View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 v0.10 Xperia X1 performance and configuration 
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
Post Re: v0.10 Xperia X1 performance and configuration
Who's making an argument about intelligence? If you mean
CloudStrife86 wrote:
Don't know why it's not working too clever for you

That isn't me taking your intelligence into account, it's just a turn of phrase. Read it as "I don't know why it's not performing so well". Sorry if you thought I was insulting you: I wasn't. :)
But on point, I also dislike things running slowly, but the games that I tried from your list run as I'd expect them to. Tekken and GT are slow (25-30 fps) but Chrono Trigger is quite good (45-50fps). They're all PAL versions.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:56 am

Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia x1
Operating System: 6.1
ROM: stock
Did you make some huge changes in your fpse.ini?
Maybe it isn't working so well because of free version(wich isn't so great as this new supporter version).
I wonder if in this new version will be a bigger support for X1.
For example Xperia has ATI chipset, maybe Schtruck could use it for FPSECE and the games will work better on our SEX1.
I use CT PAL version too and i've got only about 22FPS(of course without FS) :(

I want to ask you, Xperiancers about DVD quality running on X1. On SE Blog there was written "X1 could play a DVD quality and resolution on X1. When i want to play a .avi or .flv or other extension in TCPMP or CP it doesn't work so good. So why were they promising running this quality? Maybe i've got something in my phone, but after hard reset it was the same as before...

Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:11 pm
Global Moderator

Sorry it took so long for me to respond, I've been unable to get on the site for the last few days. It turns out whoever hacked the site, also changed my password.

Anyway,
Assasin wrote:
Did you make some huge changes in your fpse.ini?

My fpse.ini is getting tweaked all of the time. I'm constantly adjusting settings to try to maximise the performance of the games.
I'll post the one I'm using currently (pretty much the default I think, at the moment).

Assasin wrote:
Maybe it isn't working so well because of free version(wich isn't so great as this new supporter version).
I wonder if in this new version will be a bigger support for X1.

With regards to speed performance, you probably won't see a great difference between the current free version and the latest supporter version. For me personally, the early betas of 0.10 were the fastest. The newer releases, are a bit slower, but that is due, in the most part, to the addition of several new features. To be honest, I think, given the choice, I'd sooner have the majority of these features that the extra fps I used to get.

Assasin wrote:
I want to ask you, Xperiancers about DVD quality running on X1. On SE Blog there was written "X1 could play a DVD quality and resolution on X1. When i want to play a .avi or .flv or other extension in TCPMP or CP it doesn't work so good. So why were they promising running this quality? Maybe i've got something in my phone, but after hard reset it was the same as before...

The only video that I have had on my phone, besides ones I've recorded myself, is the Quantum of Solace trailer that was preloaded into it. The quality of that was outstanding. Picture and sound were both incredibly crisp and the movement was smoother than a Bruce Willis' scalp.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:41 am

Ok, thanks.
Can't wait to play on my X1 on FPSECE.
Maybe your new fpse.ini will work for me too

SE is a crazy company, they have made a phone wich can't play smoothly videos wich were recorded by this phone... I've tried to watch some DVD quality videos and they are at 75% "watchable"

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:08 am
Global Moderator

Oops, I forgot to attach the file at the end of my last post :oops:
Here it is:

Attachments:
fpse.zip [1.58 KiB]
Downloaded 197 times

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Hmmm... i used your fpse.ini and my performence isn't better :/
I've attached the video file when i play Chrono Trigger without FS.
Sorry for bad quality but phone wich i recorded the video has scratches on the camera glass.
It is about 20-25 FPS xp it is better than before, but still slow.

Attachments:
Chrono Trigger.rar [1.03 MiB]
Downloaded 131 times

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:12 pm
Global Moderator

I can't be arsed to read through all the previous posts again, so in case you already mentioned and I just forgot, why don't you use frameskip? You're right though, that is really slow. Chrono Trigger should definitely be faster than that, 'cause it's not exactly hardware-intensive.
Have you tried running a custom ROM and using FpseCE? I use a WM6.5 ROM at the moment, and I get better framerates generally, than I did on 6.1. It's also worth looking for a barebones ROM where the 'chef' didn't include any extra, unnecessary stuff with it.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:00 pm

I am still waiting for the good barebone 6.5 ROM.
So you see now how it looks on my X1...
I am so upset because of it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Using FS in CT makes some graphic issues, that's why i don't use that.
Could you make a video, how it looks on your phone?

Greetings.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:08 pm

I've tried FPSEce with many ROMs and it's just not playable. For me something under 40fps will never be playable. Even on FF7 (one of the fastest games) I barely get 30-40fps. What is difficult to understand is why there such a great difference between X1 and Omnia, which just have 100mhz+.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:34 pm

Yeah.
Can somebody tell why compatibility list tells that some games can be playable(30+ FPS) on slow devices 400MHz... X1 has got 528MHz and the games are working as a crap :(

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next