting me know how to do the skin. My game runs ridiculously better now. So I have to ask... Why? Why does something someone else made for fpse make it work better than what the developer did. Not knockin schtruck.. Dude is the absolute man! Just think it's interesting. The new skin literally took care of pretty much all my problems. No sticky keys, no slowdowns. Now I can truly enjoy my ff7. Thank youuuuuuuu!

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:01 am

After this last update, I've been getting serious sticky keys in Chrono Cross. Never had a single instance of stuck keys before.

Googashlak
Primary Device: Samsung Captivate

Postby Googashlak » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:06 am

Exclaymation wrote:.
Googashlak wrote:How do you install the skin?

Go into settings>input>touchscreen>overlay pad and choose external, it didn't work for me at first (I chose external but nothing happened) so I disabled it then chose external and it worked. Then choose the location of the pad skin you downloaded (needs to be unziped). Make sure you save as your default settings afterwards

Thank you! That worked. :D

LouCipher

Postby LouCipher » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:16 am

Got a suggestion. Can you implement an autosave on quit feature? For example, each game gets the existing manual save slots, plus one "quick save" slot. If you select to quit the game, it prompts you asking if you want to save the game, and if you pick yes, it saves to the quick save slot. You could even make it so this feature could be turned on or off. One step further, you could make it a three-way option, so you could have no autosave, autosave with a prompt, or full autosave where it saves without prompting when you quit. Would be very nice.

LouCipher

Postby LouCipher » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:07 am

Bug report. Having trouble with overlay skin settings. If I set the default settings to overlay disabled, every time I start a game it will have the default pad showing, and I have to manually change it back to disabled each time I start the game. If I set the default config to use one of HDM's overlays, when I start the game, I will have the default pad showing. If I then hit menu, go to config, then back out again without changing anything, I'll have HDM's pad showing (that trick doesn't work with overlay disabled, have to actually go into the input menu and change back to disabled). Rather annoying, since the overlay still takes me down a few fps when showing.

Also, I've noticed something similar with the screen size settings. I have default set to 4:3 centered, but when I first start a game (so far tested on Chrono Cross and FF7), it will be in fullscreen mode. Again, if I hit menu, config, then back out without changing anything, it will be set to the correct aspect ratio.

This is happening after clearing data, uninstalling, and reinstalling. It happens after setting the default config and then deleting the cfg folder (which holds individual game configs), thereby making all games use the default. It also happens if I manually edit the individual game configs to have the correct settings.

What I'm thinking is that fpse has its own internal defaults, which it uses to build the default config when first run, and it is incorrectly referring back to these internal values when first loading a game. Just a guess.

Finally, one more feature request. Can you have an option to quit to the ISO selection screen, rather than just quitting the emu entirely? That way you could change games without having to manually restart the emulator each time.

Edit: OK, this gets better. Now, the game will start with the pad overlay disabled (my default config setting), but will start in fullscreen rather than 4:3 centered. If I then hit menu, config, and back out, the game will be in 4:3 centered, but will show either a) the default overlay, if I have set the individual game config to disable overlay, or b) the selected pad overlay if I have set the game to use HDM's overlay. Really funky...

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:04 pm

5 games not working for me.

Silent hill.
Buttons don't work so cant start the game.

Ace combat 3.
The dpad controll the camera so can't move plain.

Wipeout 3
Don't go passed the first start line about 3 in to game.

Dino crisis
Don't load passed the explicit violents and gore screen

Rayman
Don't go past the first logo screen

Games that work.

Final fantasy 7
Metal gear solid
Soulblade
Streetfighter ex1-2
Crash bandicoot 1-2-3
Resident evil 1-2-3
Wipeout 2097
Ridge racer 2-4
Rageracer
Tekken 3
Alone in the dark.
Tenchu 1-2
Dino crisis 2
Motohead
Time crisis 2
Cool boarders 4
Fear effect
Soulreaver
Resident evil 1.2.3
Rayman 2
Need for speed hot pursuit
Grand turismo 2
Galaxy note 9 exynos

gormie84
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S i-9000
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Voodoo 5 lagfix

Postby gormie84 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:19 pm

crualfoxhound wrote:
Ace combat 3.
The dpad controll the camera so can't move plain.

Wipeout 3
Don't go passed the first start line about 3 in to game.

with ace combat 3 i got the plane to move by going into the input settings changing to analog, return to game and then change it back... i know a pain but it worked for me... but its unplayable because of the texture problems

also i got wipeout 3 to work.. the standard version doesnt... hangs after or on start line like you said but try the PAL 'Wipeout 3 Special Edition' because its working perfectly for me -the cdda music.

phusio
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: galaxy s

Postby phusio » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:24 pm

Where can i find my savegames if the savegame folder has not been changed, so whats the default location? Im about to update my rom on my galaxy s. thanks!!

Return to “News”