Fpse for Android News

rufio
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby rufio » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:38 am

dgg04 wrote:Hey,

I'm using a rooted droid and I just purchased Fpse.

So far it is working well with MGS, I turned on SPUsync and I was able to start a new game. I also turned off the overlay controls and am just using hardware controls to play in landscape mode. This greatly improved the performance.

However, I'm running into a problem when I try to use the save feature built into Fpse.

It saves okay and I can load back to the spot where I saved but I lose all sound.

Any help would be appreciated or is this a known issue?

Hey dgg04. I'm running into similar problems as well. I think the biggest issue right now is the touchscreen issues folks are having, but how many out there are also experiencing sound bugs? Either intermittent sound skips, choppy sound, no sound at all, or perfect sound/music?

If we can compile this information maybe we can find a pattern in it. I know for me, I'm using a Droid 2, and when I first start my games the music/sound is perfect, but after I save and/or close the application and reopen it, the sound is choppy, or skips.

I'm not sure if this helps, but Phrozen made a solid post earlier on. It didn't help me yet, but it may help others with their issues. Here is the post he made below:

phrozen087 wrote:
LeSScro wrote:Please, if you find a working configuration, share with communauty...
Maybe i can edit a list and configuration for specific device on Website... like a table...

Here is a list of all my settings and it seems to work in every game I have tried. My phone is a Droid 2 (running Liberty v1.5 ROM at 1.1GHz). I have zero video and gameplay slow down and almost no audio slowdown in any game I have tried.

Droid 2 Settings
Should work for the Droid X/Milestone 2 as well

Emulator Settings:
System:
Bios: schp1001.bin
Mdec: Enable
Gte: Enable
Fast Booting: Enable
HLE Mode: Disable
Boost Mode: Disable

Audio:
SPU Sync: Enable (see note)
(This is the only setting, works in almost every game. In the one game Lunar 2: Eternal Blue disabling this setting makes the sound much better. Out of 20+ games this is the only game that I needed to change this setting to get better audio)

Video:
Framelimiter: Enable
Frameskip: no frameskip
Screen Filtering: Disable
Screen Size: Fullscreen

Input:
Digital
Touchscreen:
Slide mode: disable
relative moves: disable
transparency: 20%
Enabled buttons: 0 and 1 (rest disabled)
Hardware Keys: whatever you need here
Multi Keys: doesn't seem to be working atm, so I have none
Accelerometer: disable
Force Feedback: low

Root Only Changes:
I am not sure if this really affects the way the gameplay works, but it seemed to improve my performance overall so I will put it here as well. If you are not comfortable with rooting/editing files then you shouldn't do this, but overall I feel it made some minor increase in performance.

For all of the following start by:
open "data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files" with a program like root explorer

Embed bios
1) copy the schp1001.bin bios into the bios folder in here
2) Open the fpse.ini file now (you can edit by long pressing in root explorer and selecting edit text file) and change the line that says "BiosName=schp1001.bin_is_recommended" to "BiosName=schp1001.bin" (P.S. I wish schtruck would remove the _is_recommended as it wasn't in the initial release and you could avoid this second step.....)
3) Save the file

Embed mem cards
1) Convert your memorycards to the .mcd format and rename them "slot1.mcd" and "slot2.mcd"
2) Paste them in the memcards subfolder of the above directory

Cleaning up your configs
**it might be helpful if the emulator had a built in option to clear the cfgs as once you make a lot of changes they don't get carried over if saved configs already exist**
1) Open 1 ISO and enable all of the above settings. Copy everything, set everything, basically make sure everything is perfect for the 1 game and the save the default settings.
2) Now make sure to embed the bios in data if you haven't already.
3) Now delete the "cfgs" folder
4) Every game should now load up and run perfectly on the Droid 2!

Side note
You may see some other settings in the .ini like enabling armv7, etc... I have tried messing with most of the settings in here that you can't change from within the emulator and the performance doesn't really seem to increase or decrease with any changes. I am just making this note to save others time if they think this might do something.

rufio

Postby rufio » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:41 am

Maguel wrote:I'm having issues loading between different save states of the same game. I have set one directory into which save states for every game are saved. Do I need to segment different folders for save states of each rom?

I've also been having this issue. When you go to save to a slot, no matter if you save at different points to different slots, when you load any of them they all seem to load the same save point, which is usually the last one you made. I mentioned it earlier but for the time being it's not the end of the world, as most of the games have "in-game" save functions that you can still load/save to if you absolutely have to.

Wordslinger
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Incredible
ROM: Stock HTC Sense

Postby Wordslinger » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:34 am

I've searched my internal memory and SD card and can't find the memory card from Psx4droid or the files for FPSe (to add a new gamepad overlay). Where can I find these files? Do I need root?

bhed
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Archos 70

Postby bhed » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:04 am

Having same issues as rufio. Playing Diablo, no matter which save slot (fpse, not memory card) I load from, all the slots have the same save - the last one. Basically there's only one actual working save slot. Does this have something to do with being unable to name or timestamp the save slots?

