Sorry for my English.

snowboy
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: huawei U8230
Operating System: CM 6 (android 2.2)

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby snowboy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:32 pm

hi all !
huawei U8230, android 2.2 ( cyanogen mod 6- custom). cpu 528mhz armv6 .fpse worked! Driver 2 (RIP) slow fps (( Schtruck i know huawei U8230 slow device, but you adaptation fpse for armv6. really speed up work fpse for armv6 ?
thank you for this work!
P.S. sorry for my english, i am russian ))))

RippeR
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S I9000 @1.3GHz
Operating System: Had TouchHD (6.1)
ROM: Stock/Coocked

Postby RippeR » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Am I the only person on SGS which complain about mutlitouch support? It just works v. bad, not playable in many games becouse of it.
The issue is that if u hold one button, and try to touch/hold difrent it works randomly. For a sec, for 5secs after you let go your finger or nothing will happen.

:| If not that, app is great :) V. good performance ;) You should add FPS counter and we could do some benchmarking ;]

slanseith
Primary Device: HD2-Android DarkStone V3 (SD)
Operating System: Win 6.5 (5.2.21864)
ROM: 1.66

Postby slanseith » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:39 pm

hi !
i get Fpse android yesterday and i've got some problems with it :
- fpse crash everytime i wan't to go to the onscreen pad change
i'm on HD2 with Android Froyo Dual Boot. i saw that FrenchAddict got this problem too but how can i solve it
without change all my release of android ?
- all my save on memory card of fpseCE worked fine exept for FF7 (3rd CD) when i want to load it,
it say "Fichier Détruit" (sorry in french).

great works for this release So much better than Psx4droid :roll:

Serph
Primary Device: Orange Boston
ROM: Firetrap JellyBean 2.2.1

Postby Serph » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:40 pm

First of all, congratulations schtruck for your wonderful work with this emu, it's awesome to be able to play PSX games on my little Boston.

I just have one question, ¿is there any tutorial for PocketISO? Because I tried to rip some games and none of them worked on the emu later.

With normal compression, I just got black screen, and with maximum compression, the games didn't even appear on the list.

What can I do to make them work? Non compressed ISO's work fine.

phrozen087
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: Liberty v1.5

Postby phrozen087 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:45 pm

xaviorffviii wrote:Droid X 2.2 Rooted at 1.3Ghz

FFIX

Problems so far

-FMVs / No sound, but video looks like it plays smoothly
-In-game sound effects / Off by about a quarter of a second
-With frame-skip "on" / In battle menus disappear (Something similar happens with frame-skip in FFVIII during intro with credits)
-Frame skip "on at 50" / Gameplay becomes rough around the edges as far as smoothness.

Unfortunately can't get the best of both worlds of smooth gameplay/sound, and nice visuals.
These are the settings I used to get good speed, and visuals when "allowed".

This is with HLE mode / off

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FFIX walking around "Outside of Battle"

spu sync / off
frame limiter / off
frame skip / 50
screen filtering / on
screen size / full screen (tried with 3/4 with no noticeable speed differences, so full screen is pref)

Works smoothly with sound and video (though there are missing frames because frame skip is on, and is noticeable, which I'm not thrilled about)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FFIX "In Battle"

Spu sync / off
frame limiter / on
frame skip / off or low
screen filtering / off
screen size / full screen (tried with 3/4 with no noticeable speed differences, so full screen is pref)

Works "alright", not great.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having to switch between settings for every battle is not ideal.
Not to mention in battle you have to drop the visuals a lot, and that makes it not that great to look at, or play.
Psx4droid v1.7 does better for FFIX "at the moment". I feel FPse will work better in the long run though. I just hope the updates come sooner than later!

I'm going to wait for updates to check FFVIII further, but I'm sure FPse works better for FFVIII since psx4droid had a LOT of problems.
-Dave

Hey I saw your post and thought it was a bit odd since I have a Droid 2 @ 1.1GHz with a completely different experience... maybe you have some settings wrong that is affecting you.

For me:
FFIX:
- Intro and FMVs play perfect with sound
- Inside and outside battle movement and controls are smooth and all video moves perfectly
- In the world (and FMVs) audio is working perfectly. I checked again after I read your post and everything was good. There is a very minor audio slowdown as battle first loads and if a very graphical spell is cast, but it general it is very very minor.
- Sound affects are usually right on, maybe at most off by about 1/8 of a second (and I only notice this in the menu when the game first loads and you choose load or new game).
- Also when using the BIOS everything (menus, etc) appears perfectly. If you accidentally use HLE mode things start to vanish and I had lots of issues.

My settings:
Bios: scph1001.bin
Enable: Mdec, Gte, Fast boot
Disable: HLE, Boost
SPU Sync: Enabled
Video: Framelimiter on, no frameskip, no screen filtering, fullscreen
Input: Hardware map L1/R1 and start (only things you need besides the dpad and main 4 buttons, I suggest volume for L1/R1 and camera for start) and only display the dpad and 4 buttons as virtual. Displaying all the buttons will slow you down considerably more and I do notice some lag, but with this setup it is very minor. Also do NOT enable the sliding modes as this seemed to hurt my rates also.

I can also check on other settings if you would like, but my experience was much better than yours and our phones are really identical save one has a keyboard and the other does not (and you are OC'd faster than me) so if anything you should have slightly better performance. Let me know if this helps!

phrozen087
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: Liberty v1.5

Postby phrozen087 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Serph wrote:First of all, congratulations schtruck for your wonderful work with this emu, it's awesome to be able to play PSX games on my little Boston.

I just have one question, ¿is there any tutorial for PocketISO? Because I tried to rip some games and none of them worked on the emu later.

With normal compression, I just got black screen, and with maximum compression, the games didn't even appear on the list.

What can I do to make them work? Non compressed ISO's work fine.

You are probably only copying the .Z file to your card. I figured this out through trial and error.

Basically:
1) You load the file in pocketiso
2) Analyze it (use normal compression setting for best results is what I hear)
3) Process the iso
4) Now copy both the new MYISO.ISO.Z file and the MYISO.ISO.TABLE file to your SD card (leave them in the same folder like you would a .bin/.cue).
4*) I don't know if it makes a difference but I then renamed mine to MYISO.Z and MYISO.Z.TABLE
5) Only the .Z will show up in the emulator, select it to run it and it will load normally.
Last edited by phrozen087 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sevenup30
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC DESIRE HD
ROM: LeeDroid 2.0

Postby sevenup30 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:05 pm

schtruck wrote:MGS need SPUSync in audio menu. it will work perfectly.

You're right, MGS on my phone :shock: you are a genius!

LeSScro
Primary Device: OneX
ROM: maXimus

Postby LeSScro » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Please, if you find a working configuration, share with communauty...
Maybe i can edit a list and configuration for specific device on Website... like a table...

Return to “News”