Descent 2

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
evo1rs
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC OneX
Operating System: android
ROM: Maximus v3.0

Descent 2

Postby evo1rs » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:25 am

Hi, i'm trying to run descent2 on fpsece 0.10, have only tried uncompressed as pocket iso (3.2) cant complete compression. but it gets stuck on the screen just before entering the game part, the screen should be a load of writing with a small rotating robot picture in the bottom corner. i'm guessing this is a video and why it wont run but as pocket iso doesnt work for this game i cant rip it out. is there anything i can try? ini settings or another compression tool? thanks, Dan.

evo1rs
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC OneX
Operating System: android
ROM: Maximus v3.0

Re: Descent 2

Postby evo1rs » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:18 pm

hi, yes I have tried lots of variables to try to get it to run including that, the screen has "press start to skip" and it does skip past if I press it repeatedly before it loads that screen. unfortunately it then crashes straight away. I don't know if its relavant but on the main menu the pad buttons (wvga skin) go white but are still useable.could it be a poor ISO copy? thanks.

I have been messing about with fpse.ini, i can get it to run a little further but I'm not sure what everything does. still can't get it playing yet. I've attatched some screenshots if there any help!
Attachments
CPU type 2 on.jpeg
this is the first screen with CPU 2 on hle off
CPU type 2 on.jpeg (74.86 KiB) Viewed 6256 times
CPU type 2 on. enable hle on..jpeg
this is the first screen with hle on and CPU 2 on
CPU type 2 on. enable hle on..jpeg (51.24 KiB) Viewed 6256 times
as far as it gets.jpeg
this is the frozen screen that is as far as I get
as far as it gets.jpeg (43.42 KiB) Viewed 6256 times

Return to “Game-Specific Help”