View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Smartphones... :( 

Post Smartphones... :(
I have a HTC Ozone, in which the specs for this are fine by itself, plus I overclock it to 624 mhz.

Now, I understand this is for pocket pc. Which , since it has a touchscreen, its a slightly different OS than my WM 6.1 phone.

I HAVE looked through the forums. I have download SPHelper and ran it, and then ran the FPSECE but to no avail. I still get the same problem.
I get this error message when trying to start the latest version of FPSECE:

GAPI Initilization failed
PPC not supported
cbxPitch:2 cbyPitch352

I understand ISO files, but I still dont get this BIOS thing. I know what BIOS is on a computer, but I have no idea where to get this "BIOS" file. Every where I have read I still can not find an answer to it. In all of the install guides they just say "put the BIOS file in the BIOS folder." (Ok found out the BIos thing)

I've seen people with a 250mhz phone running this at about 20fps, so mine, with more than double that spead, should be pretty capable.

I wish there was a smartphone version, and maybe Im missing it, but I seriously doubt it.

Also, on a side note, Im also looking for a GBA emulator for a smartphone. All I have succesfully found is NES and SNES. I would gladly pay for something like this if existed... but I can't.

For real, if someone can get me running this thing I wll pay $20 into their paypal. Im totally serious. And $15 for the gba. And Im talking about one that will play most games.

Please!

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:32 pm

Post Re: Smartphones... :(
I was using version 9.5, and tried 9.6.... I have the bin file and everything and it just comes
up with a splash screen. Again, I am using a HTC Ozone. A smartphone with windows mobile 6.1 .

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:36 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
in fpsece 0.9.6 options, try:
FastBoot OFF
GFX drivers: VGA (or try the others untill you 're successful)

With Fastboot off, you're supposed to have at least the original PSX boot screen( PSX logo in colors in the middle, and PLAYSTATION written at the bottom, if it's corrupted, your iso is not good)

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
I am going to assume, unless you tell me otherwise, that SPHelper enabled you to use the virtual cursor in the program, that it actually works and your problem is solely to do with the "PPC not supported" thing.
Given that the error your getting includes the line "GAPI initialisation failed", I'd have to assume that the problem is with the graphics driver you're using. If you try a different one like frenchaddict suggested you might be able to get it to run.

1. Go here:
http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=179&start=10&sid=ea991d53a52df7db917114e5675c78b6

2. Download 0.09.6 beta version, it's located in the fifth post from the top.

3. Download this:
Attachment:
fpse.ini.zip [680 Bytes]
Downloaded 112 times

4. Extract fpse.ini.zip to your desktop, and copy fpse.ini into your FpseCE folder on your phone, overwriting the old one.

5. Put SCPH1001.bin in the BIOS folder.

6. Put your ISO files in \FpseCE\ISOs

7. Run the program.

If you get an error, change the graphics driver. This can be done from the menu of the program or by changing the value in fpse.ini to 1, 2, 3 or 4 for GAPI, LFB, GDI and VGA (not in that order, I don't think).

Let us know how you get on.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:45 pm

Thanks for the responses.

I did what you did exactly to the letter and I got what I got when I tried 9.6 before.

I wish I had a camera....it is just a startup screen that has fps ce with a e and two dots over it on top. ANd it says Version 0.09.6 below that. And below that are some pictures of some games.
And it is just stuck on that. And this splash screen takes of only 2/3 of the screen, starting from the left. No matter what I change GFXDRV to. Whether 1,2,3, or 4 it does the same thing. It just gets stuck on that screen.

I have never gotten to a point where I can get into the program.
I will make a video and put it on youtube as soon as I can get my camera. I am in the transition of a move.

SPHelper did enable a cursor. I was never able to use it in the program as I was never really able to get in it. At first I would run it, get an error, and it crashed.

Now I run it, and get a frozen splash screen that freezes my OS to where I must take the battery out.

And about fastboot...I see no variable in the .ini called fastboot or anything with boot or fast in it...

do I create a variable FastBoot? And You mean
FastBoot=OFF

Im going to try a different ISO file and see if that helps.

P.S. By the way, if I do ever figure this out, is there a way perhaps to make my keyboard keys to buttons instead, since I dont have a touchscreen?

And if Not that, do you think i coud use Shelper by savings certain screen coordinates to for a button and mapping those coordinates to my keyboard keys?

Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:24 am
Global Moderator

Are you sure that there are no options at the bottom of the screen when the splash screen is displayed?
About fastboot, I actually think it's called disablelogo=on... change it to enable the logo.
Keep us posted.

*EDIT* I forgot to mention, if you want to assign your keyboard to the controller, find out the key codes (Google search for a program) and edit the fpse.ini under [joy0key].

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:42 am

http://www.mobi.ru/Articles/0/96/fpsce1s.jpg

See that is the imgage i ee except I Dont see that menu at the bottom...in fact I only see about the top half of that screen.
And I doubt that GFXDRV will change the size of the splash screen.
In fact I know it won't because I already tried
GFXDRV=1,GFXDRV=2,GFXDRV=3,andGFXDRV=4

In my ini disable logo was already changed to off, but I tied changing it to on with no effect.

THe problem is I am not even able to start it.
I guess that has not been communicated, but I did say I have no even been able to get into the program yet.
BEcause like I said, in that picture, all I get is the top half of that image. And, even if I did get that menu, I doubt I could do much, since when I get in it my phone is totally froen and I must take out the battery to get it to work again.

I tried a different ISO just to get the same exact result.

Also, I just found out it isnt frozen. Its just that you cant see what your doing. I was able to succesfully turn off my phone by doing what I susually did, I just couldnt see it.

WHatever, Youll understand when I put up a video. I also tried changing the strech x and strech y and all the variables just do absolutely nothing for the startup screen.

I think those just effect the emulator anyway. We need variables for the startup screen.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:16 pm
Global Moderator

Have you tried using WVGAfix3? Don't let the name fool you, it also works for VGA and QVGA. What it does is resize the window so that the program displays correctly. It's worth a shot if, like you say, the screen is only displaying half of the image.
http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/get-wvgafix3.html

Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:07 pm

Tried to download that program onto my device from that link.

there were two ways to download it.
the one from xda say it could not be found.
the other one when i download my. computer says is corrupt.

well i dont know... i think ill give up on this for now. its just not worth all this time.
maybe when the paid version comes out it will be compatible with more phones.

but thanks anyway

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:47 pm
Global Moderator

Well, I have a version on my PC, so here it is:
Attachment:
WVGAFIX3_BY_Cotulla.zip [14.98 KiB]
Downloaded 65 times

Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next