Fpse for Android News

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby D69K » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:49 pm

DrownedOne wrote:Hey Schtruck, awesome emulator. Love all the updates, multitouch is perfect now.

Couple problems though:

1. Before the update Dino Crisis 2 was working fine, but now it's freezing at load up.
2. When I was playing Resident Evil 3, sticky keys were still present, but not as bad as before.

I'm sure all these issues will get fixed soon, the updates have been coming in quick!

Also a couple questions if anyone can answer please:

1. What does Mdec accel, Gte accel, and HLE mode do?
2.What is screen filtering?
3. For pad type, is there any difference in digital and analog? I know you need analog on for force feedback, but is that it?
4. Finally, what is Relative moves in the touchscreen prefs?

Thanks again! Keep up the great work.

Samsung Vibrant running on 2.2 Froyo

exactly we need information about what these things do !!

i can tell you what screen filtering, HLE and the pad thing are for but the rest idk :(

Screen Filtering is a nice feature in Fpse that makes the graphics look smooth (smooth edges on characters and objects) and it makes the graphics less pixelated but you get a little speed drop when you turn it on .. try it and you'll see ..

HLE mode let's you play games without the need of a bios but it is still not that perfect and doesn't support save state ..

about pad and vibration feedback .. you have to make sure that your game supports it first .. and then change the pad type to analog and choose your desired vibration mode (high - medium - low)
some games need to set vibration to high to feel the vibration .. so first set it to high if you feel that vibration is so much then reduce to medium or low :)

that is all i know i hope i helped :)
still need answers about GTE, MDEC acceleration and relative moves ..

gormie84 wrote:schtruck, i tried (on TR2) having the .bin & .cue file and loaded the .cue and still no luck... still hangs after menu screen. was wondering do the .ape files of the disc need to be included?

thanks

ok a year ago i had the exact same problem that you are having now with FpseCE and me and schtruck tried to resolve it but it turned out to be a problem with my backup image (iso file) and at last i made my conclusion of the problem

D69K wrote:here is what i found out about this game !!
Read it Carefully to get this game working:

there are 4 versions of this game :

1st NTSC-U version
which i had .. doesn't work .. you can't get past the main menu and you don't here the music !!
(strange since i played that one with ePSXe 1.6 and got to the ending with no problem !!)

2nd PAL version
now this one work with no problems at all :) so be sure to get this version if you want to play the game

3rd NTSC-J version
(AKA Tomb Rider II The BEST) don't know why exactly :lol:
well i haven't really tested this one :mrgreen:

4th BETA Version (AKA Tomb Rider 2 Starring: Lara Croft) :o which doesn't have a code (i mean like SLUSXXXX) !!
but it has some bugs in it and to be specific at level 10 ..
you can't get past the cave with the big fan blocking the entrance no matter what you try you cant finish the level ..

and as schtruck said:
this game check the position within the music played

so you have to be sure that your image has all the audio tracks in it even The PAL version ..
and be sure to set CD sound > 0 because 0 = off and then the game can't check your progress !!
<-- this is for fpsece not fpse for droid

thank you schtruck :)

enjoy :)

here is a link to the topic if you want to check it out
http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=459
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

DrownedOne
Primary Device: Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S
ROM: Stock Froyo 2.2

Postby DrownedOne » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:02 pm

@D69K

Thanks for the answers! They helped out a lot. I tried screen filtering, it seems kind of obvious now that I think about it.

rincewind
Primary Device: droid x
Operating System: none
ROM: stock

Postby rincewind » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Any chance yoy can let me know about my ff7 issue with the enemy select? Obviously I know you've got alot on your plate and I'm not expecting immediate results, bit of like to know if its going to get checked out. Otherwise I'll go back to psx4droid. Your system of a million times better, but the re will only be so far I can get in the game before it becomes a major issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry about the sloppy grammar in the last post. Auto texting on my phone isn't 100 percent accurate.

Don't double post, use the edit function.

rufio
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2

Postby rufio » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:19 pm

schtruck wrote:
For FFVII, i saw many people saying sound is buggy, but guys, put SPUSync to on, and then Frameskip to 40, sound will be perfect and speed will be very good even with overlays.

