View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:20 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 72  Next
 [02/10/2009] Latest news 

Post Re: Lasts News from 2009/10/02
just to add also. the QSD8672 snapdragon is a pretty nice chipset for mobile devices.

* Dual CPUs, up to 1.5 GHz for faster response and processing
* Low-power 45nm process technology for higher integration and performance
* Higher-resolution WSXGA (1440 x 900) display support
* High-definition (1080p) video recording and playback
* Support for HSPA+ networks - 28 Mbps downloads and 11 Mbps uploads
* Supports CDMA2000 1X, 1xEV-DO Rel 0/A/B networks
* Improved 3D graphics - up to 80M triangles/sec and 500M+ 3D pixels/sec

Nvidia Tegra APX2500 (Zune HD): 40 M triangles/s, 600 M pixels/s
ATI Imageon _ (Qualcomm QSD8672): 80 M triangles/s, >500 M pixels/s

the tegra has a fill rate of 600 million pixels per second to the QSD8672 500 million, but the qualcomm chipset can output double the amount of triangles.

i have found some interesting information.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/20 ... c-wii.aspx

i love the headline of this article. "nVidia Tegra 650 is even more powerful than Snapdragon, Wii"

but then further down the page they say this.

"But even with a fill-rate disadvantage [100 MPixel/s and 350MTexel/s], Snapdragon remains more powerful than a Tegra chip,"

LOL what?

anyway the interesting bit of information is this:

"But, once that nVidia launches its 2nd Gen Tegra parts in 2010, with dual-core CoreTex-A9 processors and GeForce 9-based hardware"

dual core processor with geforce 9 based hardware. now that's more like it. ;)

edit:
"but the qualcomm chipset can output double the amount of pixels." that should read triangles not pixels.

Last edited by leadbelly on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:02 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
guizmox wrote:
It means (in our case) that CPU is not the only responsible of slow speed. We can probably bet on bus-speed, RAM-speed, Kernel and other things that don't use the maximum power the CPU can deliver.

Right, for example RAM access is quite slow on most of PPCs

leadbelly wrote:
the QSD8672 snapdragon is a pretty nice chipset for mobile devices.

Right too, designed to be powerfull without needing too much energy, and most of all, without heating much.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:26 pm
Profile WWW

leadbelly wrote:
just to add also. the QSD8672 snapdragon is a pretty nice chipset for mobile devices.

* Dual CPUs, up to 1.5 GHz for faster response and processing
* Low-power 45nm process technology for higher integration and performance
* Higher-resolution WSXGA (1440 x 900) display support
* High-definition (1080p) video recording and playback
* Support for HSPA+ networks - 28 Mbps downloads and 11 Mbps uploads
* Supports CDMA2000 1X, 1xEV-DO Rel 0/A/B networks
* Improved 3D graphics - up to 80M triangles/sec and 500M+ 3D pixels/sec

Nvidia Tegra APX2500 (Zune HD): 40 M triangles/s, 600 M pixels/s
ATI Imageon _ (Qualcomm QSD8672): 80 M triangles/s, >500 M pixels/s

the tegra has a fill rate of 600 million pixels per second to the QSD8672 500 million, but the qualcomm chipset can output double the amount of triangles.

i have found some interesting information.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/20 ... c-wii.aspx

i love the headline of this article. "nVidia Tegra 650 is even more powerful than Snapdragon, Wii"

but then further down the page they say this.

"But even with a fill-rate disadvantage [100 MPixel/s and 350MTexel/s], Snapdragon remains more powerful than a Tegra chip,"

LOL what?

anyway the interesting bit of information is this:

"But, once that nVidia launches its 2nd Gen Tegra parts in 2010, with dual-core CoreTex-A9 processors and GeForce 9-based hardware"

dual core processor with geforce 9 based hardware. now that's more like it. ;)

edit:
"but the qualcomm chipset can output double the amount of pixels." that should read triangles not pixels.

