View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 FpseCE Compatibility and Performance questions 
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pro
Operating System: Android 2.3.2
Post Re: FpseCE Compatibility and Performance questions
Hrvatska wrote:
hi,

Have a problem with ff8.

When u are on ur first mission on timber, after u enter the codes to uncouple the first train the next screen is black and u just hear the sound.

I tried changing various stuff in the .ini like : busy_fix,odd even fix,lazy update fix, runSpusync etc. but nothing helped.
I tried an uncompressed and a compressed US version but nothing changed.

Hope someone can help me

Thx in advance

Thanks for understanding.
You get blank screen in Landscape mode? If yes, just try to change it to Portrait mode.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:09 pm

tried out potrait-mode.The result is that i now have a grey screen and i at least can see the characters. But it does not work any time sometimes it stays blank.
But i can go on playing so far, the screens coming then seem to work.

Thx for the help

And while I'm questioning i have another one:
When i start Dino Crisis(E) compressed, it just shows me: "This game contains scenes of explicit violence and gore" than nothing ...
Tried also to change various things in the .ini but no luck, starting in portait mode or landscape does not have a effect.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:23 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pro
Operating System: Android 2.3.2
Hrvatska wrote:
tried out potrait-mode.The result is that i now have a grey screen and i at least can see the characters. But it does not work any time sometimes it stays blank.
But i can go on playing so far, the screens coming then seem to work.

Thx for the help

And while I'm questioning i have another one:
When i start Dino Crisis(E) compressed, it just shows me: "This game contains scenes of explicit violence and gore" than nothing ...
Tried also to change various things in the .ini but no luck, starting in portait mode or landscape does not have a effect.

The first thing you always should do if you get a problems - checked your ISO file. Maybe its corrupted / "not pure enough" frenchaddict(c)
About Dino Crisis - maybe you use ripped ISO file(without movies and sounds)?

Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:29 pm

I will look if i can get Dino Crisis somehow running.
For FF8 it works with Portrait mode. The "Bug" is also on the 2nd uncoupling but can be passed with the Portrait mode trick, u just have to wait, after a while the grey screen is going away and it is runnung well afterwards.

Thx again Q-Ball

Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:41 pm

I just wanted to post this here so it would get more attention just in case it actually can benifit more ppl.
Hello, I am new to this so bare with me. After several hours of testing games on the new TP2 I noticed some hopefully promising results that may help in development of faster gameplay. I was getting terrible framerates attempting to play NHL 2001, so I tried rhodium II ini. it a slight bit faster, but when I switched back to the original ini that came with fpsece without soft reset I noticed quickly that gameplay was incredibly fast, I mean ridicoulous speed, even though FPS didnt change 18-25 fps. Ithe gameplay went from amazingly slow to incredible. Anyways if someone can look into this maybe I stumbled across something that may not require a snapdragon to achieve amazing gameplay. Please let me know why this would happen. Thanks and I will monitor to see if anyone else can replicate this or if I need to elaborate more. I am still looking into every detail that i did to make this happen but I have replicated it many times playing around with switching ini's starting fpsece .10 and switching to different ini's to see which gives me better speed. saving a game in one ini and going into it with a different ini seems to make it work best.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:59 am
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
This is very strange. Could you attach both ini files that you have been using to your next post? Just save them to a zip and upload that rather than making a massive post.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:13 am

Here are the 2 I used. I think I saved the game in ff vii ini in NHL 2001 then switched to original ini and loaded from that save point. It did crash going from portrait to landscape sometimes but pulling out the keyboard and letting it go landscape worked better, then i got amazing speed boost, i actually want to turn it down some. It still hangs for a split second on occasion but doesnt affect gameplay. Ill be up for bit longer tonight if I can help anymore.

sorry for this being all broken up, but you have to log into a saved spot on startup or you will crash as it gets to logo screen. But after that you can quit that game and still have fast speed. I will try to detail everything tomorrow on exact steps.

Attachments:
ini switching.rar [2.63 KiB]
Downloaded 140 times
Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:32 am
Guru

Primary Device: Touch Pro 2 (Tilt 2)
Operating System: build 21887 6.5
ROM: Josh's PerfectBlack 1.7-FINAL
Might want to edit the two consecutive posts into one. It is a forum rule and upsets Cloud a little ;)

EDIT: Phone phreak, are you using a custom rom? If so, which one?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:46 am
Profile WWW

Ok this is what I did to get this to work. started NHL 2001 with original ini that came with fpse 0.10 (in the above zip file), loaded NHL 2001 sucessfully, paused sometime in the hockey game and saved game with registered feature. changed ini settings for ArmCoreMMX from off to on, and GFXDRV from 2 to 3. Now when you startup NHL 2001 go to your saved game, when u resume you will have fast speed! If you dont go to saved game right away it will crash. I dont know if the MMX is a 3D render assist since this game is 3D, i'm not sure, all I know is this works and may help in speeding up other games. The speed change is crazy though! I will try to get video of the difference, I am on an HTC TP 2 btw. I am sorry for spam posting i will make sure I gather all info into one for next time, dont mean to make anyone angry. I am using stock ROM from verizon win mobile 6.1.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:05 am
Guru

Primary Device: Touch Pro 2 (Tilt 2)
Operating System: build 21887 6.5
ROM: Josh's PerfectBlack 1.7-FINAL
Does it work if you set MMX on in the first place? Or only after loading a saved game?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next