View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Multi-touch issues 
Guru

Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie
Post Re: Multi-touch issues
Man you are complaining in the wrong forum. You should go complain to fTouchSL developers. It's most probably them doing something wrong. In worse case scenario, the fTouchSL and FPSEce Multitouch hack uses the same thing and wont work both at the same time.

HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:48 am

KowboyBebop wrote:
Man you are complaining in the wrong forum. You should go complain to fTouchSL developers. It's most probably them doing something wrong. In worse case scenario, the fTouchSL and FPSEce Multitouch hack uses the same thing and wont work both at the same time.

I'm sorry if I came across as complaining, but i was just asking a question to see if other people had this issue, and whether a workaround was found. I would've figured that since ftouch was such a common program, others here would've run into the same problem

In snooping around, I found that the driver dll used by ftouch is not compatible with fpsece. Likely they did not program multi-touch into their program as it is not meant to be used solely on the HD2. I wrote two different mortscripts that allow me to apply a registry hack to toggle between the ftouch dll and the default touch.dll as the touchscreen driver -- those with similar issues can pm me if required.

I'll bring up this issue with ftouch....

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:06 am
Guru

That sounds great. Maybe you should post it in the "Download" section. Might be useful for others who do not view this topic =)

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:39 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
...and maybe this could help people with the auto alignment problem, if the touch.dll is responsible

Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:34 pm
Profile WWW

i900frenchaddict wrote:
...and maybe this could help people with the auto alignment problem, if the touch.dll is responsible

Nono...restoring the driver to touch.dll fixes the issue of no multitouch.

ftouchsl.dll doesn't support multitouch, and when you install it, it creates a registry key to tell the pda to use that dll as the touch driver, rendering fpsece unable to do multitouch. This has nothing to do with the auto-alignment problem (at least I don't think so anyways)

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:35 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
Sorry, I did not read your first post correctly.

But I didn't think it was "so easy" to switch from one touchdriver to another without at least rebooting, and without having other issues, this is a good point to know.

And so, do you get multitouch again when switching to regular touch.dll?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:39 pm
Profile WWW

Primary Device: HD2
Operating System: WM6.5.3.9
ROM: daily
Is multitouch working for someone while using onscreen analog stick?

Multitouch is working perfect on my HD2 except the onscreen analog sticks. I can only use one analog stick at the same time and could not press any other onscreen button while pressing or moving an analog stick. If there is a left an a right onscreen stick i move the left icon with the right stick and the right icon with the left stick.

Last edited by aSiD1712 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:31 am
Guru

Well it was said to work, but it sure doesnt for me. When I press any Overlay it light ups, and resets analog overlay into default. To sum it up. It can multitouch, but when you press any overlay, your analog wil lbe centered. Pretty unusable for most games. But I use analog only for PE and there it doesnt matter

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:05 pm

Primary Device: HD2
Operating System: WM6.5.3.9
ROM: daily
Would be nice to get both onscreen analog sticks working at same time on multitouch phones. And would be nice if the analog stick input size could be adjusted to get a larger, more precise field for finger movement. Maybe it is possible to set up some optimized overlay pads like the racing pad or the other ones but with analog sticks.

I am interested to do this and I am professional Photoshop Artist and could easy do the artwork and have some plans and ideas to improve the current skins and overlays.

But is there any rare dukomentation about possible commands and settings in inis and whereever else, useable image and icon file type and hidden options for whatever. I will lock in the skin ini and input files but it would be better to know what I do. By simple example somewhere in the 160 pages Newstheread are some words about the new Release_Time. But it is not clearly explayned and i can´t find any words somewhere else, so it is not possible to be sure what is the possible range and scale, what exactly is affected (only onscreen or onscreen+Sensor or onscreen, hardware keys + whatever).

If I will ask, you will help as you can and it will be written anywhere in any thread again and the next asking users will need luck to find this helpfull but maybe still not complete information. Most in inis is self explayning but not everything and nothing sure, always try and error. Maybe best way to is someone realy knowing takes a complete ini and writes short comment to every line. Maybe it is possible for Fpsece to write a comment to each line forever in every ini. Schtruck you maybe could just add a small Comment witch is automatic written to the ini. Are alle possible commands automatic written in the inis now? Or could there be unknown commands I will never see? I know Fpsece is Schtruck and he/you is working so much and changing so fast it is very hard to keep it nice documented. I think the supporters should do the doku but at the moment I think the only one who can realy complete do it is Schtruck, please correct me if I am wrong. If all inis all commented, most questions could be answered by "look in Fpsece.ini" or better it just creates a link called "Fpsece Settings" at setup, so users finds ini themselve and no more questions will be asked(lol). It would realy make most things much more easyer and I think that is the must important thing to improve, even more important than openGL plugin and belive me, I cant wait to test it maybe someday. Maybe there are already most comments in source code? If this(comments) would be done, someone could easy do a nice complete doku with screenshots and everything. Changes only needs to bee updated but this is no problem, maybe just with infos the neews thread. I could do the doku if there are comments for each command. And I could easy create some Skins using all features in a clean, easy way. As it is now I could look in actual pads and inis and I would be able to change it and get it running at the end but I would never be sure if there are maybe better ways or setings or whatever or even what I am exactly doing...

Later if things are no more changing so fast becouse everything is perfect and Schtruck is working on Fpsiiece now, some editors for inis or Skins could be easy done.

I looked in the Tools Thread and as it was empty I tryed to add all helpfull tools I know but it was locked for me. I whish there was a thread with all helpfull tools at my first Fpsece days or even now. I have never seen

For a long time I am very good and sucsessfull in telling programmers what to do.
Sorry if I come as noob and tell everyone what is going wrong and should be improved (I think nothing is going wrong, it is just growing and getting better). I only see it with child´s eyes and want to help making Fpsece better and as I understood this project it is working this way.

Fpsece is

I noticed stil a delay on all inputs. Worst on G-Sensor. Could this be changed? There should be no delay an all input options, on fast high end phones with multitouch, G-Sensor, some hardware keys AND bluetooth there seems to be no reason for any delay and it is less useable. On slower phones without multitouch, delay could help with some games but for me on my HD2 all input modes should be faster as lightning.

THX for reading my little multitouch issues.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:19 am
Guru

Great, after reading that, my eyes hurts =/

So here's the deal. Go and download FpseCE v0.10.1 Documentation. Give it a read (fpse.ini is pretty much explained). Then look in my signature. See "FPSEce Complete How To Guide"? You migh as well look there for some infos you migh not known.

Release_Time is new command so there is no way anybody would document it right away. I'm quite sure it's made for HD2 multitouch. I dont know if it affects every phone. So what it does is simply keep pushing the onscreen key for XXXms after physical touch ended. I dont know the range, but it works with 001ms and setting it higher than 100ms would be foolish.

If you want to make icons, you just play with the images. If you want to make skins, you should see "artists corner" for useful programs and info.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next