View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:31 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 FpseCE tutorials 
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
Post FpseCE tutorials
Installing FpseCE v0.10 or later

1. Download the free version of FpseCE 0.10.

2. Unzip the file "FpseCE_010.zip" to your memory card.

3. Install extracted *.cab file.

4. Acquire a BIOS file, preferably SCPH1001.bin, and place it in Program Files/FpseCE/BIOS.

Now all that's left to do is run the program, configure the options as you please (graphics driver, controller, etc.) and enjoy.
FpseCE should automatically create a program shortcut in your start menu. In addition to this, after running a game once, a direct shortcut to it will be created in a folder called "PSone Games" in the start menu.

If you still have problems, have a read of the documentation to find out what certain things do. Note, that the document was written for the initial release of v0.10, so some features are subject to change. The documentation will be updated to coincide with the arrival of each new free version.

Attachment:
Fpsece 0.10 Beta Documentation.zip [423.94 KiB]
Downloaded 3591 times

Creating CD image file with SlySoft CloneCD.

1. Insert PSX disc into disc tray (preferably one capable of reading sub-channel data), and open CloneCD

2. Choose "Read to image file"

3. Double click the drive containing the disc and wait for it to be analysed

4. Right-click in the box with the different profiles and create a new one (just call it PlayStation)

5. Right-click this profile and choose "edit"

6. On the "Data and read settings" tab, tick both boxes and set read speed to max

7. On the "Audio read settings" tab:
"Read SubChannel data from audio tracks" = ticked
"Read Speed Audio" = Max
"Audio Extraction Quality" = Medium (Fast)
Leave the "Only Read the First Session" option unmarked

8. On the "Error Handling" tab:
"Fast Error Skip Settings" = Off
"Abort on Read Error" = Off
"Don't Report Read Errors" = Off
"Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner" = Off

9. Click OK > Next > Choose where to save ISO (uncheck "create cue-sheet") > OK

10. After a few minutes it'll do a little jingle to let you know it's done. Then you're ready to convert it with PocketISO

If you follow it exactly, you should have no problems and end up with a working image file.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Last edited by CloudStrife86 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:55 am
Global Moderator

Post Re: I give up....I'm beatin'...please help me....
Compressing an ISO with PocketISO

Ripping from original disc

1. Place the disc in your PC's CD tray and rip the contents to an image file (.img, .bin, .iso, etc.) using your preferred software (I use SlySoft CloneCD).

2. Open PocketISO 3.2.

3. Locate and select ripped image from within PocketISO.

4. Select "Enhanced XA Detection", and Click "Analyse ISO".

5. When analysis is complete, the program will display a list of media files discovered. If XA streams are found, select "Rip XA streams to mp3", then click "Process ISO".

6. Place the compressed files (game_name.iso.z and game_name.iso.z.table [extension may also appear as .znx and .znx.table]) on your memory stick. Some people say in the same directory as fpse.exe is best, but I use an 'ISOs' sub-folder.

Obtaining from other means

1. I'm not going to tell you where or how to illegally obtain ripped PSX games, but I will tell you that Google is your friend.

Hope that helps you. :)

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:23 am
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
Post Re: FpseCE tutorials
Using the MSI BGP100 with the HTC HD2 (or any other device that doesn't support the original MSI drivers)

Just pair you gamepad to the HD2 via the bluetooth manager, accept connexions, and select the Com2 as port

Then in the fpse.ini, add BTPAD=2 , [JOY0KEY] section (and I also added this in the [PocketPC] section since I was not sure where to put it looool)

Once FpseCE is started, don't forget that you must map the keys in the gamepad config menu, i.e. for example, press X on the gamepad in fpsece menu (I know, not easy to do on the HD2 lol), you'll see the value of X going to "--" then press the button of the MSI you want to be X, you'll see "--" being replaced by a number. Do this for each button.

Tekken 3 on the HD2 with the MSI BGP100 bluetooth gamepad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_667zwB3nLE

A special thank to ben86 (here or at XDA) for his good advices !

