schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:19 pm

tgwaste wrote:Cons
o Game compatibility seems to be the same as psx4droid.
o No key assignments for quick load/save
o Can not exit load/save menu without scrolling all the way to the bottom and hitting cancel.
o Mp3/CDMA Music doesn't play in wipe-out games.
o The UI is horrible. It seems like you're trying to reinvent the wheel here instead of sticking to android-like styles.
You can see the difference in this images.. the bottom one is way more clean:
http://www.droidsite.net/psx.png
o Multitouch is very broken.
o Have to exit the program to load another game. Seems FPSECE has always had this problem.
o Load/Save menu should be bigger and have screen shots.

- Game compatibility is far bigger , believe me, people doesn't try SPUSync which grow compatibility to high level...
- Key assignement for quick saveload can be done
- Exit from Dialog using Back button isn't catched, an Android bug....
- MP3 doesn't work because we aren't 3 years ago, today Flashcard are big, and playing CDDA is far faster than playing MP3.
- Good design for you UI
- Multitouch broken? i need more detail.... coz on my HD2 and with my android build it's perfect
- You can load a new game without Exiting, the Eject button let you change CD with Multiple Game, Restarting will run the new CD .... like a true PSX.
- Load/Save menu will push you to scroll more if it's bigger to catch the Cancel button...
- Volume Key control the Volume, but in game NO just because you can map those button to play to a cars game...
But Volume key works once you push the Menu button.
if you have problems with .cue files, just list games.

vnes1984
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Operating System: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby vnes1984 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:21 pm

schtruck wrote:guyes, can i have more details on your sticky buttons problem? the game u use, which device, which rom version, which orientation etc...

Every game I tried. HTC Wildfire 2.2. Landscape mode. For example, I press up once in Crash Bandicoot 1 and he will go straight for like 5 seconds. Multi-touch doesn't work either. Great visuals but it's impossible for me to play

Azerty16

Postby Azerty16 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:26 pm

vnes1984 wrote:
schtruck wrote:guyes, can i have more details on your sticky buttons problem? the game u use, which device, which rom version, which orientation etc...

Every game I tried. HTC Wildfire 2.2. Landscape mode. For example, I press up once in Crash Bandicoot 1 and he will go straight for like 5 seconds. Multi-touch doesn't work either. Great visuals but it's impossible for me to play

Exactly same for me on Spyro, Crash Team Racing and Crash Bandicoot!

speedcoc
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s

Postby speedcoc » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:28 pm

vnes1984 wrote:

+1 galaxy s. Tekken 3, NFS PORSHE, GTR2, Crash Bandicoot...

tgwaste

Postby tgwaste » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:32 pm

- Game compatibility is far bigger , believe me, people doesn't try SPUSync which grow compatibility to high level...
> I will try this

- Key assignement for quick saveload can be done
- Exit from Dialog using Back button isn't catched, an Android bug....
> come on.. cant blame android for that. works on every single other application!

- MP3 doesn't work because we aren't 3 years ago, today Flashcard are big, and playing CDDA is far faster than playing MP3.
> sorry, i meant CDDA.

- Good design for you UI
- Multitouch broken? i need more detail.... coz on my HD2 and with my android build it's perfect
> are you using the fake multitouch method? the one where it looks at the point inbetween the key presses? these game pads look awefully familier (like the old mutli emulator on winmo for nes, snes, etc. cant think of the name off the top of my head).

- You can load a new game without Exiting, the Eject button let you change CD with Multiple Game, Restarting will run the new CD .... like a true PSX.
> OK

- Load/Save menu will push you to scroll more if it's bigger to catch the Cancel button...
> This dialog box should recognize the back button and exit it !

- Volume Key control the Volume, but in game NO just because you can map those button to play to a cars game...
But Volume key works once you push the Menu button.
> if the button isnt mapped it should be used for its default function of volume control.

if you have problems with .cue files, just list games.
> wipeout 1 bin/cue wipeout 2 bin/cue
I can supply them if you would like.
-tgwaste

Moli
Primary Device: SGS
ROM: Froyo 2.2.1 JPY

Postby Moli » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:35 pm

vnes1984 wrote:

accurate, if keeping a button, when pressed another (multitouch) the second button (usually direction to control the character) stays down pressed for seconds or even all the time, and only be overturned when you release all the buttons on the screen .

can not play with this problem multitouch, encambio if you set a hardkey button, and play only with one touch button in the screen, there is no problem

so is a problem with multitouch, pressing 2 or more at a time, there is any conflict between them.

this problems in all games, and landscape or potrail mode, and test any button configs dpad, analog etc, is this problem=

galaxy s 2.2.1 froyo

Ti3noU
Primary Device: HD2 1.3GHz /GT- i9000 1.54GHz
ROM: CM7.2 / Android 2.3.7 - CM9 / Android 4.0.3

Postby Ti3noU » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:35 pm

The games : Wipeout 3 NTSC and Gran Turismo 2 PAL (I only tried these two games so far).

The devices/roms : - HTC HD2 (Nand HyperDroid GBX 4.0, 2.3.2);
- Galaxy S i9000 (Doc's rom 9.6.x JS5, 2.2.1).

Happens on landscape. Left or right doesn't change anything. Did not test on portrait since I found it unusable.
The problem is present with the G-sensor mode too, and it's maybe even worse (when you turn, the direction is locked in this direction for some seconds, and nothing unlocks it).
It seems to be greatly improved by using the slide feature, but it's not precise enough (too sensitive ?) to play correctly.

It's the biggest problem so far for me (buggy sound won't prevent me to play), the menus works perfectly fine since first release on both devices.
Last edited by Ti3noU on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L1ber.t
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire HD

Postby L1ber.t » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:37 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5dtLTOacNM - in this video, I showed the problem with multitouch.

Moli
Primary Device: SGS
ROM: Froyo 2.2.1 JPY

Postby Moli » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:42 pm

L1ber.t wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5dtLTOacNM - in this video, I showed the problem with multitouch.

Exactly this is the bug. thanks

fpse jin
Primary Device: HTC Evo

Postby fpse jin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Listen Schtruck, I hope you get to read this while sorting through all the comments about the bugs, I just wanted to say you're the f'in man. I wake up, open market, update fpse, and the menu bug is fixed. So I'm just saying thanks, this app is a great purchase. Way to go, bud.

Return to “News”