Fpse for Android News

phrozen087
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: Liberty v1.5

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby phrozen087 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:30 pm

LeSScro wrote:Please, if you find a working configuration, share with communauty...
Maybe i can edit a list and configuration for specific device on Website... like a table...

Here is a list of all my settings and it seems to work in every game I have tried. My phone is a Droid 2 (running Liberty v1.5 ROM at 1.1GHz). I have zero video and gameplay slow down and almost no audio slowdown in any game I have tried.

Droid 2 Settings
Should work for the Droid X/Milestone 2 as well

Emulator Settings:
System:
Bios: schp1001.bin
Mdec: Enable
Gte: Enable
Fast Booting: Enable
HLE Mode: Disable
Boost Mode: Disable

Audio:
SPU Sync: Enable (see note)
(This is the only setting, works in almost every game. In the one game Lunar 2: Eternal Blue disabling this setting makes the sound much better. Out of 20+ games this is the only game that I needed to change this setting to get better audio)

Video:
Framelimiter: Enable
Frameskip: no frameskip
Screen Filtering: Disable
Screen Size: Fullscreen

Input:
Digital
Touchscreen:
Slide mode: disable
relative moves: disable
transparency: 20%
Enabled buttons: 0 and 1 (rest disabled)
Hardware Keys: whatever you need here
Multi Keys: doesn't seem to be working atm, so I have none
Accelerometer: disable
Force Feedback: low

Root Only Changes:
I am not sure if this really affects the way the gameplay works, but it seemed to improve my performance overall so I will put it here as well. If you are not comfortable with rooting/editing files then you shouldn't do this, but overall I feel it made some minor increase in performance.

For all of the following start by:
open "data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files" with a program like root explorer

Embed bios
1) copy the schp1001.bin bios into the bios folder in here
2) Open the fpse.ini file now (you can edit by long pressing in root explorer and selecting edit text file) and change the line that says "BiosName=schp1001.bin_is_recommended" to "BiosName=schp1001.bin" (P.S. I wish schtruck would remove the _is_recommended as it wasn't in the initial release and you could avoid this second step.....)
3) Save the file

Embed mem cards
1) Convert your memorycards to the .mcd format and rename them "slot1.mcd" and "slot2.mcd"
2) Paste them in the memcards subfolder of the above directory

Cleaning up your configs
**it might be helpful if the emulator had a built in option to clear the cfgs as once you make a lot of changes they don't get carried over if saved configs already exist**
1) Open 1 ISO and enable all of the above settings. Copy everything, set everything, basically make sure everything is perfect for the 1 game and the save the default settings.
2) Now make sure to embed the bios in data if you haven't already.
3) Now delete the "cfgs" folder
4) Every game should now load up and run perfectly on the Droid 2!

Side note
You may see some other settings in the .ini like enabling armv7, etc... I have tried messing with most of the settings in here that you can't change from within the emulator and the performance doesn't really seem to increase or decrease with any changes. I am just making this note to save others time if they think this might do something.

Vooder
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: lg GT 540

Postby Vooder » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:18 pm

One short question, will it be available on android 2.1 in future ?

fyatwyrio
Primary Device: tmobile LG G2x
ROM: stock

Postby fyatwyrio » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:52 pm

schtruck wrote:about boost mode, it work only once Bios is selected and HLE is off.

About music made by PocketISO into MP3, it's not supported on Android acutally.

But CDDA is well supported, using cue file.

Thanks for the answer schtruck.
Will mp3's be supported in the future?
I would have to remake my iso's (not a big deal) but then the size of them would increase quite a bit without the audio compression on many games. Thanks.
Last edited by fyatwyrio on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yams
Primary Device: droidx

Postby yams » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:52 pm

schtruck wrote:about boost mode, it work only once Bios is selected and HLE is off.

About music made by PocketISO into MP3, it's not supported on Android acutally.

But CDDA is well supported, using cue file.

I have my bios selected from my SD card, HLE is off. Savestates work so I guess the BIOS is ok but boost mode still doesn't stay on, just immediately goes back to unchecked.

Also can you please look into moving files like the memory cards to the sd card. The data folder is protected and I need root access to get to it.

xaviorffviii
Primary Device: Droid X, Sony Tablet S
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Liberty 1.5 Rooted 1.3 Ghz

Postby xaviorffviii » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:57 pm

phrozen087 wrote:
xaviorffviii wrote:Droid X 2.2 Rooted at 1.3Ghz

FFIX

Problems so far

-FMVs / No sound, but video looks like it plays smoothly
-In-game sound effects / Off by about a quarter of a second
-With frame-skip "on" / In battle menus disappear (Something similar happens with frame-skip in FFVIII during intro with credits)
-Frame skip "on at 50" / Gameplay becomes rough around the edges as far as smoothness.

Unfortunately can't get the best of both worlds of smooth gameplay/sound, and nice visuals.
These are the settings I used to get good speed, and visuals when "allowed".

