Fpse for Android News

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:38 pm

whatevaUsay wrote:Hey, is it even possible to set multi-keys and g-sensor? Or am I missing something?

I've tried multi-keys with no joy.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

hungle2t
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung GT I9000

Postby hungle2t » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:46 pm

This is the first app I have EVER paid for from marketplace,

I have read a few posts of people with Galaxy S devices who have it working, but my GT I9000 (Vibrant) Just boots me back to my home screen when I try to load the scph1001.bin, so I am a little dissapointed as my 15 minutes is up, help?

mirnuj_atom
Primary Device: lg gt540

Postby mirnuj_atom » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:47 pm

hungle2t wrote:This is the first app I have EVER paid for from marketplace,

I have read a few posts of people with Galaxy S devices who have it working, but my GT I9000 (Vibrant) Just boots me back to my home screen when I try to load the scph1001.bin, so I am a little dissapointed as my 15 minutes is up, help?

Try to load the game first, you'll see if it works at all, then choose a bios image.

hungle2t
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung GT I9000

Postby hungle2t » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:53 pm

Same thing, try to load the game.bin and it kicks me to home screen again

xenkw0n
Primary Device: HTC Incredible

Postby xenkw0n » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:02 pm

The game is working almost flawlessly for me with my HTC Incredible.

FFVIII, Framelimiter on w/ Frameskip set to 30... And all overlays on, spusync off, landscape mode.

Also, anyone who previously used psx4droid and used the emulated 'memory card' can simply rename the .mcr file to .mcd and locate the memory card file in Fpse settings... worked for me at least.

Pajankle
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC EVO 4G

Postby Pajankle » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:06 pm

Memory Card Help (Tips):

http://moberg-dybdal.dk/psxge/

*Scroll down to the bottom to download the memory card converter program.

Coming from psx4droid I was worried that my saves would not convert over to fpse. Using the program mentioned above, it is extremely simple. Run the program, open the "mcd001.mcr" or "mcd002.mcr" file that you obtained from your ".psx4droid" extension on your sd card, and it should display individual game saves (listed). Now the simple part: File - Save As. Change the file type to "mcd" and save (I chose to keep the same name "mcd001"). Now you can create a "Saves" folder within your "FPSE" or "PSX" extension or where ever you keep your roms and can place these newly created mcd files into it. Run FPSE on your phone, start a game, hit settings, system settings, scroll down to your memory cards, click it, then lead it to the corresponding memory card save you just put on your sd card (Hint: in the "Saves" folder ;) ). Do this with both cards and then be sure to save your config settings so it always connects these extensions. Load your game and load your save!

*EDIT* Confirmed above is that you can simply rename the old psx4droid memory card files and it will work. Or you can do it this long way lol. Maybe this converter will help others though.

I've been following (lurking in the shadows lol) updates for this emulator since "Justin" first posted over on the androidemu.com forums. Great app and can only get better! Remember, this is day one and it's already better than that other emulator ;)

rianshima
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: driod 2 global

Postby rianshima » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:15 pm

Just wanted to say amazing app so far, some slow downs here or there but overall im very happy
Im new to this program so I was wondering something about the save states.

When you make a save state it would be cool if it made the name of the game or something in the slot you saved it to. It just remains as the word Save state slot 1

Anyways keep up the awesome work
Glad I purchased.

linxbek
Primary Device: Galaxy S

Postby linxbek » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:19 pm

i have same problem here (galaxy s)/ There is no way to save another bios exept default. So i cant save and load games.
I even tryied to start game first, than i choose system-bios. after i select bios it reqires to reboot emu. after that i still see default options with old bios.
Or sometimes the game just dont start (after changing bios)that к crashing.after that i see default bios again....I have tryied more than 10 games.

xenkw0n
Primary Device: HTC Incredible

Postby xenkw0n » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:22 pm

Yeah I was surprised no one posted about the memory card file extensions yet. I didn't try pajankle's app but I have tried simply renaming them. Seems to just be an extension difference... it works. Rename to .mcd

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:24 pm

multikey is actually disabled, cause not finished. will be activated in somes days.

About the Loadbios problem, Set to Default config, and other problems everything is related to One bug into Android APIve with AlertBox.

I will update FPse within one or two hours and will replace Alertbox by other stuff... you won't have crash anymore.

Return to “News”