Fpse for Android News

max3000

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby max3000 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:29 pm

Can anyone please tell me where the savestates and memory card files are located? I want to back them up before I wipe my phone before installing CM7 :)

Kierek
Primary Device: HTC Sensation @1566 MHz
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: ViperS 1.6.3

Postby Kierek » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:33 pm

@up

First, you need rooted phone and installed Root Explorer. Then go to /data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files/
- memcards
- sstates

max3000

Postby max3000 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:10 pm

Thanks!

phrozen087
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: Liberty v1.5

Postby phrozen087 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:40 pm

HDM wrote:
Phaedrus Nine wrote:
HDM wrote:when I play a racing game, ctr etc, the cross, now automatically stops pressing, and the car stops

happens to someone else?

That doesn't specifically happen to me. Just something similar. Sometimes when I play a game, the controls stop responding. For example, if I'm playing Gran Turismo 2 and I turn right to take a corner, brake, then accelerate again, the D-Pad stops repsonding. I have to take my fingers off the screen, then back on before they start responding again.

I don't quite know under what circumstance this happens. I'll try test some more. It seems to be when I steer, then go from X (accelerate) then press Square (Brake), then back to accelerate again.

It reminds me of an old bug with FpseCE, about release times on the overlays.

to me the problem I mentioned, is the first time that happens to me, only in this 0.10.5, in previous, only the problem that occurred in the first that was sticky, but in this will void the cross and not you can play racing games.

the problem you mention, also in some occasions, but not often and random

I must say the installation is completely new clean t.

What type of phones are you all using? This happens to me and when I play something with extended touchscreen controls and I am on a Droid 2. Unfortunately if you are using a Motorola phone this isn't due to the emulator, its due to the garbage touchscreen on the phone. Motorola phones are only capable of tracking 2 points and there is a vertical axis error that causes the touchscreen tracking to flip points. When this occurs the screen basically spasms and it stops sending a constant contact signal until you remove all fingers and place them back on the screen. Go download the multitouch app off the market (its free) and you can move your fingers around and see the error for yourself. Also you will notice that Moto phones only support 2 finger multitouch where most all other phones on the market support 3+ (most 4+) finger detections. Therefore also if you are holding down the movement pad and holding down say drive, you are screwed. The vertical aliasing error can't be fixed by a software update on these phones (people have tried...). There are some other phones that suffer from this issue also, but it appears to just be a pretty nasty flaw in the hardware itself. It may be of note that this happened to me in SNESoid, psx4droid, fpse, zenonia 1, zenonia 2, and pretty much anything else that uses a touchscreen. For quick presses the issue doesn't seem to be as prominent and if you lift your fingers (like the d-pad) then naturally you probably wouldn't see this problem. Sadly I think the only actual fix for this is to get a new phone that supports better multitouch... its one of the weak points that has somewhat permanently burned me on Motorola's phones since I started seeing it back in the Fall.

Performance overall is great though, and the touchscreen works fine on rpgs and other games so I'm ok on that. I have just resorted to the fact that if I am going to play a racing game I have to slide my keyboard out b/c of Moto's janky touchscreen.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:09 pm

@Phrozen087

I'm using a HD2. I know it has a crappy touchscreen. It suffers from auto-alignment, which was a problem with FpseCE. And yes it only handles two points of multi-touch.

However, the reason I suspect it's not the touchscreen that is at fault is because I didn't experience the entire touchscreen controls not working with FpseCE. There was something to do with old release times with FpseCE. If you pressed and held X, then pressed a direction. It would release X, then press it again even if you hadn't moved your finger. Which could cause problems, but that issue was solved.

I don't know how Fpse for Android handles multi-touch, but it seems a similar bug to me.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

HDM
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
ROM: Froyo

Postby HDM » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:16 pm

I have a sgs, there is no hardware problem, you have 4 or 5 points enabled

is a problem with the code of the emulator, I never had any problem with multitouch, only with FPSE, all the other emulators or applications work perfect

and the previous version 0.4 this problem does not occur

at this time to play racing games, I have to constantly scrub on the cross button with your finger so as not to defeat the press, and hold active

That apparently pressing dpad, cross is nullified
-PSX4FPse- -PadSx3- -Skins For Android-

gormie84
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S i-9000
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Voodoo 5 lagfix

Postby gormie84 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:20 pm

got a weird one... in ff8 if you start it from a clean boot the fmv sequences are fine but however if you load it up from a save state they are solid grey?? apart from the 3d models that have been overlayed...

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:24 pm

ok i have revert back to old multitouch code, and i had an idea to make things better.

i have fixed the memory allocation code, and another big problem the first time you run FPse with memory card.

i have fixed savestate path problem, and the Back Key which stay pressed,

Update in somes minutes.

Kierek
Primary Device: HTC Sensation @1566 MHz
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: ViperS 1.6.3

Postby Kierek » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:40 pm

You are a God schtruck :D

i have fixed the memory allocation code, and another big problem the first time you run FPse with memory card.

So happy to see it. Because of this thing, I've corrupted(crash while saving) my Kula World save :(

HDM
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
ROM: Froyo

Postby HDM » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:41 pm

in 0.10.5 extact what happens is, I press cross, the car accelerated, hit left or right at a time and the two buttons works ok, But when I release the directional button, also vanishes Xcross

If you press the direction at a time of new, cross activated again, and so on
Last edited by HDM on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-PSX4FPse- -PadSx3- -Skins For Android-

Return to “News”