View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Help stupid to set multikeys 

Primary Device: HTC HD2
Post Help stupid to set multikeys
For some reason or another I can't set any multikey. For example GTA2 needs R2 to fire so i wan't to set it to square so from settings I click multi and so I see like 7 different multikey "pages", what next? From page 1 I check square and R2 green? I even tried to set it with onscreen keys and that didn't work unless on portrait mode which I read somewhere is to be normal.

So, what am I doing wrong... ?
I'm such a hand.. and didn't find the answer from manuals, google or even youtube.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:03 pm
Enthusiast

Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.5.x
ROM: ♠Duttys™ HD2 V14♠
Post Re: Help stupid to set multikeys
Aw, you're such a n00b (no offence intended) :P

Ok, so you go to Settings -> Multi-keys. There are 8 multi-keys in total! (not pages). So when you press the button 1, it means you're selecting multi-key 1. After you tap the multi-key number, you can select which button actions (X, trinagle, square, up, down etc.) will be executed. Select the buttons you wish to bind to the multi-key, so the little checkboxes are GREEN. The rest should be left GREY, so they're not enabled. Then go back to on-screen key menu. And simply scroll to the multi-key you just set up.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:26 pm

I am as n00b as they come..:)

Ok, I bind multikey nro 1 to be square and R2 and from the onscreen keys I select the location from the grid and place it on top of the PAD? If I select only the R2 it doesnt't work even though R2 alone should be the button to fire....
It doesn't work on top of the PAD so does it mean I need to set triangle, square, circle and so on with the grid and I can't use the supporters cool PS1 look-alike PAD?
Can I set it so that pressing square from the look-alike PAD it uses the multikey nro 1 bind.

Setting a different square from the on screen keys with the bind nro1 works only when not on top of the look-alike PAD.

My explanation is confusing so I hope u get what I mean.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:32 pm
Enthusiast

What's a look-alike PAD? You mean D-Pad, the thingy with controls you can move from bottom to top of the screen and change it's opacity? Then no- you're not supposed to put anything on top of it. Multi-key works as a button by itself. Like when you put a Start button on the screen, you put the Multikey #1 on the screen the same way. Multi-keys are not additions to the other keys, they are buttons by themselves.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:38 pm

Yes, by look-alike I ment D-PAD. Ok so I need to try different locations to put it.. The more buttons layed out on the screen the harder it makes to see where I need to go. There is no way to change fire from R2 to a different button from the game it self? From menus I didn't see any way to do it. Its kinda shame 'cause of the four buttons I have to use for different action one is without any use...

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:46 pm
Enthusiast

Then don't use the D-Pad and set up separate buttons.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:53 pm

And just as said it I found a way to change keys from the MAIN menu... from the game menu u can't change it. So problem solved and I got the fire button changed to square. Resident Evil I have the same problem and if I remember correctly in that game I can't change buttons... which sounds odd... I need to verify that.

But thx for the effort! Loving these games and found my self playing these PS1 games from 4.3 inch display in my living room... at 2011..:) surrounded by modern day entertainment system...:)

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]