It seems to be happening with different games.

namesallgone
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
Operating System: n/a
ROM: stock

Postby namesallgone » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:14 am

I would like to express both my confusion, and my pure joy with this emulator. First I was having troubles saving the bios, it kept force closing, and not saving my settings, then it suddenly decided it had toyed with my emotions enough, and saved itself. Moving on, screw pxs4droid, this is my new timewaster of choice. Sorry work, you come second to reliving my childhood. Thanks for all the hard work, and I look forward to playing DQ7

artlan
Primary Device: HTC EVO 4G
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
ROM: Fresh Rom

Postby artlan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:20 am

Wordslinger wrote:I've searched my internal memory and SD card and can't find the memory card from Psx4droid or the files for FPSe (to add a new gamepad overlay). Where can I find these files? Do I need root?

Hey there :) Ya don't need root for the memory cards, but you do need a file explorer able to see hidden files (I use Estrongs). The psx4droid saves are in a folder called .psx4droid (the '.' at the start hides a folder) and is on your SDCard. As for the skins, the example one w/ brief explanation is found a few pages back (or mine above). You can put custom skins anywhere, just point FPSE at their .ini file from inside the emu.
But if your looking for where the main FPSE files are, you will need a explorer with root access. I use Root Explorer.) The files are in \data\data\com.emulator.fpse\ - someone earlier also posted about that and various tricks for moving the mem cards, bios, and pad settings into there :)

amitambika
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HD2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: 1.43

Postby amitambika » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:21 am

I would like to know if this is intended to work with Android 2.3.2.I have tried but the emulator doesnot select the ISO and just exits to the main home screen without any error messages.

Fuzzymonkeh
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung vibrant

Multi touch does not work properly, hindering game playabili

Postby Fuzzymonkeh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:49 am

Hello. First off, I must say thank you so much for the hard work you guys have been putting into this project for many years. You guys are great.

Alright, in terms of bugs, I have been reading that several other people are having this problem which hasn't been addressed yet. I have a Samsung Vibrant mobile device. I have been attempting to play several games with the app however multi touch does not work well. If you were pressing a directional button and any other button, the character or input will continue in that direction if you are still pressing any button after releasing the directional button. Sometimes while pressing a directional button and another button together then releasing both, the character or input will continue in that direction despite no button is been pressed. This results in many inflicted damages and worst horrible deaths of innocent lives. (i.e Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver, Einhaeder, Pocket Fighter etc)

Please address this issue because these tragic events forestall the enjoyment of many wandering protagonists.

Keep up the great work and I hope your work will reward you guys well, take care.

rufio

Postby rufio » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:01 am

artlan wrote:Hey there :) Ya don't need root for the memory cards, but you do need a file explorer able to see hidden files (I use Estrongs). The psx4droid saves are in a folder called .psx4droid (the '.' at the start hides a folder) and is on your SDCard. As for the skins, the example one w/ brief explanation is found a few pages back (or mine above). You can put custom skins anywhere, just point FPSE at their .ini file from inside the emu.
But if your looking for where the main FPSE files are, you will need a explorer with root access. I use Root Explorer.) The files are in \data\data\com.emulator.fpse\ - someone earlier also posted about that and various tricks for moving the mem cards, bios, and pad settings into there :)

Phrozen also suggested to me to use Root Explorer, but rooting my phone is something I am definitely not familiar with and it seems as though there's a fair bit involved in the process. It's something I'm not willing to try atm, but the idea of being able to see/edit certain files is nice. I think my technical knowledge of android would result in disaster if I continued down this path though.

Side note, I used Estrongs (which was a nice little tool btw, thank you Artlan) and I was able to see the phone memory not just the SDcard. I attempted to move the BIOS file to the phone's memory instead of the SDcard to see if that had any impact on performance since the phone memory is faster, however the copy kept failing. I'm assuming I might need to root the phone in order to do that.

Side note to Schtruck, I noticed in your previous messages you said people weren't taking advantage of the SpuSync option. I definitely have been trying with it on and off and my sound is still grainy no matter which options I pair it with.

Edit: Now my game sound seems to have gone away altogether, hrmph. Back to working on it.
Double Edit: Restarted FPSE, sound working again, still rough.

camkool
Primary Device: HTC G2
Operating System: Windows Vista
ROM: Cyanogenmod

Postby camkool » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:46 am

my sound is non-existent. i can't get it to work. it worked with the first version but it had no volume control and was always blasting. now with since the updates i've had no sound at all. anyone got any ideas?

Return to “News”