View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:01 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 72  Next
 [02/10/2009] Latest news 
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
Post Re: Lasts News from 2009/10/02
The DualShock 3 is not supported (at least in the build I have). I've searched on XDA-Devs, and as far as I'm aware, there isn't a driver for the DS3 or Sixaxis on WinMo at all. :(

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:03 pm

Primary Device: Eten glofiish x650
Operating System: wm 6.5
ROM: rom cooked by jotte ;]
Quote:
Not to be the bringer of bad news, but on older less powerful phones (and even the fairly powerful omnia) touching the screen has a big effect on the proccesor which reduces fps by around 8fps - this limits onscreen controls somewhat.

I guess it's truth, but it depends much on the device, and drivers (new, custom drivers on my eten x650 reduced the effect by 80-90% so I don't see any problem with touching screen anymore ;) )

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:05 pm

Primary Device: HTC Touch Diamond2
Operating System: WWE 6.5
ROM: stock
CloudStrife,

That is a pity. :(
Hopefully, the release of 0.10 will stimulate WinMo/xda developers.
It'd be awesome if the motion sensors of the DUALSHOCK 3 could be put to good use!

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:07 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
The DualShock thing doesn't really bother me to be honest. When I'm at home I've got my PS3, PS2, PSone, PSP, and PC; All of which can play PSone games better than my phone. So unless I were to bring the DualShock to work or on a night out, it's not going to get used. Still, it would be nice, if just for being able to say to a particularly geeky friend, "I can control my phone with a PS3 controller, and you just have an iPhone. n00b." :ugeek:

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:33 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
I keep on testing everything on the Omnia, not only on the TG01.

There's almost no decrease in fps when touching the Omnia's screen.
To be honnest, there was a small decrease (between 2 and 4 fps) when touching the screen, hardly visible on the tg01, more visible on the omnia, but Schtruck told me since he found why it was slow when touching the screen and found the way to increase speed by at least 5 % (or more) so no slowing down will occure anymore when playing with the onscreen UI.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:14 pm
Profile WWW

i900frenchaddict wrote:
I keep on testing everything on the Omnia, not only on the TG01.

There's almost no decrease in fps when touching the Omnia's screen.
To be honnest, there was a small decrease (between 2 and 4 fps) when touching the screen, hardly visible on the tg01, more visible on the omnia, but Schtruck told me since he found why it was slow when touching the screen and found the way to increase speed by at least 5 % (or more) so no slowing down will occure anymore when playing with the onscreen UI.

Good news. I was expecting this to be fixed.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:15 pm
Guru

Primary Device: Touch Pro 2 (Tilt 2)
Operating System: build 21887 6.5
ROM: Josh's PerfectBlack 1.7-FINAL
Good to hear. Hoping to experience this first hand soon.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:43 pm
Profile WWW

jamuk2004 wrote:
Also, on the subject, don't confuse the 800Mhz of the Omnia II/Omnia Pro as being even comparible to the Snapdragon or OMAP chips (if anyone does?) - It is last generation of architecure and will only be a little more powerful than Omnia - Maybe a 25% increase in fps??

That's what is bothering me, too. I currently have an HTC Touch Cruise with 400 Mhz, which won't be enough for a fast 1.0 experience. Therefore I want to buy something new. I am tending to get a Samsung Omnia Pro but the HTC HD2 is interesting, too. The only problems I have with the HD2 is: No Stylus input for handwritten Notes and things like Starcraft, Age of Empires or Excel etc.; the weak battery; and the size is probably far too big for a belt case without it looking very stupid.

Like you said, jamuk: The Snapdragon processor (in 45nm production) is already the next generation (pretty much on a level with those Samsung Cortex-A8 processors) compared to the 800 Mhz CPU of those Samsungs. But will it really only be 25% more over the Omnia 1? As far as I know the Marvel 624 Mhz CPU of the Omnia 1 is a 90nm Processor ARM9, which is also an older ARM generation over that ARMv11 800 Mhz in 65nm. So it's really a very interesting question how the Omnia II / Omnia Pro will fare compared to Omnia 1 and Snapdragon. I hope there are some guys here with these new Samsung devices who can post their fps with 1.0 after its release.

@frenchaddict: Thanks for all your hard work with testing and providing videos to the community.
BTW, I was wondering: The Guardian Force scenes in FF8 did only have 30-40 fps on your Omnia 1. Do you get full fps without frameskip there on the TG01?

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:28 am

Primary Device: Sony Xperia Z
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: 10.3.1.A.0.244
judic wrote:
Like you said, jamuk: The Snapdragon processor (in 45nm production) is already the next generation (pretty much on a level with those Samsung Cortex-A8 processors) compared to the 800 Mhz CPU of those Samsungs. But will it really only be 25% more over the Omnia 1? As far as I know the Marvel 624 Mhz CPU of the Omnia 1 is a 90nm Processor ARM9, which is also an older ARM generation over that ARMv11 800 Mhz in 65nm. So it's really a very interesting question how the Omnia II / Omnia Pro will fare compared to Omnia 1 and Snapdragon. I hope there are some guys here with these new Samsung devices who can post their fps with 1.0 after its release.

Snapdragon even at 65nm is better than samsungs cortex A8 due to architectural changes qualcomm did to improve power efficiency and performance. That is why they achieve 1Ghz at 65nm. Best proof is that samsungs Cortex A8 at 45nm are clocked at 1Ghz where mainstream snapdragon at 45 is clocked at 1.2 for msm8xxx(or 1.5 as stated by linley group) and at 1.3 for qsd8650a.

Omnia II and Omnia pro are still using ARM11 CPU which is lower clocked and is around 2x slower clock-to-clock when compared with cortex A8 so you will probably get better results than on omnia 1 but still not as good as from snapdragon or any other cortex A8 based device.

To fully enjoy playing FpseCE I'd wait for Toshiba K01 with capacitive display, slide-out keyboard and USB host.

[OFFTOP]Wonder whether Schtruck will update FpseCE for WM7? I know it is too early to discuss this but if rumours are true it won't have legacy support so it will need to be rewritten... It would give some new possibilities such as new kernel natively supporting NEON acceleration and openGL system acceleration(according to some rumours)...[/OFFTOP]

Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:16 am

Finally able to post. I waited days to post... anyways

YAY!!!! FPSE is finally here. I wonder how will it perform on my Omnia LITE?

The Widgets part question.... Can we use 2 fingers simultaneously on the screen?

Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:11 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 72  Next