Fpse for Android News

Maguel
Primary Device: Droid X
ROM: Liberty 1.5

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Maguel » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:53 pm

My save states for ff7 are not working; fpse immediately crashes when I try to load one. They were working previously but out of the blue, cause these crashes. The BIOS is loaded and recognized and the save states work for my other games.
Droid X
EDIT: They are now working, but fpse cannot tell the difference between savestates 1-5. Loading up any of the 5 loads only one save state. I have a directory set for them, but is there any folder I should choose in particular?
Last edited by Maguel on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gormie84
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S i-9000
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Voodoo 5 lagfix

Postby gormie84 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:54 pm

Multi touch problems (games that it tested)
with wipeout 1-2&3,ridge racer type 4, ace combat 2&3,
soviet & nuclear strike, legacy of kain...
All for now gota try colony wars 1&2, gran turismo 2
mayb a few more in the next few days also major
graphical glitches in ace combat series (texture breakup)

Samsung Galaxy S 2.2.1 voodoo 5 lagfix

whatevaUsay
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.5.x
ROM: ♠Duttys™ HD2 V14♠

Postby whatevaUsay » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:59 pm

Moli wrote:
L1ber.t wrote:
schtruck wrote:guyes, can i have more details on your sticky buttons problem? the game u use, which device, which rom version, which orientation etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5dtLTOacNM - in this video, I showed the problem with multitouch.

Exactly this is the bug. thanks

Yeah, same here. EXCEPT that I haven't got the "sticky-keys" problem, just that the multi-touch sometimes refuses to work.

HD2, darkstone SuperRAM FroYo v1.5

Crash Bandicoot Warped, CMR 02, Driver 2. It seems to be fine in Tekken 3, but I probably just haven't noticed, because it's a fighting game and I don't keep any buttons pressed for long. Also it only happens when in landscape mode, works like a charm in portrait.
Last edited by whatevaUsay on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The user-bar I made. Use it on every forum you're on with a link to fpsece.net.

Moli
Primary Device: SGS
ROM: Froyo 2.2.1 JPY

Postby Moli » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Ti3noU wrote:
schtruck wrote:guyes, can i have more details on your sticky buttons problem? the game u use, which device, which rom version, which orientation etc...

The games : Wipeout 3 NTSC

Hey, in that format as you are running? music work for you? or just the effects? I'm trying to bin, cue, cc, but not the music sounds, and the first race, passing through the line of neon lightning freezes with a tremendous noise, completely freezes

I have spu powered audio, and this problem=, in psx4droid works fine with audio, it is curious

Other game problems
In Road Rash graphics problems, and wipeout2 the asphalt is of purple colour

Serph
Primary Device: Orange Boston
ROM: Firetrap JellyBean 2.2.1

Postby Serph » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:21 pm

phrozen087 wrote:
Serph wrote:First of all, congratulations schtruck for your wonderful work with this emu, it's awesome to be able to play PSX games on my little Boston.

I just have one question, ¿is there any tutorial for PocketISO? Because I tried to rip some games and none of them worked on the emu later.

With normal compression, I just got black screen, and with maximum compression, the games didn't even appear on the list.

What can I do to make them work? Non compressed ISO's work fine.

You are probably only copying the .Z file to your card. I figured this out through trial and error.

Basically:
1) You load the file in pocketiso
2) Analyze it (use normal compression setting for best results is what I hear)
3) Process the iso
4) Now copy both the new MYISO.ISO.Z file and the MYISO.ISO.TABLE file to your SD card (leave them in the same folder like you would a .bin/.cue).
4*) I don't know if it makes a difference but I then renamed mine to MYISO.Z and MYISO.Z.TABLE
5) Only the .Z will show up in the emulator, select it to run it and it will load normally.

