Android: Metal Gear Solid

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
12gage

Android: Metal Gear Solid

Postby 12gage » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:33 pm

I can get the game to start, but the screen goes blank after hitting "New Game". Are there special settings for this game? I've tried toggling almost all of them. I know the ROM is okay, it worked for psx4droid. thanks in advance.

12gage

Re: Android: Metal Gear Solid

Postby 12gage » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:24 pm

thanks for the response, I think it was the SPUsync ON that did it because now it's working. And VERY responsive, very little lag, much better than psx4droid!!

LaLa
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II
ROM: Android 4.2

Postby LaLa » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:01 pm

I have a problem with this game. When I first started it, had no problems (just one play), game ran perfect. I then saved and closed the emulator. Then later, I load MGS up, it comes up with no sound and when I try to load a save, it crashes. I don't know what to do, I paid for FPSECE just for MGS, if I can't get this to work, it would be such a waste of money. But I love the feedback and quick responses the devs put out so anyone have a solution to my problem? It also happened to me when I played Final Fantasy 7. And I had no problems with playing Resident Evil 3 on it, so this is really confusing since I'm all new to all of this. Sorry if I went on a rant, thanks.

EDIT: Oh lord, now I can't even freaking find my damn save file. Why the hell is this emulator so hard to use? Is there any possible way I can get my money back because all I've encounter is problem after problem. :evil:

LaLa
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II
ROM: Android 4.2

Postby LaLa » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:11 am

I got it all fixed, thanks for the help anyways though. :D

G60Dub
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HD2
ROM: Coredroid 1.5

Postby G60Dub » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:40 am

Kinda thread Hijack but may be better keeping specific game questions in the same thread?

Running Android on my HD2 and FPSE works fine. I however have an issue with fine view control in MGS; am I going to need to purchase a BT controller in order to kill Sniper Wolf as I cant seem to set up the input controls succesfully.

gillespie
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S I9000

Postby gillespie » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:44 am

Since there's an MGS thread here already I'll join in rather than starting a new one.

My problem is when I die, the music lags a lot, and then the game dies. I have spu sync on, if I try disabling the audio the game doesn't even start.

Thanks

HTCFPsen00b
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Inspire 4g
Operating System: Android
ROM: Rooted

Postby HTCFPsen00b » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:58 am

HELP I have same problem but I.can't figure it out on mgs I press new game and i get a black screen :evil: plzzz help good god help me
[]YOUTUBE/TiverzNerozCOD

ctiggerrun
Primary Device: Transformer Prime
Operating System: Android ICS

Postby ctiggerrun » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:25 pm

I am having a few problems with Metal Gear Solid (ntsc) and my Asus Transformer Prime, running Ice Cream Sandwich. The game runs well but there are graphical issues.

-The green codec numbers do not appear between the head screens.
-The green codec number area disappeared and turned into a white box after defeating Revolver Ocelot.
-Glow effects are not working on elevator buttons, you can seen the buttons, but they're not highlighting at all.
-Blur effects used on the Grey Fox ninja are not working, he just flickers in and out.

I've only gotten to the point where I have to contact Meryl, but that's what I've found so far. I have opengl installed but get the same results with that loaded or not. The game looks great with it on, by the way, so far this is a great emulator!

gillan_06
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: xperia play

Postby gillan_06 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:00 pm

i'm onto psycho mantis and if i remember correctly you had to plug your pad into port 2 so how can i do this on my phone (if i can)

rubejb
Primary Device: Motorola Triumph

Postby rubejb » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:12 pm

gillan_06 wrote:i'm onto psycho mantis and if i remember correctly you had to plug your pad into port 2 so how can i do this on my phone (if i can)

I was trying to find how to change controller ports and I don't believe you can.

However, there is an alternate way to defeat him, which I used on my phone. I think you might have to die once to him and continue, and at some point Campbell will call you and tell you to shoot the statues. There are two statues, one in the upper left and one in the upper right corner of the room. Destroy them and then you can fight him without needing to switch ports.

I can't recall if he still remains invisible at this point, but if he does, use the infrared goggles to see him. I passed by them on my game so I had to fight him without them.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”