Final Fantasy VIII

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
Jet676
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: htc s740
Operating System: 6.1 standard
ROM: 256

help with triangle key in FFVIII

Postby Jet676 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:29 am

hi guys im using a htc s740. running fpseCE 1.0 and using virtual mouse instead of sphelper. after patching FFVIII I got it to run quiet smoothly. the only problem is the triangle button. it doesn't work. I tried changing it to other keys but it still doesn't work. any suggestions?

sagam12
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.5.3
ROM: Cooked Rom

Re: Final Fantasy VIII

Postby sagam12 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:06 pm

slanseith wrote:i'm testing FF8 on my HD 2 and i've got a lot of problems ....
i patched it with PPF

in the beginning when i go to Ifrit cave, in every fight screen, color is not red (volcano landscape) but blue and if i fight more than 1/2 min fpsece crash...
so i had to passed this cave on fpse
i almost noticed that the Squaresoft logo at game launching is not red but blue too ....

now i'm in the first war with Seifer leader (beginning too) when i reach the tower, selfie is coming with a video introducing her. again fpsece crash just before this video

i've tried a lot of things (other bios, change a lot of .ini setting, redo my iso ....) but can't resolve it ...

EDIT:
ok, i'Ve found why It crashed...
i put LastSPU=peopspu109.dll for better sound but some sound were like on loop
so i tried with RunSPUsync=on and sound turn really good so i kept it.
but it was because of RunSPUsync=on that fpsece crashed, i turn it off the Some sound turned loop again but fpsece stopped crashing.
so my question is :
is there a way to keep RunSPUsync=on without crash ??

Hi, i havn't patched my FF8 but i can still play it.

I do get that volcano in ifrits cave being a blueish purply colour

all the FMV's crash apart from the first two, i think the FMV's crash when you load state :S
someone really needs to fix this problem because i think that this game is not very playable with the save/load state function :S

please fix it someone!

Xortasch
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC TYTN II
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: cooked

Postby Xortasch » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:47 am

I had the same problem with the FMV when i loaded a state. i recognised the fmv don´t crash if you first start the game with new game and wait until the first fmv is starting and then load your state. No idea why that worked though.

I had also the blueish color in ifrits cave, but it made no influence to the game itself.

sagam12

Postby sagam12 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:15 pm

I've also noticed that when you load the game via memory card without loading state, the FMV do work and most FMV's play sound too but its a little choppy and laggy.

I don't think this game is playable even on the HTC HD 2 because when you go to Dollet Tower and you have to run from that machine boss, it chases you and in the battle you have to hold two buttons to escape but you cannot even run :S < I think this game is unplayable if you don't have multi touch working :(

I think maybe the multi touch needs to be improved on this emulator or maybe just on this game?

(I CAN RUN FROM BATTLES NOW, READ THE MULTI TOUCH ISSUES PAGE, IT REALLY WORKS!)

sagam12

Postby sagam12 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:44 am

Oh yeah i forgot about the multi key button lol!

this game runs alot better when its patched, i saved the game on epsxe and then loaded that memory card save
from fpsece and it worked alot better e.g. you can see the fmv's with sound and in the battle when you boost
with the GF's you can see the number :)

Hrvatska

Postby Hrvatska » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:30 pm

hey guys,

i need ur help. I'm on cd 3 right now, where rinoa and squall are on the ragnarok and are going to have a talk.
my issue is that this talk never starts, after squall types sth on the board computer, nothing happens after that. No black screen or sth. you just see rinoa standing in the background and squall sitting in the chair. What is confusing me is , that you can see the stars in the background passing the ship, so it seems that the game still runs , but as i mentioned it is not properly.

I am running it on a Tg01 Wm6.5 with the latest fpsece supporter version. I tried to change some stuff in the .cfg file (lazy update fix, buzy fix, changing bios etc. etc.) but nothing really helped.

Hope someone can help me

Best regards

Hrvatska

Postby Hrvatska » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:03 pm

CloudStrife86 wrote:I'm sure that's the bit when Squall turns off the gravity in the Ragnarok. I thought you were just meant to get out of the chair and go grab Rinoa. :?
If it's actually frozen, why not load your last save in ePSXe, get past that conversation, save, put it back on your phone?

wanted to see if there is a possibilty but there isn't. Tried almost everything.
Just gonna have to use epsxe to get over that.

Thank you

sagam12

Postby sagam12 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:27 pm

Yeah use epsxe to add cheats to the game :) you can then show your friends that you have all the gf's and cards :D LOL

slanseith
Primary Device: HD2-Android DarkStone V3 (SD)
Operating System: Win 6.5 (5.2.21864)
ROM: 1.66

Postby slanseith » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:37 pm

i had this problem too, Hrvatska
the game freeze because in this scene, the song is playing and dialogues are synchronize with it.
so if the song can't be launch, the scene can't be launched too ...

you have to put :
- LastSPU=peopspu109.dll
- RunSPUsync=on

this solve the problem for me, i saw the scene and listening the marvelous song (it was a bit slow and with a lot of bug)

hope this will help ;)

EDIT :
Be carefull with "RunSPUsync=on" when you passed the scene, put it off. It crash FPSECE sometimes
(in fights or videos)......

Hrvatska

Postby Hrvatska » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:43 pm

slanseith wrote:i had this problem too, Hrvatska
the game freeze because in this scene, the song is playing and dialogues are synchronize with it.
so if the song can't be launch, the scene can't be launched too ...

you have to put :
- LastSPU=peopspu109.dll
- RunSPUsync=on

this solve the problem for me, i saw the scene and listening the marvelous song (it was a bit slow and with a lot of bug)

hope this will help ;)

EDIT :
Be carefull with "RunSPUsync=on" when you passed the scene, put it off. It crash FPSECE sometimes
(in fights or videos)......

A little late, i made it trough with epsxe
But still thank you, i wanted to play the game all trough on my phone so i will give your method a try.

thank you

EDIT :
Changed it and worked :D:D:D:D
BTW it has to be changed in the fpse.ini not the .ini of the game in CFG folder.
Again thx for the solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Game-Specific Help”