View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 "How to" or a Guide for set up of FPSe? 
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: HTC Incredible
Post "How to" or a Guide for set up of FPSe?
I bought FPSe off the market and have been unable to get it to work for my HTC Incredible. Whenever I load an iso or any other format for that matter it just goes to black screen then shuts down. I'm assuming it's not configured right, or something... so, im here wondering if there is a current guide or "how to" for the FPSe for android phones. I looked through all the sections, and the website but couldn't find any info for android phones. I know it only came out 2 days ago, but im still hoping there is someone here who can help me get it running on my HTC Incredible.

Thanks, and appreciate any help or links. :D

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:52 pm
Fresh Fish

Post Re: "How to" or a Guide for set up of FPSe?
Been a day and no replys =/

Anyone who has it working on android mind telling me in a quick run down what ya did to get it working? This is really frustrating

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:19 pm
Guru

Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie
FPSE for android is ready to go out-of-the-box. You just need bios so you can save/load.
You can read about settings in WM README or Cemplete FPSEce how to guide, they are the same.

Your ISOs are probably bad.

HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:07 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10
Agreed, it's fairly simple to set up Fpse for Android. It can be done in a few steps:

1. Open Fpse
2. Select an ISO (game to play)
3. Go into settings.
4. In System, select your BIOS. Then turn HLE off.
5. Save settings as default.
6. Restart.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:00 pm
Fresh Fish

KowboyBebop wrote:
FPSE for android is ready to go out-of-the-box. You just need bios so you can save/load.
You can read about settings in WM README or Cemplete FPSEce how to guide, they are the same.

Your ISOs are probably bad.

Wasn't working on HTC incredible for me till this previous update. My ISOs are good I use them on my PC =p

The problem was I wasn't able to open the settings, or any of the configs. When I loaded it, it went to load iso then upon tryin to load one it would go to black screen then auto close within a second. Wasn't able to config anything, or set the bin. After this most recent update it let me set the bin and open the options/configs so i'll transfer my iso's back over tomorrow after work.

Hope all goes good when I test it later tomorrow ;)

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:32 am
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
Demented wrote:
My ISOs are good I use them on my PC =p

Many iso that work on a PC emulator may not work on Fpse, I mean PC emulators can handle roms that have been modified, compressed with different tools, that contain some crap, etc.

Fpse for Droid, like FpseCE, needs really pure iso

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:50 am
Profile WWW

Primary Device: HTC Desire
ROM: eMiui
It does still need a lot of work though, no need to get so defensive about it:

- I get a lot of force closes when loading an iSO (these are files created with the recommended app Pocket ISO)

- more than half the time, I get a black screen when loading an ISO and then the whole app slows down incredibly. Quitting won't make it quit either - I have to force close it.

- the system of saving settings is really confusing - loading settings doesn't load all settings and rebooting often results in some settings being reset (like the BIOS file) and others retaining their previous value. I take this is a bug? If so, it needs to be fixed. Saving the config should save ALL values including those boost values, BIOS path, controls, etc. I'd even advise you to allow for multiple settings so you can save certain configurations that fit particular games - it saves people a lot of time.

- fix disc swapping

- maybe let you add ISOs to a database so you can go through them easily no matter where they're stored on the drive

- DEFINITELY add a help section explaining the use of the menu items. For example, what HLE mean?

This on a HTC Desire which, I believe, is the most powerful phone out there for now.

I do love it when it works - best emulation by far.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:53 pm
Guru

Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie
- Cant help you with the force closes, should work fine on Desire. Maybe you did something wrong or have an app that colide with FPSE
- As said, FPSE needs pure ISOs, also if the program itself force closes then this is probably connected and is an invidual "bug"
- It saves setting for particular game. Also you should close the program normaly for the FPSE to save it. If you force close it cant be without problems. Also not sure if restarting saves the setting correctly. I'm not really up to date with any version now.
- The disk swapping should work correctly. Note that this feature is intended to swap from Disc1 to Disc2 of ONE game (like Parasite eve dics1 and disc2)
- Create one folse for your ISOs, no need for some kind of databse, just pointless. You can still propose that feature somewhere else.
- Read the README for FPSEce. The settings in FPSE are taken from FPSEce. HLE for example means high level emulation and it's used for testing and debugging, it also doesnt use standart Bios file and is not useful in average usage.

HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:58 pm

Primary Device: HTC Desire
ROM: eMiui
KowboyBebop wrote:
- Cant help you with the force closes, should work fine on Desire. Maybe you did something wrong or have an app that colide with FPSE

That's a very old excuse - when every other app and emulators runs fine without crashing, then it must be me doing something wrong or an app colliding... Despite many other comments I've ready in various places mentioning crashes as well. Such an attitude doesn't get bugs fixed. I just had it crash when I pressed the two dots under where it says "Select ISO to load" - gives it a shaky feel.

KowboyBebop wrote:
- As said, FPSE needs pure ISOs, also if the program itself force closes then this is probably connected and is an invidual "bug"

Well obviously, that's what I said - but it shouldn't crash anyway. It's very picky about its image files (not ISOs - ISOs are the worst kind of image files you can have) and I hope it gets fixed to be less picky. Or at least there needs to be info why it won't accept certain image files.

KowboyBebop wrote:
- It saves setting for particular game. Also you should close the program normaly for the FPSE to save it. If you force close it cant be without problems. Also not sure if restarting saves the setting correctly. I'm not really up to date with any version now.

I've closed the program normally plenty of times and it didn't save settings properly - and how does it save settings for a particular game? There's no info on this and the menu doesn't give any clue that this happens. It would explain why the settings seem to randomly change. Even then, the menu really needs some work.

KowboyBebop wrote:
- Create one folse for your ISOs, no need for some kind of databse, just pointless. You can still propose that feature somewhere else.

It's not pointless - how on earth is it pointless to add flexibility? Do you know how slow it is to move files around on a phone? If I transfer image files, or download them, or get them using an app, they'll be all over my SD card - having a front end that searches for these files and groups them is simply a good feature.

KowboyBebop wrote:
- Read the README for FPSEce. The settings in FPSE are taken from FPSEce. HLE for example means high level emulation and it's used for testing and debugging, it also doesnt use standart Bios file and is not useful in average usage.
First of all, I did read it and many things are different. GTE Acceleration isn't mentioned, Mdec Accelerations isn't mentioned, Boost mode isn't mentioned, Fast booting isn't mentioned ... HLE, the one you mentioned, is the ONLY one mentioned. For the rest you just need to guess what it does. For example, sure, MDEC Acceleration - sounds like it speeds up MPEG clips? Except it doesn't explain why it's not always on if it provides a speed boost? Does it have drawbacks? Are there's times when it should be turned off? No way to know except to spend a lot of time testing. A simple line or two to explain each function would go a long way to save people trouble and make them know whether they should fiddle with it or not, or whether it could cause certain game issues.

So I stick with my points - would be doing others a disservice by pretending the issues aren't there when they are.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:10 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
@Majestic123: The advises KowboyBebop end myself tried to give you mostly come from our very ong experience using FpseCE

When KowboyBebop says that an app may interfer with Fpse, that's because it was one of the usual problems with FpseCE (example: having the app ShowCase integrated on a WinMo 6.5 rom was leadind to FpseCE crashing). So some of our answers may sound weird to you, OK, but are related to our experience of the WinMo version of Fpse

Also bad or slightly corrupted iso can lead to the same result: force close
Yes, Fpse is very picky about image file, it handles iso, img or bin, very pure ones, that's really not new to FpseCE user. I'm waiting for PocketIso compressed roms to be fully supported

As for the iso database, I really think it's not one of Schtruck's priorities right now, but maybe once he removes the bugs, he'll add extra features like that (personnaly I just have all my iso in the same folder, at the root of the SD card, and that's right for me)

As for the settings, only boost function may increase speed. For the other ones, it's rather a question of compatibility. Let them ON unless a game doesn't work well and so you can try to uncheck them
Fast boot is just to boot faster (lol), boost mode is the equivalent of the overclock mode of FpseCE: can boost some game, but can break inputs for some or can have just no effect, try to see on each game

In fact, for people used to play with FpseCE on winmo, Fpse menu is really nice, I mean, I still remember the time when we had to change these settings manually in the .ini files for each game ^^

IMO, Schtrucks is currently working on speed and removing bugs rather than on the flexibility of the interface

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]