This is with HLE mode / off

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FFIX walking around "Outside of Battle"

spu sync / off
frame limiter / off
frame skip / 50
screen filtering / on
screen size / full screen (tried with 3/4 with no noticeable speed differences, so full screen is pref)

Works smoothly with sound and video (though there are missing frames because frame skip is on, and is noticeable, which I'm not thrilled about)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FFIX "In Battle"

Spu sync / off
frame limiter / on
frame skip / off or low
screen filtering / off
screen size / full screen (tried with 3/4 with no noticeable speed differences, so full screen is pref)

Works "alright", not great.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having to switch between settings for every battle is not ideal.
Not to mention in battle you have to drop the visuals a lot, and that makes it not that great to look at, or play.
Psx4droid v1.7 does better for FFIX "at the moment". I feel FPse will work better in the long run though. I just hope the updates come sooner than later!

I'm going to wait for updates to check FFVIII further, but I'm sure FPse works better for FFVIII since psx4droid had a LOT of problems.
-Dave

Hey I saw your post and thought it was a bit odd since I have a Droid 2 @ 1.1GHz with a completely different experience... maybe you have some settings wrong that is affecting you.

For me:
FFIX:
- Intro and FMVs play perfect with sound
- Inside and outside battle movement and controls are smooth and all video moves perfectly
- In the world (and FMVs) audio is working perfectly. I checked again after I read your post and everything was good. There is a very minor audio slowdown as battle first loads and if a very graphical spell is cast, but it general it is very very minor.
- Sound affects are usually right on, maybe at most off by about 1/8 of a second (and I only notice this in the menu when the game first loads and you choose load or new game).
- Also when using the BIOS everything (menus, etc) appears perfectly. If you accidentally use HLE mode things start to vanish and I had lots of issues.

My settings:
Bios: scph1001.bin
Enable: Mdec, Gte, Fast boot
Disable: HLE, Boost
SPU Sync: Enabled
Video: Framelimiter on, no frameskip, no screen filtering, fullscreen
Input: Hardware map L1/R1 and start (only things you need besides the dpad and main 4 buttons, I suggest volume for L1/R1 and camera for start) and only display the dpad and 4 buttons as virtual. Displaying all the buttons will slow you down considerably more and I do notice some lag, but with this setup it is very minor. Also do NOT enable the sliding modes as this seemed to hurt my rates also.

I can also check on other settings if you would like, but my experience was much better than yours and our phones are really identical save one has a keyboard and the other does not (and you are OC'd faster than me) so if anything you should have slightly better performance. Let me know if this helps!

True without "screen filtering" it definitely runs smooth, with some slowdown in battles (though my battles stay somewhat slowed down).
But I started playing FFIX on psx4droid v1.7 with anti-alias. It's a hard transition to go from "smooth visuals" to "complete pix-elation". Nor am I sure I want to.

I also only have the basic buttons drawn, I don't even have start and select.

If FPse could run with "screen filtering", the way it does when "screen filtering" is off, I would have zero use for psx4droid v1.7

Boost stays unchecked for me as well (I have bios selected and recognized)

kike47
Primary Device: HTC Wildfire

Postby kike47 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:01 pm

After last updates fpse don't work on HTC wildfire.

hungle2t
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung GT I9000

Postby hungle2t » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Still unable to get anything going, on my GT-I9000m.

Tried Just about everything except rooting it.

Firmware 2.2
Baseband I9000 UGJL2
Kernel 2.6.32.9 shout.lee@SEP-09 #3
Build Froyo.UGJL2

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Ok a new version with somes Fixes will be available in less than a hour.

Changes:

- Fixed Crash in somes menus (caused by an android API bug with a specific version of Android 2.2)
- Fixed Boost mode
- Add BACK key to the mappable HW key (you can map BACK, CALL, VOLUME UP and DOWN)
- Setting HLE off automatically after reboot when Bios is loaded.

****** MARKET UPDATED ******

L1ber.t
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire HD

Postby L1ber.t » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:00 pm

schtruck wrote:MGS need SPUSync in audio menu. it will work perfectly.

Now about problem encountered , there worst is a Crash in Menus, i'd like to fix that quickly, but i need to reproduce it on my HD2, can you tell me your ROM version (if possible SD build) like that i'll check it on my device.

About the Right Direction stayed pressed when playing Cars game, i have well reproduced it on my HD2 in Landscape Orientation when HW button were on the left Side, not on the Right side.

Any other BIG problem?

Yes! Multytouch is a BIG problem! :( The display buttons are sticking :( It makes the game impossible. Please fix this bug. Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Russia..

phrozen087
Primary Device: Droid 2
ROM: Liberty v1.5

Postby phrozen087 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:07 pm

schtruck wrote:Ok a new version with somes Fixes will be available in less than a hour.

Changes:

- Fixed Crash in somes menus (caused by an android API bug with a specific version of Android 2.2)
- Fixed Boost mode
- Add BACK key to the mappable HW key (you can map BACK, CALL, VOLUME UP and DOWN)
- Setting HLE off automatically after reboot when Bios is loaded.

****** MARKET UPDATED ******

Very glad to here this, I will update and try the fixes. Thank you so much for all of your support, I love this emulator! Your work is greatly appreciated after dealing with the psx4droid situation on android for so long.

Return to “News”