View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 game wont load past opening credits (blackscreen) 

Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: 3.14
Post Re: game wont load past opening credits (blackscreen)
will see if i can find another image to try. and i thought the reason game files were compressed was due to them being too large for the device. so after ive ripped the game disc how would i go about creating an image of the game without compressing it? can i use pocket iso for that? excuse me if thats an obvious question but im on my phone and wont be at my computer until tomorrow morning

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:13 pm
Addict

Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Virtuous Inquisition 4.0.1
The game image can 'simply be' a iso, bin/cue and some other common filetypes.

Ideas that come to mind;
[1] Just extravagating on earlyer comments; it cannot be stressed enough that the free version and payed version no longer work together (at this point anyway, im very sure they will again in the future) so make sure you remove everything FPSECE related before installing the supporter version.

[2] Also, the order in which the install packages are mentioned in the email u got, you should always install in the same order.

[3] A last thing i could think of, when u reinstalled all again, and it still wont work, you might want to have a look at gameslist.ini in the fpsece directory, theres a slight chance that your rip of your original disc actually works different then say a us/eu/jap version already listed in gameslist.ini, look trough it and remove any grand tourismo related lines.

[4] Still not working?? time to look for a grand turismo thread in this part of the forum: http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewforum.php?f=35 (or make one when it doesnt exists)

Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:34 pm

ok. one last go. i'll look through the entire phone and remove everything. ive got the core/skins and program on my sd card so i can re-install quickly. if that doesnt work i'll see if i can find a copy of a game online to try. im beginning to think ive wasted my time with this. lets hope not.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:20 pm

ive uninstalled the program, core, skins. deleted the fpsece log, deleted any quicklinks and the psone games folder. is that everything or does this ini file appear somewhere else as im not sure what you mean by the 'fpsece directory'

thanks

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:57 pm
Guru

Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie
/program fiels/fpsece 0.10
thats the FPSEce directory or soemthing like this, just uninstal FPSEce and then delete this folder =)

HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:40 pm

still cant get this to work. ive had to resort to downloading an iso as i have no other games to rip. this is a .7z file. no idea if it is compatable but it shows in the fpsece load screen and loads past the playstation splash screen and into the scee splash but no further. ive also tried deleting the files within the cfg folder again but still no joy. i must be doing somthing wrong here.. im pretty disatisfied so far as ive obviously donated but got nothing working except the trial version. anyone fancy clearing this mess up for me?

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:12 pm

another thing i dont understand is (and i know its not the right way to do it) but all the psone games you can download all have more than 1 file. part 1 part 2 etc etc some have 5+. what do you do with all these if you choose to download that game? have all 5+ files in the fpsece folder?

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:33 pm
Enthusiast

Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.5.x
ROM: ♠Duttys™ HD2 V14♠
Are you talking about .rar files? If so, just right-click on one of those files and click on "extract here". You will then have the image.
You have to have WinRAR, 7Zip or similar software installed.

Files are zipped like this, because if there is something wrong with the download and something gets corrupted, you don't have to download the whole thing again, just the single corrupt file.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:54 pm

yea ive got winrar on my pc. i downloaded a tekken 3 file and put that on my phone. that failed as well. anyone in the south of the uk fancy having my phone for the day as i cant be bothered to waste anymore time and seems like ive wasted a donation.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:38 pm
Enthusiast

Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.5.x
ROM: ♠Duttys™ HD2 V14♠
Was the file .bin or .iso? Because I think that those are the only extensions working, as I tried .mdf and it wasn't recognised.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next