I tried this on my Droid 2 and the results were pretty much the same as before. The sound didn't change, but battles loaded a little slower. And when I closed the application and reloaded a savestate, there was no sound at all. I had to change them back and reload the application to get sound again.

The settings I have been using are Frameskip OFF, and SPUSync OFF. When I turn SPUSync ON, there is a miniscule amount of slowdown noticeable, which is fine. But it didn't seem to affect the sound quality at all. Regardless, I'm still thankful for this app and all your hard work. I get to play FF7 on my damn phone, a decade ago I was sitting on the floor playing this on a playstation. Ah technology.

phrozen087
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: Liberty v1.5

Postby phrozen087 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:55 pm

rufio wrote:
schtruck wrote:
For FFVII, i saw many people saying sound is buggy, but guys, put SPUSync to on, and then Frameskip to 40, sound will be perfect and speed will be very good even with overlays.

I tried this on my Droid 2 and the results were pretty much the same as before. The sound didn't change, but battles loaded a little slower. And when I closed the application and reloaded a savestate, there was no sound at all. I had to change them back and reload the application to get sound again.

The settings I have been using are Frameskip OFF, and SPUSync OFF. When I turn SPUSync ON, there is a miniscule amount of slowdown noticeable, which is fine. But it didn't seem to affect the sound quality at all. Regardless, I'm still thankful for this app and all your hard work. I get to play FF7 on my damn phone, a decade ago I was sitting on the floor playing this on a playstation. Ah technology.

Your experience is pretty different from mine and I am using a Droid 2 also. I am not sure exactly what your settings are (you can see all of mine earlier in this thread) but I have almost no slowdown in FF7 at all. With the most recent build (I just tested some play in the world and in battles/cutscenes at the beginning of the game a few mins ago. Played through the first boss.) there is some very minor audio slowdown on battles loading (they load as fast as an actual psx for me) and there is some minor audio slowdown when a very graphical spell is used, but overall it is more than playable and my slowdowns are so rare I don't really notice it.

That said I am not running the stock OS. I am running Liberty v1.5 and am overclocked to 1.1GHz @ LV. On a side note, I have noticed that liberty tends to significantly improve the performance of any app I have ever used over stock so maybe that has something to do with it. If you are pure stock on your Droid 2 the verizon bloatware that is always running in the background may have a pretty severe performance impact, I'm not sure just trying to throw a suggestion out there that might help you. Edit: Thought about it for a few mins and another suggestion might be to try using something like Titanium Backup to "freeze" the bloatware if you haven't and see if you get any performance boost. The unfortunate truth about the Droid 2's is that the stock motoblur (motorola's "custom" android skinning and options)+verizon bloatware (the stuff you can't uninstall and every time you force close it the apps immediately restart) cripples the hardware pretty badly.

max3000

Postby max3000 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:04 pm

I wonder if the performance is better in 2.3 since it has better API.

Can anyone confirm that? schtruck?

figeloal
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: Stock SWE 1.66

Postby figeloal » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:17 pm

schtruck wrote:

Sadly you cant use frameskip (at least not in FF IX) because if you use frameskip then you cant see any menus inside battles :(

Moli
Primary Device: SGS
ROM: Froyo 2.2.1 JPY

Postby Moli » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:33 pm

Schtruck

Controls still need improvement, just try in Street Fighter Alpha3, or Capcom vs SNK, and try a trick, it is very hard to find,

Now try the same in PSX4DROID, the tricks are done easily, if they get the controls are as good as psx4droid, achieve the best no doubt.

Other quest

in Tekken3 tricks multitouch X+[] or X+O etc not works.

thanks for the good work

Tinman
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: Stock Gingerbread - by Samsung

Postby Tinman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:10 pm

A much needed developer, Im so glad you started on Android, after the fiasco and trouble with Psx4Droid this is most welcoming news.

Im happy to say that the latest Gingerbread works fine 2.3.2

The problem is the volume, sound is way too low and I cant figure out how to raise the volumn, the Up/Down vol keys dont work.

Is there a way to map them or is this yet to be implemented?

[Update] - never mind, can turn vol up/down when you press the menu button, - lol.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:39 pm

ok i have identified a thing that disturbed onscreen buttons...

tricks will be better now...

It was a mechanism i have done for sliding mode which was activated even when Sliding mode was off..

In the next update (in somes minutes) i'll add this too.

Return to “News”