Funny story .. but the problem is there wont be any dual core snapdragon phones... the phones get the basic snapdragon .. ( yes thats already powerfull ) but the dual core's are ment for netbooks/nettops .. the nettops got way bigger battery's

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:07 pm

Chaosstorm wrote:
leadbelly wrote:
Funny story .. but the problem is there wont be any dual core snapdragon phones... the phones get the basic snapdragon .. ( yes thats already powerfull ) but the dual core's are ment for netbooks/nettops .. the nettops got way bigger battery's

i never said it was. i said mobile 'devices'.

if you actually read up on the tegra 650, you'll notice that isn't intended for smartphones either. that positions the 650 directly against the QSD8672. they're both designed for smartbooks, handhelds, netbooks, etc.

however, there is already a new and improved snapdragon chipset for smartphones.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/01/qual ... -stronger/

Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:57 pm

You know guys, I'm still amazed that we can be discussing hardware power when nothing, absolutely nothing new is happening on the software scene for this platform.
Fu**ing hell, I wonder what happened with M$. Close to no game available for macs, yet fu**ing I-Phone has more decent games available than pocket pcs ever had, even though Gates was on this market a good decade before its competitor?
All we have is emulation for our "windows phones" , and even that tends to go veeery old, as no phone as ceven a descent buttons layout to offer good gaming experience. I might as well play my ds...

Thx god, Shtuck is working for our dignity (takes a looooong time hey), and hopefully the new multytouch HTC will allow me to play wipeout correctly.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:51 pm

Primary Device: Toshiba TG01
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: Stock (Build 21840.5.0.60)
It's not the Snapdragon but check this out http://www.gsmarena.com/arm_announces_the_first_mobile_multicore_processor__cortexa5-news-1200.php.
Do any of you remember the fps increase in PCSX2 when multicores were supported? Perhaps the same could be done for FPSEce :)
mrchampipi wrote:
Thx god, Shtuck is working for our dignity (takes a looooong time hey), and hopefully the new multytouch HTC will allow me to play wipeout correctly.

Agreed - I'd take FPSEce over any of the 85,000+ apps for the iPhone. 8-)
They have quantity, we have quality ;)

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:03 pm

mrchampipi wrote:
You know guys, I'm still amazed that we can be discussing hardware power when nothing, absolutely nothing new is happening on the software scene for this platform.
Fu**ing hell, I wonder what happened with M$. Close to no game available for macs, yet fu**ing I-Phone has more decent games available than pocket pcs ever had, even though Gates was on this market a good decade before its competitor?
All we have is emulation for our "windows phones" , and even that tends to go veeery old, as no phone as ceven a descent buttons layout to offer good gaming experience. I might as well play my ds...

you're right.

this should change though because microsoft have finally started get serious with their mobile OS. windows mobile 7 should be a huge improvement over their current version and with the launch of marketplace the framework is already being built for mobile gaming and entertainment.

X1 User wrote:
It's not the Snapdragon but check this out http://www.gsmarena.com/arm_announces_the_first_mobile_multicore_processor__cortexa5-news-1200.php.
Do any of you remember the fps increase in PCSX2 when multicores were supported? Perhaps the same could be done for FPSEce :)
mrchampipi wrote:

Agreed - I'd take FPSEce over any of the 85,000+ apps for the iPhone. 8-)
They have quantity, we have quality ;)

we could be seeing multi-core smartphones as early as next year. this just adds to what i said before about the tegra chipset. you haven't seen nothing yet. the tegra 2 with multi-core processor and geforce 9 based gpu is their truly next-gen chipset. i would wait until then.

i'm pretty sure once we get to this kind of hardware along with winmo 7 OS, game developers will start to take it seriously. the framework is being built right now.

the good thing is, it seems to be not that far off either.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Hi,

Plz discuss about the new samsung omina 2 800mhz processor. Compare it with snapdragon or MSM processor.

We need to know about 800mhz processor. Because it is a cool phone!!

Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:29 am
Guru

Primary Device: Touch Pro 2 (Tilt 2)
Operating System: build 21887 6.5
ROM: Josh's PerfectBlack 1.7-FINAL
Possible release this weekend?

I know Schtruck tries to give us updates about once a week and last time he was hoping it was the last before release. Hoping that we see it released this weekend! :D

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:34 pm
Profile WWW

Hoping a release soon too :D
Just got a fine today from Melbourne's worst mistake. Connex
man their fines are soooooo expensive 200$ +

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:43 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 72  Next