Fpse for Android News

Hedge
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Motorola Milestone
Operating System: 2.2 Froyo
ROM: Miui

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Hedge » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:26 pm

I can't see the menu on my Motorola Milestone. The menu-button just brings up an empty menu without options. What is going wrong?

WalidBang
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S i9000 samsung
ROM: Darky Rom 9.2

Postby WalidBang » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:11 pm

WalidBang wrote:
phrozen087 wrote:
WalidBang wrote:Hello,
i'm lovin this app, but i have found one bug. I am playin it with a bluetooth keyboard. When i set the hardware keys it works good for the first time, but after i close this app, and play it again later, only one key is actually working.
Then i have to reinstall oder delete data.
Hope you will fix it soon

I think I can help you on this one. This has to do with the way the settings are saved in FPSE. Think of it this way and you should be able to get stuff working:
1) You have a global setting. When a game is first launched (and only the very first time) it takes its settings from this global setting value.
2) After launch a game creates its own unique list of settings. It will use these in any subsequent launch.

So basically, lets say I have 2 games. I have loaded each one 1 time. Now I go and make changes to the first game (controls, video, audio, etc...). When I load game 2 these won't stick. This simple issue can actually cause a lot of settings to not stick well from what I have seen. I kinda found 2 solutions that seem to be a good workaround so if you can try them see if they fix your issue.

If you have root: This is much easier. Load a game, not setup everything exactly as you want, keys, video/audio, everything. Then go to the system tab and save the default settings. Now your standard settings are stored. Now open root explorer and navigate to "data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files" and delete the "cfg" folder. Hopefully your problem should be gone now and your saved keys should persist.

If you DONT have root: You are probably gonna lose some data so I hope you are using external memory cards and not the default ones. In android go to Apps->FPSE and clear the data for the app. Now repeat the above and setup everything exactly as you want, keys, video/audio, everything. Then go to the system tab and save the default settings. Now your standard settings are stored. Make sure you get everything exactly as you want it by only opening one game and save the default settings when you are done.

It would be nice to have an option to easily purge the cfg folder in the future, as it could help. If you accidentally make one wrong setting and load a bunch of games you either have to clear everything, be rooted and delete cfg of manually load and fix every game.

Hope this helps

Thanks i will try that and give you feedback after that

No it did not work for me, i had not the same problem with psx4droid. hope for a fix

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Guys,

Multitouch handling code has been rewritten, and it works better than before now!

Problem is fixed, thanks to Azerty16 for his testing.

i will update Market Version (0.10.1) within somes minutes....

vnes1984
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Operating System: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby vnes1984 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:32 pm

schtruck wrote:Guys,

Multitouch handling code has been rewritten, and it works better than before now!

Awesome! I look forward to trying the new multi-touch. Thanks for changing the version number as well

Any way to disable sound to get performance boost like in the windows mobile version?

Hedge
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Motorola Milestone
Operating System: 2.2 Froyo
ROM: Miui

Postby Hedge » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Cool, but please tell me why I can't see the menu on my Motorola Milestone?

MrKaon
Primary Device: HTC One

Postby MrKaon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:51 pm

No it did not work for me, i had not the same problem with psx4droid. hope for a fix

I have the same problem my device is not rooted and FPse is keep forgetting even there is the BIOS file is
also same problem with external keyboard.
Schtruck could you please set everything store in SD card

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:54 pm

Just tried future cop:LAPD with boost on and all the overlays off.

It's just as fast (if not faster) than FpseCE is. Awesome. Just takes a bit of practice with using it without overlays, not too difficult to master :)
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

camkool
Primary Device: HTC G2
Operating System: Windows Vista
ROM: Cyanogenmod

Postby camkool » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:57 pm

anyone else's sound not working? not sure what info i can put up for you guys. worked when i had the first version then stopped working after an update

phrozen087
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: Liberty v1.5

Postby phrozen087 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:11 pm

WalidBang wrote:No it did not work for me, i had not the same problem with psx4droid. hope for a fix

Sounds like this might be an android issue with the controller if it exists in multiple apps. What phone and controller are you using? I will ask around and see if I can find anything.

schtruck wrote:Guys,

Very glad to here this fix and even more glad to see the version number! This should fix the issues that were caused with Titanium Backup and this app. I think not having any version change just made the market go wonky when it saw the app restored after changing roms.

MrKaon wrote:

I have the same problem my device is not rooted and FPse is keep forgetting even there is the BIOS file is
also same problem with external keyboard.
Schtruck could you please set everything store in SD card

Its the fact that each game stores all of its settings individually. Therefore if you forget to set a bios and save default settings the first time you launch all games will have to have their settings changed individually. I suppose putting the cfg folder on the SD would work as well, so that you could delete it if you get bad cfg files.

camkool wrote:anyone else's sound not working? not sure what info i can put up for you guys. worked when i had the first version then stopped working after an update

Have you tried clearing your data for the app and then reloading the app? Also check and see if the audio SPU sync is enabled and make sure you are loading through a bios (pref schp1001.bin). If none of these work post up what game you are having issues with.

TNTantoine
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Motorola Milestone 2
ROM: stock

Postby TNTantoine » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:19 pm

Hi there !

First of all, Your emulator is quite amazing schtruck, 4euros isa good price for the perfs it does !

My problem is that since the new version (10.1), some games forcequit Fpse in the "memory card check" phase.

It happens when I play "Rollcage", the racing game and this problem showed up since the last updates.

Thanks if you fix that ! (and thanks anyway for the emulator) :)

Keep updating this very good soft !

Return to “News”