View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Program freeze on startup 
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WiMo 6.5
ROM: 1.72.111.4 GER (Original T-Mobile)
Post Program freeze on startup
Hi!

I'm watching this forum and the evolution of FPSEce a couple of months now. A couple of weeks ago I finally got my new HD2 and one oth the first things I installed was FPSEce. But now I've got a problem, that I couldn't find a solution of using the search function or browsing through all kind of threads. Maybe you can help me.

First, some Info:
Device: HTC HD2
ROM Version: 1.72.111.4 GER (The original ROM delivered by T-Mobile)
FPSEce Version: 0.10.0 (Free)
Addons: FPSEcd HD2 Pack 5.1
PSX BIOS: scph1001

My Problem:
When I execute FPSEce I get the screent to select the ISO. After this screen (Doesn't matter if I load an ISO or not) the program freezes and leave a black bar with the FPSEce title in it at the top of the screen (The rest is back to my Today Screen). At this point I've lost control over the touch function, so I cant't restart the device but have to pull the battery.

What I've done:
I installed FPSEce 0.10.0 and the HD2 Pack 5.1 according to the manuals and tutorials provided in this forum and used the PSX BIOS version scph1001. After the realisation that I can't do anything to get FPSEce running on my own, I've searched not only this, but many other forums for a solution, but didn't find any related problem or even a solution.

I'm sorry if I missed some Information that you could need to get an overview over this problem. Please ask and I'll provide them.
I hope you guys can help me, and that this time the error is in front of the screen, not behind it. :?

Thanks in advice!
DK :roll:

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:10 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10
Post Re: Program freeze on startup
Isn't the .ini in Kowboys pack intended for supporters?
I don't know but I imagine it's a problem with fpse.ini rather than anything else.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:26 pm
Guru

Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie
Awesome! Finally someone that know how to ask a question (I even believe that you used the search feature).
So to the problem. As Phaedrus said my fpse.ini in my HD2 optimized pack is for supporter version only. Not only it have some settings that free version isnt aware they even exist, but have set overlays in such manner it would freeze your FPSEce. So the first solution would be to delete fpse.ini and any Game config files (also *.ini) in CFG folder. Try again launching it (it will recreate these fiels with default settings). I'm fairly sure that this will solve your problem.

About the state where your top bar is all black and touchscreen doesnt work, I too had it many times in past. As I recall it was BAD Overlay problem OR GFXDRV. Both should be set to default by deleting current config files (*.ini).
Have a nice day =)

HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:58 am
Fresh Fish

Thanks! I did it the easy way and just reinstalled FPSEce without your HD pack and now it works. I just need to configurate everything now. Thanks for your help again! ;)

EDIT:
Ok, it works! Thanks! I still have problems with the overlays but I think I'll manage that reading the tutorials and the forum. Thanks again for your help! :D

Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:36 pm
Guru

Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie
Glad to hear that. You can copy my pack over just dont overwrite fpse.ini (oO,). Now that you know it works I would like to recomend you donating. For 5€ you get many great things. Also after donation (or new free version being realeased 0.10.1) you can use my pack without worries =)

HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:29 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If more people took the route you did DarkKoushirou, this forum would be so much easier to maintain. If I take a hiatus from posting or moderating for a week or so, the whole thing has gone pear-shaped by the time I'm back.
You searched and did your own research, then when you did ask a question, it was plainly obvious what you'd done and wanted to do. And finally, you used the edit function, without me having to do it for you! :D
Props to you.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:26 am
Fresh Fish

@KowboyBebop:
Ah ok, I didn't try that. Nice tip, thanks!
Yeah, I thinking about donating. I really like this project, but I want to wait a couple of weeks, cos I know how fast I can loose interest in something. And IF I donate, then it sould be for actually using the supporter-version and giving you additional feedback. ;)

@CloudStrife86:
Well, thanks! Tech-support is part of my job, so I know how annoying support-tickets like "It just crashed, I didn't do anything!" (a.k.a. telepathic data interaction) can be. :roll:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]