It works! Thank you so much!

spl23
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire HD
Operating System: Android

Postby spl23 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:27 pm

There is a serious problem with the Multitouch. Please, solve the problem HTD Desire HD :cry:

Ti3noU
Primary Device: HD2 1.3GHz /GT- i9000 1.54GHz
ROM: CM7.2 / Android 2.3.7 - CM9 / Android 4.0.3

Postby Ti3noU » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Moli wrote:
Ti3noU wrote:The games : Wipeout 3 NTSC

Hey, in that format as you are running? music work for you? or just the effects? I'm trying to bin, cue, cc, but not the music sounds, and the first race, passing through the line of neon lightning freezes with a tremendous noise, completely freezes

I have spu powered audio, and this problem=, in psx4droid works fine with audio, it is curious

I'm running it in .Z format (PocketIso 3.2 used) without SPU Sync, it's the special edition, and since I ripped the music (and other things like intro video etc., down to 45MB) I can't say if it works or not, but without them (so only sound effects) it works great, except for this button lock issue.

max3000

Postby max3000 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:39 pm

max3000 wrote:schtruck:

After the latest update I lost my FFIX savestate.

Also, there's an issue in FFIX where the 3d environments run at full speed but menus make it slow down by 50%.

*EDIT*
Now the menus don't crash but it doesn't save the disabled overlay in touchscreen as well as boost mode.
Also the audio in FFIX cutscenes skips a little.

I'm running a motorola milestone OC'd to 900mhz running cyanogenmod 6.

Also two questions:
Do phones with 2.3 gingerbread run FPSE smoother because of the better GPU API?

And, which ROM format is the best for performance and compatibility? .ISO? .bin/cue?

Bumping this for schtruck. Please answer! :)

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Postby D69K » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:39 pm

tgwaste wrote:Cons
o Game compatibility seems to be the same as psx4droid.
o No key assignments for quick load/save
o Can not exit load/save menu without scrolling all the way to the bottom and hitting cancel.
o Mp3/CDMA Music doesn't play in wipe-out games.
o The UI is horrible. It seems like you're trying to reinvent the wheel here instead of sticking to android-like styles.
You can see the difference in this images.. the bottom one is way more clean:
http://www.droidsite.net/psx.png
o Multitouch is very broken.
o Have to exit the program to load another game. Seems FPSECE has always had this problem.
o Load/Save menu should be bigger and have screen shots.

sorry to interrupt but

- I cannot believe you are actually saying that !! the most important feature of FPSE is it's HUGE compatibility !!
have you tried games other then wipe out ?? cause every game i tried is PERFECT !!

- This could be good i suggested this idea a year ago with FpseCE :) it is really nice and saves a lot of time !!

- TRUE but Schtruck said that it is not possible and i believe in his SUPER programming talent :)

- I have to go with Schtruck on this one CDDA is far better in quality and speed the only problem is the size ..

- Yes it is not very EYE CANDY but i'm sure that Schtruck was busy coding :) let's wait for LeSScro to make some good looking UI

- YES it is very BROKEN sometimes it sticks and sometimes it freezes and sometimes it just gives random presses everywhere ..
i think the problem is that Schtruck used an HD2 to test and we know that HD2 had a really bad Multitouch so it may work good in HD2 but in other devices that actually has good multitouch like Desire HD and Samsung Galaxy S it still need fixes ..

see these videos of multitouch tests on HD2 and DHD
DHD
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... +test&aq=f
HD2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SNbMO5l ... re=related

- NO you can change the game if you just use the eject button then reset after choosing the iso image you want (but the question is does it load the configuration file (cfg) of the new game or the old game ?? i have to test more)
- YES really annoying !!
- and about the volume buttons i suggest using them like PSX4Droid:
when not mapped it does increese and decreese the volume but when mapped can use it only when you are on the menu !!

I'm still doing some tests i'll give my feedback when i finish testing but so far it is BY FAR THE BEST EMULATOR EVER MADE[/quote]

oh BTW running on my DHD 2.2.1 Android Revolution 2.0.11
Last edited by D69K on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

dapsaille
Primary Device: HTC DESIRE
Operating System: Android
ROM: MIUI Always Latest

Postby dapsaille » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:41 pm

It seems that you will get a lot of bug returns, do you plan to provide a bugtracker framework ?

It could be really cool.

I just want to inform you that your menu don't work with MIUI rom.

Also, i've specified a bios and restarted emulator but i cannot save or load games, it tell me only in bios mode ...

EDIT = Solved, my dump was bad, now my bios is ok.

How can i fix this please ?

Bon courage pour les session debug ;)
Last edited by dapsaille on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “News”