[SKINS] Cim's VGA & QVGA Glossy Black skin

A place to submit any artwork you make for FpseCE. Includes menu skins, icons, etc.
Cim
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S, HP iPAQ 214
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Darky's v9.5.XWJS8

Re: VGA Glossy Black skin WIP

Postby Cim » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Thank you Cloud. I didn't have any extra fonts so I chose comic (because of nice numbers :roll: ). Now, I'm sure I'll found something nicer on the page you provided ;)
I already uploaded ini files for your skin. I think there would be no big difference in scaling bmp and psd files to 50%...
Device: Samsung Galaxy S

djdafreund
Primary Device: touch pro (Herman)
Operating System: 23128
ROM: NRG-ROM (Aug.12) Sense 2.5

Postby djdafreund » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:35 pm

Yeah, regardless of the type effect it's called (there's usually at least 10 ways of doing everything in photoshop ;)) that new image looks smoother now. Nice job. And yeah, enlarging something 50%, at that smaller size, you won't visually notice a big difference, ESPECIALLY if it's enlarged properly, or using a decent enlarge plugin, could actually make it look better in cases. Keep up the good work buddy!! I might suggest changing the "_" button if still open to suggestions. I personally know it's minimize, but the way it currently looks, you might get a lot of people that have no idea what it is, some people might think it's a blank character or WIP option. Thought i would throw it out there either way.

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Postby CloudStrife86 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:56 pm

Yeah, I agree with the minimise thing. The way I did mine was to model it on Windows' minimise button, i.e. offset slightly to the left and given a small drop shadow.
Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Cim
Enthusiast

Postby Cim » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:10 pm

Yes, I was planing to replace that one :) Thanks guys.
@djdafreund: it was about reducing skin images to 50% of size. I think there would be no noticable difference between scaling bmp or pms graphic (and then saving as bmp).
Only thing that might help a little bit would be using bicubic sharper (or maybe doing it manually with unsharp mask or something).

EDIT:
I've finally finished my skin. I wish to thank all the people who contributed and helped me with their suggestions.

EDIT:
I appologise to those 2 who already downloaded my skin. Please do it again as there were some things missing in first version I uploaded :oops:

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator

Re: VGA & QVGA Glossy Black skin

Postby CloudStrife86 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Nice work for that. The font you used in the end looks better than the comic sans one you had before. ;)
Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Cim
Enthusiast

Postby Cim » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:01 pm

Yes, thanks to you ;)

EDIT:
Is my skin that bad? :(

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator

Postby CloudStrife86 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:12 pm

No, it's good, but it isn't WVGA, so I haven't included it in the poll. That will be the next one. ;)

Cim
Enthusiast

Postby Cim » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:37 pm

I didn't mean that because of the poll but because of complete lack of response from people who downloaded it. I thouht that someone will try it and leave some feedback (either good or bad)... I guess I should have done the WVGA version :)

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator

Postby CloudStrife86 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:07 pm

What about my new work-in-progress one? I posted an image and asked people to suggest changes and tell me what they liked/disliked. Have I got one reply since then? No. :|
Don't worry if people don't reply, it probably just means they have no complaints. ;)

joffreal
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Omnia i900
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: Franlov DXID1

Re: Cim's VGA & QVGA Glossy Black skin

Postby joffreal » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Please re-uploaded this skin..the file was removed...Thanks!

Return to “FpseCE - Artist Corner”