Fpse for Android News

HDM
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
ROM: Froyo

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby HDM » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Schtruck

I saw that mask with more surface affects the performance, you can try to establish them in 8bit? if my skin test, you see that has a greater impact on performance, we may be able to gain performance in this area
-PSX4FPse- -PadSx3- -Skins For Android-

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:04 pm

HDM, mask are 24bits, but there are converted to 8bits internally.

Ok for the today update, i will propose a overall Fix for all crash that many people had here and there. i hope this time no more people will encounter crashes with this version into menus.

I have added the possibility to call the Context menu any time, even at the loader, if it's called just when starting at the first loader, all you'll make will be done to the main config file. like that you'll be able to choose directly a Bios before loading any game.
Just because starting in HLE is not a good idea, many game can't start in this mode....

i'll take a look to my multitouch code before updating, if i found something related to sticky buttons i'll add this change too.

1 or 2 hours before market updated.

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:23 pm

schtruck wrote:HDM, mask are 24bits, but there are converted to 8bits internally.

Ok for the today update, i will propose a overall Fix for all crash that many people had here and there. i hope this time no more people will encounter crashes with this version into menus.

I have added the possibility to call the Context menu any time, even at the loader, if it's called just when starting at the first loader, all you'll make will be done to the main config file. like that you'll be able to choose directly a Bios before loading any game.
Just because starting in HLE is not a good idea, many game can't start in this mode....

i'll take a look to my multitouch code before updating, if i found something related to sticky buttons i'll add this change too.

1 or 2 hours before market updated.

Very good call, being able to change settings before loading a game would be great. That way, if a game crashes under default settings, you can change those settings before loading.

Any chance for an in-menu fps display setting? I agree with the previous posters, it would allow us to evaluate our settings changes on a performance basis. Also, would you be willing to update us as regards to my question about plugins? Can we develop our own plugins for fpse? Having someone develop a nice gpu plugin independently from the main emu would greatly free up your time to focus on core emu issues, rather than having to worry about every little gpu issue (not to mention I'd love to sharpen my coding skills on a project in which I have a vested interest).

Edit: One additional request, don't know if it's feasible with the current android market. It would be nice if people could officially revert to a previous version. If, for example, the new version breaks things for a particular group of users, it would be nice if they could revert to the previous version. As it stands, anyone who downloads from the market will get the latest version, working for them or not. If a versioning system could be implemented, then everyone could download the version that works best for them, not just the latest. As I said, I'm not sure the current android marketplace would even allow for this, but if it's possible, it would be a great addition.

takumivk
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus One
Operating System: Android 2.3
ROM: CyanogenMod 7 RC1

Postby takumivk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:52 pm

I'd like to report the Select Button has disappeared from the screen overview now. Only the Start button appears even after playing around in the touch configuration.
Tekken 3 seems to be more smooth on my Nexus One now though, so I am happy.

kuronosan
Primary Device: Samsung Fascinate
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: SuperClean 2.1

Postby kuronosan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:29 pm

Fascinate 2.2 Froyo, Superclean 2.2 ROM.

Select button disappeared after 10.4 update, and sound still doesn't load in some games (MGS, specifically) if loading from save state.

Also, blue/red palettes still swap in some games. Keys aren't sticking for me anymore.

I would love it if there was an option to switch controller ports so that those of us playing MGS can get past Psycho Mantis.

Burd!K
Primary Device: Xperia ZR
ROM: stock JB 4.3

Postby Burd!K » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi everyone!
recently, made a comparison of GT2 NTSC vs. PAL
so, both are overfullspeed on Milestone and work great, until i want to enable framelimiter
with Framelimiter enabled, PAL version works like a charm and NTSC... is 5/6 of fullspeed
We need a 60 fps limiter for NTSC T_T (and 60 fps frameskip ;-))

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:09 pm

takumivk wrote:I'd like to report the Select Button has disappeared from the screen overview now. Only the Start button appears even after playing around in the touch configuration.
Tekken 3 seems to be more smooth on my Nexus One now though, so I am happy.

Are you sure you cleared data and uninstalled/reinstalled for this update? I'm using the same rom version as you (albeit for a g2), and with the latest version I've got select on the top far left, and start on the top far right, no overlap or missing buttons with the default pad skin.

artlan
Primary Device: HTC EVO 4G
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
ROM: Fresh Rom

Postby artlan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:41 pm

For all those commenting that the select key is gone - it's not.
It's already been said that you must clear data to refresh the information - however if you turn on the (seemingly) blank key under the current "Start" (or "Start - Select" if you haven't cleared data) it will reappear just fine.
The text for the "Select" option will not show until you clear data because then the emu will regenerate the files needed for it. The current files are not fully compatible with the new setup.

HDM
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
ROM: Froyo

Postby HDM » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:04 am

schtruck wrote:HDM, mask are 24bits, but there are converted to 8bits internally.

Ok but I'm not sure if it works, if I try to mask natively 8bit, not work, and auto load your originals mask 24bit /data/data...skin

The same thing happened when they did not have the overlay 8bit support, they should also run natively as I overlay now

greetings
-PSX4FPse- -PadSx3- -Skins For Android-

linxbek
Primary Device: Galaxy S

Postby linxbek » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:19 am

schtruck when will you upload new version ?

Return to “News”