Modifying the sensivity of the G-sensor

For the sensivity of the G-sensor:
you can change these values, in the fpse.ini
Quote:
Sensor_Gpz=127
Sensor_Gpx=127

These values set the maximum range of the analogic controls. If you reduce it, it will be like NOT moving the stick to it's extremity, so it will turn less

Quote:
Sensor_Npz=20
Sensor_Npx=20

These values indicate the size of the neutral point. If you increase it, the neutral point will be bigger

z and x correspond to the different axis of the G-sensor

Modifying too much may lead to problems (especially the neutral point) but modifying a little can improve the playability for some games.
Remember to back up the original values (or better the complete fpse.ini) before modifying these values.

The G-sensor is working like a charm on every HTC, including the HD2, every device that can use the HTC dll dot G-sensor (ex: Samsung Omnia) and the Toshiba TG01

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
Activating the G-Sensor

Tutorial made by dagger17

Set controller to 2nd oneImage
    Open controller settings Image
  • Click the down-arrow
  • If the left analog stick has to be mapped to the g-sensor you have to select the g-sensor symbol in the left box Image
  • Back to main menu

Open on-screen-menu
  • Select an empty area, to set the "Activate g-sensor"-button Image
  • Make sure you have selected the pressed-mode Image
  • Select an icon for the button (e.g. Image )
  • At this point it should work already.

Optional: Displaying the state of analogue stick and the g-sensor
  • Choose a free area for the analogue stick (e.g. left analogue stick)
  • Select the left analogue stick Image and select appropriate onscreen iconImage.

Function
  • If during a game the Image-button gets pressed, the g-sensor gets mapped to the left analogue stick.
  • Each time you activate, the g-sensor button, the neutral position is set at the position in which the PDA is in this moment.

I hope this helps you.

German version here: http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=646

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Addict

Primary Device: xperia play
Post FpseCE Tutorials
Anti-piracy and cheat patches guide

Mainly of interest if ripping from original game disc
I decided to write a quick guide, after a few problems in game-specific help being down to anti-piracy, which people may not have come across before.
If your game gets to menu screen then won't go further, something strange happens at the very start, or a squaresoft game, I would see if your game is in the list here. If it is, then:

1. Download patch specific to your game
If the patch comes with an exe, just put the ISO in the same folder and click the exe to patch, but most zips just come with 2 files for which you need to:

2. Download ppf-0-matic3

3. Unzip

4. Run ppf-o-matic3

5. Click "ISO" and find your game ISO

6. Click "patch" and find the patch you downloaded

7. Click "apply"

Your game will now be free from anti-piracy restrictions.

You can also use the link and tools above to apply trainers (cheat patch) in the same way. PM or post if you need more help.

Last edited by tony on Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:31 pm
Global Moderator

BGP100 PAD installation and set up

1. Make sure the gamepad is on.

2. On your phone, go in your bluetooth settings and select "add device".
My phone saw it as "GAMEPAD".

3. Select it, and enter "0000" as the passkey.

4. Select "SPP slave" and continue.

5. It will then ask you to select a local serial port to assign "SPP Slave", select COM2.

6. After setup is done, you should see that' GAMEPAD' is now paired with your device.

7. Expand the menu with the '+' to the right of the name, and you should see "SPP Slave". Select it.

8. It should say "establishing connection" then put a two-way arrow ( <--> ). Close out of the Bluetooth options.

9. Before starting FpseCE, you will need to modify your ini files. Note, some of these options may be unnecessary:

10. Place "BTPAD=2" under [JOY0KEY] in your desired INIs. If you already have an existing game specific .ini, place BTPAD=2 in both the game specific .ini and in fpse.ini.

11. Launch the main FpseCE 0.10 icon on the start menu (not the game icon).

12.It should display the following prompt: "Please select a serial port connection shortcut to connect:", with the options 'Add...' & 'GAMEPAD (SPP SLAVE)'. Select GAMEPAD and continue.

13. Map keys for the game, and close FpseCE.

14. Load the game from the game-specific shortcut icon to be able to play :)

Credit for this tutorial to mastanobu.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:38 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]